Unexplained Mysteries uses cookies. By using the site you consent to our use of cookies as per our Cookie Policy.
Close X
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
deletedposter

What happened to Elisa Lam?

657 posts in this topic

Future ghost
50 minutes ago, Booth said:

The status of this case is: closed. This is not a "cold case" at all, it's already been solved. It was an accidental drowning.

Thanks for the update. I just hope every hotel locks their water tanks up from now on, just in case, even though it would be an inconvenience.

Monzaria

New on this forum but I see a handful of people from ghoststudy.com here. So, hey y'all!

Read the whole thread from page one. Yes, it took me a while to read but I wanted to see all views before posting. Learned quite a bit in the process and came across a podcast from January of this year. The person doing this podcast works as a crime scene clean up for quite some time. Good listen and point of view from someone who's use to cleaning up cases like this. 

I've read numerous theories from paranormal to government secret weapon (let me know if you haven't heard that one, it's interesting knowing that CIA had to admit using a "heart-attack gun" in the 1970's so a mind scrambler one is just one step from messing with the heart to brain.) to just paying off the LAPD for various reason. This is just looking at what little evidence that one is allowed to see (Freedom of Information Act was used to release more but denied. And there is a wrongful death lawsuit still going on from her family on the Cecil that they are also talking about. So, this is far from over and might end up being a "How to create a Murder" kind of documentary. 

Some cases never leave your subconscious, and this will be one of them. I have a feeling once everything is out in the open (only by Freedom of Information Act for now) no one will be satisfied with the answer. But for now it's macabrely fun as a "who done it" aspect to it. In the end a young woman lost her life too soon. One would only hope she didn't feel pain.

• Like 1

Evej

It's a shame the police didn't follow up with a rape test  and bloods. It may or may not have helped. If we assume that elisa was having hallucinations  due a manic state of not taking all her Meds,  ventured up to the roof via the fire escape, went up the ladder from the small building  on the roof and jumped down onto the top of the water tanks. It seems plausible that she would be able to open lid and slip inside and allow lid to close if only half open. The lid was not massive. What I can't make head nor tale of, is why she would be completely  naked I could imagine trying to get a coat off and shoes, but completely  naked?. Also, in the lift video, she doesn't appear to be holding anything yet some belongings are found floating in the water tank with her body. Phone never found

• Like 2

Vincennes
4 minutes ago, Evej said:

It's a shame the police didn't follow up with a rape test  and bloods. It may or may not have helped. If we assume that elisa was having hallucinations  due a manic state of not taking all her Meds,  ventured up to the roof via the fire escape, went up the ladder from the small building  on the roof and jumped down onto the top of the water tanks. It seems plausible that she would be able to open lid and slip inside and allow lid to close if only half open. The lid was not massive. What I can't make head nor tale of, is why she would be completely  naked I could imagine trying to get a coat off and shoes, but completely  naked?. Also, in the lift video, she doesn't appear to be holding anything yet some belongings are found floating in the water tank with her body. Phone never found

Welcome to UM to both you and Monzaria !

Most interesting to me about the phone, if you go back through the thread there was a press conference re. Eliza that's posted during which a reporter brought up the question that her phone was missing and the police who were handling the conference shut the question down with something like "we are not going to discuss that at this time."  No explanation ever given about why it wasn't to be discussed.  

• Like 2

Anamandy

I think I saw this on the show Disappeared.  She was from Canada and she stayed at a seedy Los Angeles hotel frequented by criminals? She wound up in the water tower on top of the hotel. Is that the same case or is this a different one?

Edited by Anamandy

fearbytrigger
On 20/01/2018 at 6:48 AM, Anamandy said:

I think I saw this on the show Disappeared.  She was from Canada and she stayed at a seedy Los Angeles hotel frequented by criminals? She wound up in the water tower on top of the hotel. Is that the same case or is this a different one?

Yep, that's the one. Pretty much case closed though, it was just a sad accident that happened to a girl struggling through a manic episode.

• Like 1

HollyDolly

I watched  the video. The way she acts at the start is almost like she's  playing hide and go seek or something. Then she goes out and you see  her looking towards someone or something and gesturing. Eventually she  goes out and you don't see anything else. Twice i saw the elevator door open and close, as though someone out of camera range pushed the button of the elevator, but never steps in. Then a little while later you see it happen again open, but no one steps in.Really weird.