Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

GOD vs ET

Tw1sted Consciousness

I came across some evidences and research testimonies about extra terrestrial life. Intelligent extra terrestrial life. How intelligent? If you think we are intelligent, then a comparatively higher level of intelligence is what I'm referring to.

Besides, in such an expansive universe it'd be stupid and also wrong by simple probability to believe that we are alone.

I, personally, haven't experienced anything like this. A sighting, an abduction or whatever But neither have I experienced anything else that is extra ordinary, like a miracle or something.

Now if ETs exist and GOD made the universe, then do they worship the same god?

Why aren't they mentioned in any of the religious scriptures?

Does this mean that our gods are limited just to earth? to humans?

Would they have a different god or would they perceive the same god as different, just as every religion on earth does?

Would they even have a God?

No offense to any of the sided. Treat this as honest curiosity.

If they are more intelligent and a lot more advanced than us, then they may already know all and don't need a religion?? Lets face it, a brave few will admit they seek answers to life through their holy text...... I don't know about ETs though...If I ever meet one, I'll be sure not to ask ...I'll be too busy running away lol :P

About them not mentioned in religious text, some may beg to differ.. If you read carefully on some bible text you may see more than what others see;.. .It depends how one interprets the scriptures..Reading between the lines...

Edited by Beckys_Mom

I can't think of any reason alien life would have any god humans have. Then again I view gods as human creations.

Edited by Rlyeh
  • Like 4

I doubt the ETs have more answers than we have of the deep questions, but not knowing doesn't create a need for religion -- more it creates an excuse.

My beliefs are somewhat complicated and almost seem contradictory. However, I cannot cite where in the Bible it says it but there is a quote about different flock? I dunno. Anyway, I believe in God. However, I think that the concept of God was created in ancient days to explain the natural law and natural forces surrounding ancient humans. With that being said, I still believe in a God. I believe in a God that created the universe. I believe in a God that created the big bang. Last, I believe he created natural law similar to the way we created law.

WIth that being said, assuming Christanity is the truth, what if, let's say, in a thousand years, an alien decends his or her spaceship and asks us humans about whether we had a Jesus come to our planet as well. It is fascinating to think about.

I am curious first about what the Bible says about alien life and second, I am curious as to what they have to say on the subject of what we call religion.

Another fascinating question to ponder: What will happen to religion once alien life is discovered? Will that throw our way of thinking about God into serious question? Reinforce it?

Edited by Thelaw1

I really don't think the creator of the Universe (if that b****** ever existed) really intervened to the creation of mankind.

Maybe aliens are not showing up because they do not want to deal with religiously fanatical insurgents from every part of the Earth.

And I really hope whoever created the human species as we know it suffered some horrific death after merciless, sadistic torture by Galactic Police.

• Like 1

Hypothetically speaking, if there is alien life with roughly similar to our own then it is quite likely they would have some sort of belief system in place. Their own deities would probably be anthropomorphically closer to themselves, much as how gods and deities from our history usually have human-like traits.

• Like 1

Book of Enoch:

The words of the blessing of Enoch, wherewith he blessed the elect and righteous, who will be living in the day of tribulation, when all the wicked and godless are to be removed.

And it came to pass when the children of men had multiplied that in those days were born unto them beautiful and comely daughters. And the angels, the children of the heaven, saw and lusted after them, and said to one another: 'Come, let us choose us wives from among the children of men and beget us children.

And all the others together with them took unto themselves wives, and each chose for himself one, and they began to go in unto them and to defile themselves with them, and they taught them charms and enchantments, and the cutting of roots, and made them acquainted with plants. And they became pregnant, and they bare great giants, whose height was three thousand ells: Who consumed all the acquisitions of men. And when men could no longer sustain them, the giants turned against them and devoured mankind. And they began to sin against birds, and beasts, and reptiles, and fish, and to devour one another's flesh, and drink the blood. Then the earth laid accusation against the lawless ones.

The book of the words of righteousness, and of the reprimand of the eternal Watchers in accordance with the command of the Holy Great One in that vision. I saw in my sleep what I will now say with a tongue of flesh and with the breath of my mouth: which the Great One has given to men to converse therewith and understand with the heart. As He has created and given to man the power of understanding the word of wisdom, so hath He created me also and given me the power of reprimanding the Watchers, the children of heaven.

Maybe these Watchers mentioned in the Book of Enoch are the real aliens....who knows.

in the old testament apparently the word elohim appears 2500 times and means god or gods it can be plural or singular but when we read in genesis the come let us make man in our image and after our likeness , sounds like more than one god or elohim like a group of dieties = G.O.D maybe ? there are two gods actually in christian faith if im not mistaken yahweh and jesus so its not really just one god isit and if you look at this link ill give it also explains to you what elohim means and how elohim was replaced for god in the new testament , many people think this is about the annunaki that zach sitchen wrote about the gods of Mesopotamia the sons of anu and the elohim were the sons of el in cannanite mytholgy around the same sort of time period and is the sons of god or the watchers grigori ect . check out this link ....... http://www.gci.org/God/Elohim2 and this one ..... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_%28deity%29#Hebrew_Bible

I believe Aliens are keeping their distance from us, as a form of "Prime Directive" kinda like from Star Trek.They are letting us work out our superstitions, and other divisions in our social structure.

A great Man of many had vision of the future better than any bullocks prophet under hallucinegens could never make up.The future World this Man speaks of gets under cultivated, or miss treated by most from what I see.Look outside the Culture Box People.

[media=]

[/media]

Edited by davros of skaro

found this http://en.wikipedia..../I_Am_that_I_Am - its about yahweh and the i am that i am response he gave to moses when asked his name god that is ... also it says in this article ehyeh which is very close to ea who was enki from Mesopotamia / Sumerian mythology who was a creator of man in this article http://en.wikipedia....rg/wiki/Enki . i think the sumerian gods are the elohim sons of the gods or god in the bible and created mankind in there image and after there likeness to me meaning we were already here they just made us like them after there likeness and they came from the heavens in fiery chariots and gave knowledge to mankind and such to me sounds abit extraterrestrial so i think this god or et could be one in the same thing and is a group of so called gods that came from somewhere else in space if our own solar system stil an et in my opinion just they looked like how we look now , im no expert in evolution but doesnt it take million of years like 1 or 2 for each hominid species to evolve like from homo habbilis to homo erectus then homo sapien 200,000 years ago in stead of a few million like the last three homo's like 3 million or so years ago it was Australopithecus then 2million or so years ago homo habiliss then 1 or so million years ago homo erectus then 200,000 years ago homo sapien , im no expert and if im incorrect here please let me no just not in a smug way i got this from a doc i watched on evolution but that seems like a bit of an increase in time between each species a few million to like a few hundred thousand years i dont no like i said not an expert actually im more like asking if this is right not saying itis just its what i got from this documentary .

Edited by 3gben3g

I can see why God can be said to have made the earth -- for us -- buy why Mars and Venus?

When the Spanish arrived in the New World I wouldn't say they worshiped the same God(s) as the Mayans, so how would beings who evolved in completely different environment of another planet have the same belief system as humans. We will be lucky to even be able to talk to them much less go to church with them. We can't even communicate with the sentient beings we share this planet with much less something from another planet.

http://videos.howstu...ation-video.htm

Edited by GreenmansGod
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...

Brilliant replies,some! I think I have my curiosity pushed even further now! :P