Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Atacama Mummy

Erowin

Ok, so basically it was (not so recently) announced the Atacama mummy had human DNA from the mother, no surprise there. This thing is WEIRD. Info here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2313828/Is-really-human-DNA-tests-inch-skeleton-alien-looking-creature-sized-head-prove-actually-human-claim-scientists-new-documentary.html

I like the mummified fetus with deformity idea, but it looks unlike any mummified fetus I've ever seen. And its so small but perfectly proportioned, I mean the thing has tiny wee bones. I imagined the skeletal structure wouldn't be as developed in a fetus. I can't find much info beyond weird fringe sites though. Basically, what do you think happened here? What kind of deformity could this be? I want more info!

(Also please do not start on about this thing being an alien, it's not an alien and I'm looking for more down to earth realistic explanations.)

Thank you so much! That's exactly what I was looking for. I had no idea it was modern, all the info I could find was badly skewed. It's also interesting that it wasn't deformed like the 'news' sites were saying. The explanation makes so much sense. Thanks ShadowSot

• Like 2