Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How is this possible?

awow

This morning I woke up to find scribble marks, in ink, on my back, right in the middle. I slept in a t-shirt, no pens in the bed, we don't drink or do drugs so there were no drunken drawing sessions last night, and we don't have children. This same scribble showed up on my husband's ankle a couple of months ago. We've had odd happenings in the house (noises, objects moving, etc.) but nothing terrifying or aggressive---I assume. Our house is over 80 years old, and we do live near a cemetery, if that matters. I do sage the place now and then, haven't done that in a couple months.

I know that it *could be that one of us is drawing on the other one in our sleep but that also seems odd and distressing. Plus, one of us would be a sh*tty artist.

Does anyone have experience with this? How is this possible? What sort of thing might cause this or do it?

Any advice? I'm baffled.

http://i1346.photobu...zpsfa580d1c.jpg

http://i1346.photobu...zps1c547a4e.jpg

Edited by awow

This morning I woke up to find scribble marks, in ink, on my back, right in the middle. I slept in a t-shirt, no pens in the bed, we don't drink or do drugs so there were no drunken drawing sessions last night, and we don't have children. This same scribble showed up on my husband's ankle a couple of months ago. We've had odd happenings in the house (noises, objects moving, etc.) but nothing terrifying or aggressive---I assume. Our house is over 80 years old, and we do live near a cemetery, if that matters. I do sage the place now and then, haven't done that in a couple months.

I know that it *could be that one of us is drawing on the other one in our sleep but that also seems odd and distressing. Plus, one of us would be a sh*tty artist.

Does anyone have experience with this? How is this possible? What sort of thing might cause this or do it?

Any advice? I'm baffled.

Welcome to UM,

I wish report that I am a skeptic and my views may not agree with yours. I don't see ghosts attacking tummies with pens, it just doesn't seem right, it more likely more normal situation than paranormal.

I can think of two causes.

1. A pokemon had attacked you.

Cute_Jigglypuff_by_VarenNeoRaven.jpg

2. The other obivious suggestion is that you may of had that pen marks all day maybe having a purse on your lap. other could be laying on the floor before going to bed, other could be simply you did it and forgot (i am only throwing this out).

Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 1

Thank you for your reply; you're right it doesn't seem right for ghosts to attack tummies with pens! lol

I could have done that to myself if it had been my tummy, but it was my back. The middle of my back right above my bra strap. So, would've had to be hubby doing it while we were both sleeping. He doesn't recall doing such a thing and if he did it, I slept through it which...that idea bothers me as much as any other one. What kind of weird stuff are we into anyway? Sleep body art, now that's disturbing!

I quit rolling around on the floor when I quit drinking. :tu: But you're right, could have been there all day, I just don't know how it got there. Must look into maybe recording hubby in his sleep, he'll love that. heh

• Like 1

Sometimes we use whatever is in hand to relieve an annoying itch, my guess is such a moment happened when your bra strap caused vexation and absent minded you used your pen for relief. Same old trick for itching that ankle, fits down the sock nicely, not an uncommon practice.

Another place to check for strange scribblings would be in each others ears or nose.

• Like 4

Did you check your back before going to bed?

Reason I ask, is you only noticed them in the morning. Unless you checked yourself before hand, you can only be sure they showed up sometime between the last time you checked yourself.

I agree with 'scratchin' an itch' ... the patterns are consistent to that effect ....

~

nail polish ? or those finger nail accessories ? or just maybe something between skin and the scratching ... clothing, bedding ... how sure that it is 'pen ink marks' ?

~

I can safely say that there was no paranormal activity involved in the incident...That is all I am SURE of... :whistle:

• 2 weeks later...

You or your husband may be a sleepwalker, or maybe both of you are but I seriously doubt that lol. Set up some cameras and you'll find the answer.

Leave a pad of paper out with a pen and see if it happens again?

I scratch my back with pens absent-mindedly all the time....scribbles happen.

Any advice? I'm baffled.

I do agree, this is odd. Looking at your pics, I wonder if it's not pen, but discoloration. Maybe you did scratch an itch in your sleep, or possibly it was something else too. I'm not ruling that out.

I wish you also had a pick of your husband's ankle with the marks. It would be neat to compare.

I would agree that this is an "itchy-scratchy" event. Just another opinion, though.

• 1 year later...

I just found this thread on the internet after experiencing a similarly weird occurrence.

We've had some guests at our house for a few days and they are staying in my daughters room. One of our guests purchased some white pants last week and wore them yesterday and hung them on a chair before going to bed. She awoke this morning to find a large scribble on them. There are no pens or pencils near the chair. Yesterday my wife also "lost" her earrings that she religiously places in a small drawer, 3 people looked for them in various places. This morning they turned up in the drawer where a number of people looked and a small stone is missing. My wife has always believed that there is some ghosts in the house from past experiences. I'm a skeptic but I did have a chill down my spine.

post-152862-0-86614700-1421729449_thumb.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Last weekend I was ready to go to a getaway weekend with my daughter when she noticed on the tail of my blouse was scribbled mark's with a ink pen. We both had no idea how it got on there. Then last night I was going thru my capris and the side of one pair, and not the pair I was wearing with that blouse, had scribbled ink marks.. looks just like the ink marks on marloo's picture. I do not know how to post pictures but when I find out, I'll post.