Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

We Are Headed Towards World Totalitarian Rule

Firestone66

An external threat is needed. Those pesky Martians.

The concept of a One World Government is far from new.

The illuminati, The Bilderberg Group and the Knights of Malta all share one goal, that is A New World Order, that is, One World Government.

The Bilderberg Group membership consists of some of the most powerful people in the world, in the fields of Government, Military, Media and Industry. Its meetings are secret, topics discussed are secret and never receive publicity.

It's been suggested that many major world events have been instigated and/or carried out by these groups.

For more, Google The Bilderbergs.

And now you know why people like me are ardent gun advocates.

You know what totalitarians do... eventually, they all pull a Pol Pot and kill a third of the civilian population.

Us "gun nuts" figured out long ago why government wanted to take *everyone's* gun away every time a nut goes on a rampage,

no guns, no protection. no guns, no revolution.

Call "them" cunning, but don't ever call them stupid.

• Like 2

And now you know why people like me are ardent gun advocates.

You know what totalitarians do... eventually, they all pull a Pol Pot and kill a third of the civilian population.

Us "gun nuts" figured out long ago why government wanted to take *everyone's* gun away every time a nut goes on a rampage,

no guns, no protection. no guns, no revolution.

Call "them" cunning, but don't ever call them stupid.

You think your government is going to send half a dozen state troopers? Dude, if your country lurches into totalitarianism they will send drones and helicopter gunships.

You think your government is going to send half a dozen state troopers? Dude, if your country lurches into totalitarianism they will send drones and helicopter gunships.

So what are you suggesting.. Lets all turn in our firearms because it wont matter anyway?

Correct. Humans, as a species, need to change a bit more.

Yeah, I talked a bit earlier about the world "totalitarianism" having been turned into an automatic negative, which leaves us without a decent neutral word for a global government. But pretty much any government implies control. People who were capable of perfect cooperation wouldn't really need a government; the morlocks would take care of all our needs. By the time we get to that stage, assuming we ever do, is so far in the future that we may not be homo sapiens sapiens anymore. It becomes a question of just how totalitarianism a totalitarian government is.

After all, it would be rather pointless for a single global government to enslave it's people.

I guess i'm stuck in the traditional meanings of Totalitarianism ... and Totalitarian ...

totalitarian |tōˌtaliˈte(ə)rēən|

adjective

of or relating to a system of government that is centralized and dictatorial and requires complete subservience to the state: a totalitarian regime.

noun

a person advocating such a system of government

....... I can't see totalitarianism becoming popular in the near future .. and so will remain short lived when it does arise?

And it doesn't seem we are capable of a level of cooperation required for some other successful form of Global of Government.

It's a complex issue ! isn't it?

I think enslavement of the Global Population might suit a TOTALITARIAN Government quite well? If it was presented and set up right.. the enslaved might not realize they are enslaved but instead, consider themselves fortunate participants . People fall for the darndest things sometimes.

Edited by lightly

Wow, this thread evokes a keen sense of nostalgia for me. Haven't experienced this many armchair Bolsheviks prattle on about a united world government in a while. The illusory "peace" under such an order would be the peace of the gun for much of the world. It would take a draconian transformation of basic human nature. This Orwellian vision would be a tyranny of nightmare preportions. Thought police, anyone? Do you really think a whole world of human beings could be persuaded, to cease all hostilities and sit down and chat things out over tea and cookies?

Edited by John Wesley Boyd
  • Like 2

So what are you suggesting.. Lets all turn in our firearms because it wont matter anyway?

It was clear. To use this as a justification for retaining handguns is disingenuous.

If you want a suggestion I would suggest, if you genuinely believe fascism is just around the corner, get involved and fight it democratically.

• Like 2

I think enslavement of the Global Population might suit a TOTALITARIAN Government quite well? If it was presented and set up right.. the enslaved might not realize they are enslaved but instead, consider themselves fortunate participants . People fall for the darndest things sometimes.

At that point, you are starting to get into philosophy, which interests me not at all. No matter what sort of society you get, you will always have people claiming they are being enslaved in one form or another. The only difference is degrees. The question isn't whether enslavement exists or will exist, but rather whether injustice and tyranny exists as an inherent aspect of the government.

I would agree that any government that rules over humans as they are now would have to require subservience, in much the way every government that has existed throughout history has demanded it, in much the way our government demands it. Subservience, by itself, is not cruelty, nor is it injustice. Living as a social animal, in a civilization, requires compromise specifically because we are all individuals. Even when we all agree on the same thing, we still have arguments.

So, no, as I said before, we aren't talking about perfect cooperation; if we ever get to that point, I would submit we would not longer be classified as homo sapien sapien. I am talking about a single global government, much like we have now in the most first-world countries (with a few tweaks), who's mission is primarily to see to the equality of treatment of all people, and to the logistical movement of supplies and resources. The people would be no more enslaved that any of the people in the first world countries are (meaning that there are indeed people living i first world countries are enslaved). Nor does a single global government mean that any sort of peace is illusionary, no more than the peace we are currently experiencing is illusionary. If anything, there will be even less restrictions on people, because one of the primary threats causing a lot of the threats (foreign involvement) will have been removed.

My biggest concern, frankly, wouldn't be enslavement by the government, but rather by corporations.

• Like 1

Well If E.T. gets here first and Eats us All it wont matter will it? Or not ! :alien::no:

But Man is the one we really need to Keep in Check ! Look at how Good we take care of our Fellow Man !

At that point, you are starting to get into philosophy, which interests me not at all. No matter what sort of society you get, you will always have people claiming they are being enslaved in one form or another. The only difference is degrees. The question isn't whether enslavement exists or will exist, but rather whether injustice and tyranny exists as an inherent aspect of the government.

I would agree that any government that rules over humans as they are now would have to require subservience, in much the way every government that has existed throughout history has demanded it, in much the way our government demands it. Subservience, by itself, is not cruelty, nor is it injustice. Living as a social animal, in a civilization, requires compromise specifically because we are all individuals. Even when we all agree on the same thing, we still have arguments.

So, no, as I said before, we aren't talking about perfect cooperation; if we ever get to that point, I would submit we would not longer be classified as homo sapien sapien. I am talking about a single global government, much like we have now in the most first-world countries (with a few tweaks), who's mission is primarily to see to the equality of treatment of all people, and to the logistical movement of supplies and resources. The people would be no more enslaved that any of the people in the first world countries are (meaning that there are indeed people living i first world countries are enslaved). Nor does a single global government mean that any sort of peace is illusionary, no more than the peace we are currently experiencing is illusionary. If anything, there will be even less restrictions on people, because one of the primary threats causing a lot of the threats (foreign involvement) will have been removed.

My biggest concern, frankly, wouldn't be enslavement by the government, but rather by corporations.

Aquatus 1:

Well said! I agree with you in principle, if a united world government could bring peace and equality to the world, what a wonderful thing that would be. IF!

We human beings have, over the centuries, stuffed things up so badly, and continue to in modern day, that a single government just could be the answer, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

It was clear. To use this as a justification for retaining handguns is disingenuous.

If you want a suggestion I would suggest, if you genuinely believe fascism is just around the corner, get involved and fight it democratically.

Disingenuous? Thats a remarkable choice of words. So what you would suggest, is to try and change the system from the inside, as an individual.

Let me ask you this; do you think the president decides US policy?

Theres always going to bee a pecking order,In everything ! Always. Its universal law. Srtong vs Weak. Light vs Dark. ect, vs ect !

Theres always going to bee a pecking order,In everything ! Always. Its universal law. Srtong vs Weak. Light vs Dark. ect, vs ect !

Those who have spellchecker vs those who don't………..!!

Edited by Border Collie
  • Like 3

I think the only peckinig order is Eat before your eaten sort of thing.

From that is born all else...

Yeah, F* any pecking order. And F* 'the strong shall survive'.

How about: 'The strong shall defend the weak / meak.'

• Like 1

Followed with the corollary: "The weak shall whine about how the strong are oppressing them under the guise of protection."

• Like 1

You mean like the 'weak' Iraqis 'whining' about their 'liberation' from Saddam provided by 'protector' & savior USA, kinda like that?

Or would you be referring to scenario's like the continuing oppression of the Palestinian People by the Israeli State in an effort to 'protect' them from their own 'barbaric culture'?

• Like 1

Lets not confuse "for profit warring for we give a sh.it political agendas ...Clearly the USA does not get involved unless they have something to gain.

As nations clump together like a snowball, the blurred lines between nations will fade. Eventually nations will be nothing more than territories within the ruling associations. As the great divide between the Rich & Poor expands, the likelihood of Totalitarian rule becomes more likely. As the Rich get Richer,the rich will buy more power. Loyalty to nations will diminish as loyalty to wealth becomes more important. The world is driving towards a world of Freelancers that will sell their services to the highest bidder. As the Rich get Richer, the more influence they have on nations. All this has been happening for years under the disguise of economics, free trade agreements. NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement) and the European Union are completed blocks. When there are enough completed blocks in the world, they will forge together in the interest of economics. The world will not be won over by wars, the world will be won over by economics. Only 'rogue' nations that defy the economic snowball will see wars.

Global Governance won't happen because people don't want it. Power imbalances always correct themselves in society through civil disorder and revolution. That happens regardless of how tightly a Government tries to close down Democracy and its something I predict will occur in the EU. The single currency is only 15 years old and I predict its first revolution will occur before it reaches 50. I'm surprised one hasn't already occured in Greece. It would be even worse with a Global Union!

Governments have to balance the interests of the public with whats best for business because services don't pay for themselves. A good way of encouraging innovation is to let entrepreneurs reap the rewards from it. They then benefit a nations economy through job creation and corporate taxes.

Capitalism is still with us because unlike Communism it hasn't failed. The only viable alternative would be a super Materials Resource Planning computer than can distribute resources throughout a national economy to where they're needed, when they're needed and with as little wastage as possible. Due to the complexity of such a task it isn't currently possible. Also due to the scarcity of resources it isn't going to happen any time soon.

Communism found that out the hard way. It was a form of MRP without a computer but beaurocrats making guesses over what production targets they needed to reach instead. It mean't huge over and under production problems. These arose from inaccurate predictions and how budgets quickly become outdated. A 12 month production plan isn't able to cope with demand variations occuring during the year. Its also impossible for a Government to consider the vast number of complex variables needed to produce an accurate budget plan.

Capitalism avoids these issues by regulating production and distribution of scarce resoures efficiently thought the market mechanism. Thats why it won and Communism, which lacks such a feedback mechanism, failed.

Total Totalitarian control won't happen as long as there are more than one person to fight over it.

core of this thread is globalization. we have global economy, global languages, global communication etc. but we dont have global politic. never will i guess.

• Like 1

You mean like the 'weak' Iraqis 'whining' about their 'liberation' from Saddam provided by 'protector' & savior USA, kinda like that?

Or would you be referring to scenario's like the continuing oppression of the Palestinian People by the Israeli State in an effort to 'protect' them from their own 'barbaric culture'?

Oh, no, I'm referring specifically to the whiny fat-asses from the good ol' U.S. of A.

The good ol' boys who scream that their freedoms are being oppressed by tyrants, ignoring what happens to people who scream about oppression in other countries with actual tyrants. The ones who take pride in refusing to vote, while simultaneously blaming elected officials for every wrong they see or imagine. The ones who see absolutely no irony in declaring the government dangerous while walking around Walmart with automatic weapons strapped to their backs, who consider themselves an essential part of the defense of civilian freedom even as they pause to catch their breath while jogging from the couch to the refrigerator, who have absolutely no problem in declaring that everything they believe was advocated by the founding fathers of the country, while forgetting that they never actually bothered to find out just what it was that the founding fathers advocated to begin with.

Those are the whiny little b****es that I am specifically referring to.

Edited by aquatus1
  • Like 2

Capitalism avoids these issues by regulating production and distribution of scarce resoures efficiently thought the market mechanism. Thats why it won and Communism, which lacks such a feedback mechanism, failed.

Problem is that Capitalism focuses and measures success solely through the successful acquisition of capital. This sets up a system where eventually, the capital is going to end up being collected more and more into one group.

Oh, no, I'm referring specifically to the whiny fat-asses from the good ol' U.S. of A.

The good ol' boys who scream that their freedoms are being oppressed by tyrants, ignoring what happens to people who scream about oppression in other countries with actual tyrants. The ones who take pride in refusing to vote, while simultaneously blaming elected officials for every wrong they see or imagine. The ones who see absolutely no irony in declaring the government dangerous while walking around Walmart with automatic weapons strapped to their backs, who consider themselves an essential part of the defense of civilian freedom even as they pause to catch their breath while jogging from the couch to the refrigerator, who have absolutely no problem in declaring that everything they believe was advocated by the founding fathers of the country, while forgetting that they never actually bothered to find out just what it was that the founding fathers advocated to begin with.

Those are the whiny little b****es that I am specifically referring to.

I can appreciate that. Although ofcourse, I do think it is quite obvious the governments of a lot of nations are more 'motivated' to 'govern' in favor of big business than their constituants. I also think this is not an exception to the rule, but a structural phenomena based on the nature of how the system works, how it is designed. To keep 'exercising your right to vote' is to legitimize that faulty system.

One can ignore the present trend, the division of society between the haves and have nots - where rights are added to the former and taken from the latter - but it will come back and bite said person in the **** at some point in time. And when that time comes, that person wouldnt even have those despized whiny fat-asses from the good ol' U.S. of A to seek any form of support from.

'Tyranny' as a rule doesnt arise from one day to another - never has, never will - it grows with minute incriments, babysteps. Crazed and deluded as these whiney fat asses might be, its not as though they have no basis to work with. Or would you say all is fine & dandy in the good ol' U.S. of A.?

Edited by Phaeton80