Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

You Couldn't Make It Up, Could You?

Ealdwita

I'm no detective, but does anyone find this line a bit... exposing?

"The council need to give me a new home - One with a garden and three bedrooms so my daughter can visit."

Or this nice one?

"I definitely need a garden so I can sit out and it will help my lungs - and three bedrooms so my daughter can come and visit more.

I live in an apartment in the US, yeah, the place can give me the creeps sometimes, I'm imaginative.

I made a garden on a 7' by 5' square. Worked locally to gain enough for the lumber for a raised bed, petitioned the management, worked more for the dirt. I am currently on disability, but I want off of it. When life gives you lemons, say "Cool, I like lemons, what else you got?"

EDIT: Oh, and there is no way in heck I'd give up a free home because of someone dying in it. Free home plus constant company of a dead man? Raise up the cash, prove that ghosts exist and live the easy life. Yes. I admit, I'd milk that cash cow.

Edited by RedSquirrel
  • Like 4

The officials should stop by some evening and when she answers the door yell BOO!!!! :w00t:

Maybe she'd feel the need to move out and find her own place ;)

• Like 1

Squirrel, this has been tried time and time again....Sometimes they've even got away with it, believe it or not, and been allocated alternative housing!

• Like 1

Good grief! I am an old lady. I have worked my life since I was a child and never has anyone given me anything that I did not earn! She is only 40 and sitting on her bum paid for by the state, and demands more and better than they so kindly have laid in her lap for doing nothing!

• Like 5

Squirrel, this has been tried time and time again....Sometimes they've even got away with it, believe it or not, and been allocated alternative housing!

I wanted to throw you a 'like' for this, but I have to refuse as it is too true and disgusting. Not you, the fact.

Perhaps I can try that trick. "Hey government, the money you deposited in my account is dirty. It's affecting my health and I want new money, plus an extra thousand dollars a month because of my health and I want my aunt to visit more often." Do I need to invoke religion?

I guess I'm being a bit of a jerk though, I don't know what it is to be Rom.

I guess my question should be this: Does anyone deserve anything for free? If so, do they deserve the best, or just livable conditions?

I'm all for helping out those who cannot help themselves, but where does it end?

Yeah, I'm on the dole, working to get off of it. I'd rather earn than be handed.

Judging by the amount of lies this person tells,she should definitely be an M.P.

Maybe she has cast a spell on the Council.

• Like 1

As one of the persons who pays for her to do jack while earning more money than many of the tax payers funding her life, I say send in Derek Acorah and let them discuss their bull locks together and stop wasting our money and the councils time.

• Like 4

Every time I read once of these stories I shake my head. I wonder if the guy even died in the house.

Did some digging, I'm unable to find any obituary notices for a Peter Bushby matching the age and location in this story. Not saying it isn't real, but hoping someone else can tell me where my search is going wrong.

Hit http://www.iannounce.co.uk/search?keywords=Peter+Bushby&sub_type=obit&date_limit=&region=23&source=0&_fstatus=search and got back an 81 year old and an 86 year old.

In the story, Peter Bushby is stated to be deceased in October, aged 64 located in Kent village of Stone, near Dartford. Can anyone find his obit?

• Like 1

Lazy bum. Force her to work for her "new house" like everyone else does. Can this be changed?

• Like 1

The system would work amazingly well if not for people who take unfair advantage of it.

The penalty for abusing public assistance programs should be severe.

• Like 1

The system would work amazingly well if not for people who take unfair advantage of it.

The penalty for abusing public assistance programs should be severe.

Oh, I agree. There's no room for abusers.

I call these types of people the "have nots" and I make a point to stay as far away from them as possible

Lazy bum. Force her to work for her "new house" like everyone else does. Can this be changed?

Lazy bum is putting it a bit too nicely, I reckon. :P

• Like 1

She is very clear about her Gypsy tradition and that they cannot stay in a home after someone dies. In fact, she points out that in their tradition if someone dies they burn the caravan.

Therefore - if she or her son (heaven forbid) die in this house, will they burn it down?

If this is how their tradition works, then I think the council is very insensitive not to provide her with a caravan to live in, just saying ..... :P

Edited by libstaK

"It is forbidden for us to enter somewhere where someone has died, it is not good for us."

Given the number of people who have died in this country, and the population density, there is a good chance that anywhere she goes occupies a space where a person has died.

I recommend the country takes this into account, considers her religious beliefs, and informs her there is no place in the country she can live. Then offer her a free one-way ticket to another country.

• Like 1