Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Hazard of Simulation Hypothesis

ambelamba

To simply put it will make you really, really fearful, paranoid, and angry.

It's been a while since I embraced simulation hypothesis, and I am beginning to realize that it does nothing positive to me. From my view, s.imulism is very well compatible with maltheism. In fact, they can be easily merged. I realized that I ended up going back to maltheism, which I tried to avoid because it's damaging to my mind.

In simulation hypothesis, it's incredibly difficult to accept the concept of pure coincidence and randomness. When you start believing that everything happens as scripted, life will turn into hell itself.

My hardship drove me to chase down the rabbit hole, and I am paying the price for seeking the horrific truth.

Life itself might be indeed the love child of H.P. Lovecraft and Stephen King, with some sprinkling from Wil Wright on meth.

Edited by libstaK

This is like mad libs, but I feel like I'll get in trouble if I try to guess the subject.

edit: I'll stop editing with words I think it might be now.

Edited by _Only

*spam filter* ?

It's basically a shorter term of Simulation Hypothesis. I can't fathom why it would be a spam word.

Maybe the big guy up there has something to hide? I mean the webmaster.

I have changed the title and edited Ambelamba's opening post replacing *spam filter* with simulation hypothesis. I have also reported the issue, don't know why the spam filter would collect that one either.

Can I suggest if you wish to use the shortened term that in this exception you type in s.imulism to avoid the word being collected by the spam filter (the dot is the obvious addition to the term Ambelamba was looking for).

Cheers all.

that is a strange thing to get caught by a filter, but i understand the topic better now. not sure i can offer anything on it, i don't know much about the subject.

Okay, that makes more sense. Now the only thing that doesn't make sense is, why is this thread in this forum? Seems better suited to the philosophy forum.

Okay, that makes more sense. Now the only thing that doesn't make sense is, why is this thread in this forum? Seems better suited to the philosophy forum.

Good point, moved.

• Like 1

When you start believing that everything happens as scripted, life will turn into hell itself.

My hardship drove me to chase down the rabbit hole, and I am paying the price for seeking the horrific truth.

Some people have probably said "with great wisdom, comes much sorrow." However, would it be so implied that the sorrow is not a matter of a lament but a barrage of torments?

I gotta respectfully disagree with you, ambelamba. I found the Simulation Hypothesis incredibly exciting. To me all explanations for the Universe have some depressing aspects. It all depends on how you look at them.

:lol: The Spam filter knows we're onto the game!

The cake is a Lie!

We're share the same dream..

But seriously.. Kudo's to you Ambelamba for diving so deep down the rabbit hole.. many lack that bravery.. myself included..

Perhaps it it time now to embrace another cosmic truth that is much discussed but seldom understood. That being that we create our realty..

Stop creating that fear, paranoia and anger..

Edited by Professor T

Many have thought along these lines for many thousands of years, Shakespeare wrote “The whole world is a stage ……..” some Chinese masters saw it all as a dream as in this quote from ‘The Inner Chapters’

"How do I know that love of life is not a delusion after all? How do I know but that he who dreads death is not as a child who has lost his way and does not know his way home? The Lady Li Chi was the daughter of the frontier officer of Ai. When the Duke of Chin first got her, she wept until the bosom of her dress was drenched with tears. But when she came to the royal residence, shared with the Duke his luxurious couch, and ate rich food, she repented of having wept. How then do I know but that the dead may repent of having previously clung to life? Those who dream of the banquet, wake to lamentation and sorrow. Those who dream of lamentation and sorrow wake to join the hunt. While they dream, they do not know that they are dreaming. Some will even interpret the very dream they are dreaming; and only when they awake do they know it was a dream. By and by comes the great awakening, and then we find out that this life is really a great dream. Fools think they are awake now, and flatter themselves they know -- this one is a prince, and that one is a shepherd. What narrowness of mind! Confucius and you are both dreams; and I who say you are dreams -- I am but a dream myself.”

It can be disconcerting when we try to understand intellectually the greatest questions as we have really no frame of reference outside our limited sensory awareness, our mind fears the unknown so it can be a negative . What I was taught and have found to be true is that real understanding in this subject is Empirical NOT Intellectual. Meditation is the tool to go beyond the limited mind and to look within to ‘Know Thyself’ to delve into your own self and so go beyond the dream/ simulation and ‘experience’ your own being which is indescribable. The answer is a feeling, a union with the Oneness that is everything and then one doesn’t care about understanding the simulation but we realize that it is about enjoying this life/game/simulation. When you know you are not a limited human but an energy being that is not confined only to the simulation and this Empirical knowing will bring Peace to us and so diving down the rabbit hole is not a horrific truth of the mind but a sublime experience of total peace felt in the heart and really when you think about it isn’t Peace all you ever wanted? In everything we do we look for it, we call it fulfillment, satisfaction, happiness, etc, etc. The goal you seek awaits you inside of your own being, Infinite Peace, the hidden treasure. Heres a Alan Watts vid that I find inspiring.

The dream of life.