Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Atheist Experience

ShadowSot

Hey guys and gals, I know a few of you are familiar with the Atheist Experience, a live call in show put together by the Atheist Community of Austin.

Well, this Sunday I have one of the hosts and current Atheist Community of Austin President Jen Peeples on my program, and I'll be talking with her about both the Atheist Experience and the Atheist Community of Austin.

There is a possibility that a schedule conflict may come up, in which case I'll have the Vice President Don Rhoades on instead.

Either way, this is a live show and I do try to get viewers on and comments. Sometimes the notice doesn't go out until after the show airs, so just in case I wanted to have a few questions ready if no one posts any. So I'm opening it up here first.

When the show goes live I post a link, and then the video after it's been uploaded.

• Like 1

Question:

During the AE show the hosts invite listeners to the after show dinner gathering (local eatery), but mention not to come to preach.Was there ever an incident when someone did come, and preach, or any kind of situation worth mentioning?

(Feel free to reword the question in a more professional manner)

Thanks if question is used.

And I have to a apologize, there was a lot of last minutes in this show, which left me without my notes and I kept forgetting things due to having had to skip breakfast.

I would listen to this. They have a right to believe what they want. They get more flak then these crazy re borns that are on tv and knock on your door preaching there bs.

Not to sound rude or anything, but I never much saw the point of Atheist groups. Kind of counter-intuitive. I mean, what would you talk about? The only things that come to mind is a support-group type setting or just people complaining about things.

I'm an Atheist myself, but I've never encountered any kind of dislike over it. Might be because I simply don't care enough about religion to bring it up or debate it.

• Like 1

Not to sound rude or anything, but I never much saw the point of Atheist groups. Kind of counter-intuitive. I mean, what would you talk about? The only things that come to mind is a support-group type setting or just people complaining about things.

I'm an Atheist myself, but I've never encountered any kind of dislike over it. Might be because I simply don't care enough about religion to bring it up or debate it.

Or you're in California, one of the more liberal parts of the country.

Myself I got kicked out of my parents home after my mother found out, and in my group are people who ended up divorced or jobless. In one particular case there's a woman who was accused of being a witch in her hometown and had to move.

Just because you've not encountered any doesn't mean you can generalize your experience out to everyone esle.

Watch the video, we talk about this.

• Like 1

I tuned in. Kind of long. I didn't learn much, but then, I've got some friends filling me in on such things. And they recommend The Atheist Experience. Maybe I just picked the wrong one to tune in to. Could you post an address where I could tune in to the regular program?

I used to know a guy who lost his job when the boss found out he was an atheist. I don't think I'd lose mine if I said that, but this is Oklahoma, so it's safer not to say anything. Besides, I have a lot of fun doing things like putting a Star of David on my Christmas tree, just to see what the neighbors say (They weren't exactly rude, but they let me know they weren't happy about it.). I kind of like Christmas trees: I have learned to read their rings and have re-created storm histories from pine trees (Trees mostly write about the weather.). Guess that makes me a Druid, of sorts. The Druids had a tree alphabet. They could leave a message by leaving a bundle of twigs where people could find it. Anyway, I'm rambling. Nuff said.

Doug

Edited by Doug1029

I tuned in. Kind of long. I didn't learn much, but then, I've got some friends filling me in on such things. And they recommend The Atheist Experience. Maybe I just picked the wrong one to tune in to. Could you post an address where I could tune in to the regular program?

I used to know a guy who lost his job when the boss found out he was an atheist. I don't think I'd lose mine if I said that, but this is Oklahoma, so it's safer not to say anything. Besides, I have a lot of fun doing things like putting a Star of David on my Christmas tree, just to see what the neighbors say (They weren't exactly rude, but they let me know they weren't happy about it.). I kind of like Christmas trees: I have learned to read their rings and have re-created storm histories from pine trees (Trees mostly write about the weather.). Guess that makes me a Druid, of sorts. The Druids had a tree alphabet. They could leave a message by leaving a bundle of twigs where people could find it. Anyway, I'm rambling. Nuff said.

Doug

Here is their official Youtube channel.

http://www.youtube.c...heistExperience

Here is a Preview.LOL!

Edited by davros of skaro

Here is a list of fresh new, individual skeptics doing videos.

Doug

Just search for the Atheist Experience and it'll bring up their site, it includes a show archive.

The show can hit or miss since it's mostly driven by callers. Sometimes they'll have genuinely interesting discussions and other times it can be a bunch of atheists calling in to talk about how great the show is.

Other times you have presups call in and those get stale quickly.

Oh, and I love Christmas, even the music.

Edited by ShadowSot

• 2 weeks later...

Cool!

Thanks for asking my question. :tu: