Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Only one small point. - about god

Dalien Forester

What exactly is the point? Is God Perfect? or is the Universe an "eternal mathematical harmony" - Spooky music and weird voiceovers do not really end up makin any sense or any point. But that's just my opinion.

I reed in video description : ' there is no God '

And title is ' one small point about God ' :)

No one can say such thing. There is no way to confirm or deny the existance of God and i am sure there are many arguments on both sides, believers and non believers.

I turn to the universe exploration - with enough knowledge and enough time we will know. Universe had to start somewhere - but we say that cuz we are limited. Everything's gotta have its begining and its end. But is it really like that?

• Like 1

I took it as theist propaganda attacking the idea that there is no God with the mistaken notion that atheists think the universe is "mathematical harmony," whatever that might be. Pretty dumb film regardless of what it was trying to say it didn't succeed very well. This is why I generally don't go watch these things; they tend to be a waste of time.

The notion that the beginning had to have a cause doesn't make sense since before the beginning there would be no causation. It is only once you have time that causation sets in.

• Like 2

I took it as theist propaganda attacking the idea that there is no God with the mistaken notion that atheists think the universe is "mathematical harmony," whatever that might be. Pretty dumb film regardless of what it was trying to say it didn't succeed very well. This is why I generally don't go watch these things; they tend to be a waste of time.

The notion that the beginning had to have a cause doesn't make sense since before the beginning there would be no causation. It is only once you have time that causation sets in.

Does mathematical harmony point to existance of something like God too? I mean, some things are so precise and really in harmony to think of them as a pure coincidence.

So, as much as someone is trying to use it as a ground for his beliefs that dont include God a believer could use same thing to explain that it was a work of God.

• Like 1

Actually the universe is not very harmonious. Take the sun and moon for example. A decent creator would have made the month an integral fraction of the year, but no, we have to have months of different lengths. So do a decent creator would have made the day an integral fraction of the year, but no we have to have leap years and skipped leap years and it still does not come out quite right.

• Like 1

Frank ...

It sounds like, if there is really a God, you would like GOd to apologise for a messed up job of creating a not up to Swiss Mechanical Engineering Standard Solar System :lol:

Awww ... don't get the knickers all twisted ... just joshin'

:)

• Like 1

Frank ...

It sounds like, if there is really a God, you would like GOd to apologise for a messed up job of creating a not up to Swiss Mechanical Engineering Standard Solar System :lol:

Awww ... don't get the knickers all twisted ... just joshin'

:)

Just pointing out that all the supposed harmony is largely wishful thinking. The only reason we survive at all is that the earth makes such a small target in such a big space.
  • Like 1

And the believers would say that that 'only' reason is proof enough of a divine being ...

;)

~

• Like 1

I turn to the universe exploration - with enough knowledge and enough time we will know. Universe had to start somewhere - but we say that cuz we are limited. Everything's gotta have its begining and its end. But is it really like that?

I wouldn't be counting on that if i were you.

There will be no human life or good technology by then. The universe is really big.

Albert Einstein: " I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

The creator of the heavens and earth doesn't have a beginning and end. It would only be logical to believe in a creator, otherwise there's no explaining life itsself. You can never understand life and existence unless you believe in a creator. Just think deeply about it. People don't think too much about: "where did everything come from?"

In my opinion people can believe in a creator, like most of the world does, but nobody can really deny him. So i don't think there's such a thing as a pure atheist.

Also Read this everybody: http://jaafaridris.com/the-contemporary-physicists-and-gods-existence/

The creator of the heavens and earth doesn't have a beginning and end. It would only be logical to believe in a creator, otherwise there's no explaining life itsself. You can never understand life and existence unless you believe in a creator. Just think deeply about it. People don't think too much about: "where did everything come from?"

Think about what you just said; "I can't explain it, therefore God did it" is a fallacy.