Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bombs at the Sochi Winter Olympics?

seeder

I keep hearing in the news, on TV mostly, how difficult it will be for the Russians to totally secure the venue, and also they mention, quite often... "A bomb even in any other Russian city will be a major embarrassment for Putin".

Now the words above, not exact, come after the recent bomb they had as seen in the following article

Sochi security concerns deepen after suicide bomber kills 16 people in Volgograd

Russian president Vladimir Putin ordered security to be tightened ahead of the Winter Olympic Games which get under way in six weeks

http://www.telegraph...-Volgograd.html

So, while Im not really into all the CT's that are about... Im keeping an open mind for this one.. just hope Im not right

Edited by seeder

Whoa!! A little searching found this..

Saudi Arabia threatens Russia with Olympic Terror

http://www.syrianews.cc/saudi-arabia-threatens-russia-olympic-terror/

Russian 'Bin Laden' Threatens To Stop Russia's 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics

http://www.ibtimes.com/chechen-terrorist-doku-umarov-threatens-stop-russias-2014-sochi-winter-olympics-1334213

I'm sorry, could you explain the conspiracy theory you're presenting, please? It's hardly a secret that there are large numbers of Muslims in Russia who resent Russian rule, and some have perpetrated terrorist attacks to pursue their agenda. It's also not really a secret that Russia and Saudi Arabia are supporting opposing sides in the Syrian Civil War.

• Like 2

I'm sorry, could you explain the conspiracy theory you're presenting, please? It's hardly a secret that there are large numbers of Muslims in Russia who resent Russian rule, and some have perpetrated terrorist attacks to pursue their agenda. It's also not really a secret that Russia and Saudi Arabia are supporting opposing sides in the Syrian Civil War.

Ah so you've totally ruled out the Wests interests then? The US?

Well I was going to do a countdown to the first accusation of U.S. government false-flag operations, but I can already see that someone beat me to it.

• Like 1

Ah so you've totally ruled out the Wests interests then? The US?

Do you have any evidence of Western involvement?

How exactly would the West benefit from a bombing campaign?

With Islamic militants there is no need to look further for a conspiracy. Certainly, some other group might have designs no one knows of - but can't you say the same thing about almost ANYTHING these days? I'm not sure why people are quick to dismiss the most rational reason and substitute it for moonshine. Chechnya left a LOT of hatred against Russia and a lot of need for revenge by those who lost loved ones - kind of like what I hear daily here about the US in the M.E. The bit about S.A. only reinforces it. The Saudis probably could stop most if not all of the attacks but they were rebuffed by Vlad I think. I mean, a bear riding spear fishing sky diving muschina's muschina doesn't need anyone to help HIM out...grrr... :w00t:

On a more serious note though, I hope they will be able to stop any large scale loss of life. The Russian people are a proud, strong people and they deserve better than they've been getting lately. :tu:

This conspiracy theory is drowning in supposition. Events that happened today and events that might not even happen? Seriously?

It is slightly better than the recent Apple App Store conspiracy thread though. ...slightly better.

Edited by Likely Guy

Besides, the Russians are more concerned about fighting the ghey.

That's it - Obama backed, paramilitary gay strike force.

• Like 1

This conspiracy theory is drowning in supposition. Events that happened today and events that might not even happen? Seriously?

It is slightly better than the recent Apple App Store conspiracy thread though. ...slightly better.

Another bomb has been set off

Volgograd blasts: New deadly explosion hits Russian city

At least 14 people dead. The blast comes a day after 17 people died in another suicide attack at the central station in the city.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25546477

Another bomb has been set off

Volgograd blasts: New deadly explosion hits Russian city

At least 14 people dead. The blast comes a day after 17 people died in another suicide attack at the central station in the city.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-25546477

I note from the article:

An Islamist insurgency in the North Caucasus region has led to many attacks there in recent years. Insurgents have also attacked major Russian towns.

Do you have any evidence this was anything other than yet another Islamist attack?

I can see it coming now the C.T`s are getting all there little Duckies in a row setting there C-4 and remote timmers and what nots ! Tee- minus and counting . Looking for the usual players again !

"Z:,"X", "Y", "BR" you know the lot ! Tee- Minus and counting ! :whistle:

See Who`s First ?

well here it begins...

Globalist agenda behind Russia blasts

An American human rights activist has slammed the recent bombings in Russia, blaming the terror act on a US-led ‘globalist agenda’ rather than any sort of a religious effort since all major faiths forbid suicide.

Rejecting the notion that the terror act was the work of a Chechen Islamic movement, Dr. Randy Short said in a Tuesday interview with Press TV that suicide is strictly forbidden in Islam and against the teachings of its holy Prophet Mohammad (peace be upon him).

and

Dr. Short went on to say that such terror acts are the results of a joint US-UK bid to establish what he referred to as a “toxic Islam” to generate proxy wars as part of their global rivalry with the former Soviet Union and even today’s Russia.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/12/31/342945/globalist-agenda-behind-russia-blasts/

But it is presstv

I note from the article:

Do you have any evidence this was anything other than yet another Islamist attack?

How should I? I dont think even the Russians know exactly

well here it begins...

An American human rights activist has slammed the recent bombings in Russia, blaming the terror act on a US-led ‘globalist agenda’ rather than any sort of a religious effort since all major faiths forbid suicide.

Rejecting the notion that the terror act was the work of a Chechen Islamic movement, Dr. Randy Short said in a Tuesday interview with Press TV that suicide is strictly forbidden in Islam and against the teachings of its holy Prophet Mohammad (peace be upon him).

and

Dr. Short went on to say that such terror acts are the results of a joint US-UK bid to establish what he referred to as a “toxic Islam” to generate proxy wars as part of their global rivalry with the former Soviet Union and even today’s Russia.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/12/31/342945/globalist-agenda-behind-russia-blasts/

But it is presstv

Well there is no doubt that the CIA is funding and arming these "russian" Muslims. If memory serves me correctly, the boston bombers uncle was involved with channeling agency money to radicals in southern russia.

• Like 1

Well there is no doubt that the CIA is funding and arming these "russian" Muslims. If memory serves me correctly, the boston bombers uncle was involved with channeling agency money to radicals in southern russia.

Get it straight.... There was no CIA involement with ths at all. Other than observation.

Edited by pallidin

well here it begins...

and

http://www.presstv.i...-russia-blasts/

But it is presstv

And while many Muslim scholars agree with Dr Short that suicide and suicide attacks are forbidden by Islam, many other Muslim scholars disagree: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_bomber#Islam

• 3 weeks later...

Sochi Winter Olympics: Video threat emerges amid security concerns

"We've prepared a present for you and all tourists who'll come over," the video says. "If you will hold the Olympics, you'll get a present from us for the Muslim blood that's been spilled."

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/01/19/world/europe/russia-putin-sochi/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

This topic seems to hop about between different parts of the forum. Anyway, there are now 7 terrorist scum less due to actions of security forces in Dagestan 3 days ago. In the regional capital, Makhachkala, last Saturday, after every effort to get them to surrender, the surrounded terrorists were all killed. Mercifully the women and children were saved from harm. Video is safe for those of "nervous disposition". The major concern is not so much an attack on Sochi, though there is a cause for concern at the moment about a suspected female suicide bomber fallen of the radar, it is the worry of any attack in Russia during Olympics, particulary in Krasnodar region generally, as this will be close enough to scare visitors in Sochi, while attack in Moscow or another in Volgograd, though unpleasant, will be far enough away not to cause immediate concern in Sochi.

http://youtu.be/LfNXvOpXK8Q

• Like 2

This idiots who hide behind religion are to be blamed that Islam has a bad imagine in the world now. Hopefully all this suicide bombers will get shot by gouvernment forces or just get jailed, all around the world.

• Like 1

Sure, it takes more than two people to plan an attack like this (therefore it's a conspiracy), but is this the best forum for this topic? Maybe the 'Europe forum', 'True Crimes'...?