Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The dollar symbol $

qxcontinuum

What do you see in this symbol? Of course is the main instrument that rules current word and its economies, our lives are directly affected being impacted negatively or positively by its existence. We need it because it gives stability to our lives, it makes us happy allowing us to buy food and items, it can even buy fake love. We can go out living in the streets if we don't have it.

But

What truly is? What this symbol represents?

What do you see in this symbol? Of course is the main instrument that rules current word and its economies, our lives are directly affected being impacted negatively or positively by its existence. We need it because it gives stability to our lives, it makes us happy allowing us to buy food and items, it can even buy fake love. We can go out living in the streets if we don't have it.

But

What truly is? What this symbol represents?

you mean what it stands for? or where it comes from? I know a little bit about its origins, but it always reminded me of something completely different:

aesculap.jpg

• Like 1

you mean what it stands for? or where it comes from? I know a little bit about its origins, but it always reminded me of something completely different:

aesculap.jpg

You got it right!

It is the mythological sign of primordial sin... The disobedience from truth and God. The sin we all committed every day! The sin that gets us away of God by making us loving everything that is material. And the king of all currencies...

Edited by qxcontinuum

You got it right!

It is the mythological sign of sin... The sin we all committed every day! And the king of all currencies...

sez who?

no one knows the exact origin of the dollar symbol. to suggest it refers to sin is ridiculous.

You got it right!

It is the mythological sign of primordial sin... The disobedience from truth and God. The sin we all committed every day! The sin that gets us away of God by making us loving everything that is material. And the king of all currencies...

Eh? The origins aren't related, but even if they were the image represented is the sign of a Greek God of Healing, even appears in the Bible in such a context.

• Like 2

it's the rod of aesculap, i thought. the international sign of medicine.

anyway, i've read somewhere that the dollar sign originates from the number eight, in connection with the old spansih currency measure "pieces of eight".

sorry, i don't do fanatics....

this is also about barcodes having the number 666 hidden in them and not about the dollar sign.

• Like 2

Jesus! Someone actually sat there and wrote that twaddle??

You've been here longer than I, and you're surprised?
  • Like 1

Jesus! Someone actually sat there and wrote that twaddle??

It's false anyway. There is a difference between the 6 in barcode and those two lines that create the beginning middle and end of the code. The barcode making up "6" is slightly shorter. Maybe it was done on purpose, maybe not, but it is not a 6 just like a 9 is not a six, just because something is similar that doesn't mean it is the same thing.

As for the original post. This is most likely, in my opinion, where the symbol came from:

The Crucified Serpent

nk_theol_crucified_serpent_dollar.jpg

see, if you wanted to connect the dollar sign with something sinister, you could have gone with the theory connecting it to the mines at potosi. those were pretty unpleasant places.

You got it right!

You do realize that snake around the staff symbol is used on about every ambulance on the planet?

The actual number of the beast is 616, not 666.

But what gematria system is the question.

According to Oxford Dictionary -

What is the origin of the dollar sign ($)?

Many suggestions have been made about the origin of the dollar symbol $, one of the commonest being that it derives from the figure 8, representing the Spanish 'piece of eight'. However, it actually comes from a handwritten 'ps', an abbreviation for 'peso' in old Spanish-American books. The $ symbol first occurs in the 1770s, in manuscript documents of English-Americans who had business dealings with Spanish-Americans, and it starts to appear in print after 1800.

• oxford dictionaries link

more on symbolism of the dollar note -

The Truth:

Although symbols are open to many interpretations, we do have some historical insight into the design and meaning of some of the images on the one dollar bill.

Using the text from the most commonly circulated email on this subject, let's go through some of the lines that seem to be of most interest. All explanations and interpretations are taken from the United States Treasury Department and the United States Department of State, which is the official keeper of the United States Seal.

• truth of fiction link

More on symbols and meanings or lost meanings -

According to Masonic sources :

1526634_10151912509758165_1458970970_n.jpg

~

post-108562-0-56902600-1388283330_thumb.

• Like 1

You do realize that snake around the staff symbol is used on about every ambulance on the planet?

Same thing, it is the symbol of science. The first person known to adopt the sign was king solomon which many historians are also identifying him as the grandfather of Joseph which is believed to be Imhotep of Egypt, one of the first scientists and doctors known in history, the famous pyramid and wonders builders and the father of Masonry today.

One thing though science and religion are not going together. In fact it is being said science is coming from the power of devil and was given to humanity simply as to defy God. It started with Babel tower and it is going to present days.

Edited by qxcontinuum

One thing though science and religion are not going together. In fact it is being said science is coming from the power of devil and was given to humanity simply as to defy God. It started with Babel tower and it is going to present days.

Science is thinking rationally; religion as exemplified above is its opposite. This is a danger always present for our civilization.
  • Like 1

Science is thinking rationally; religion as exemplified above is its opposite. This is a danger always present for our civilization.

Unfortunately as I said religion and God are two different things. I was talking directly about God and hiis real influence not about religion as a poor attempt of humanity to interpret His ways, Please do not mix as to create distortion from the main subject. We are talking about the purity and the genuine root of everything not the crap we're living in today

Edited by qxcontinuum

Unfortunately as I said religion and God are two different things. I was talking directly about God and not about religion. Please do not mix as to create distortion from the main subject. We are talking about the purity and the root of everything not the crap we're living in today

The idea of God is perhaps the ultimate irrationality.
  • Like 1