Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How Do You "See"

soulseeker

For those on here who claim psychic skills. What are your gifts and how do you receive your information.?

ME: Psychometric... I can read objects/locations : when I am in a place or holding an object I will either hear or receive images visually of another time associated with the object or place. This information is either receiver through hearing conversations to seeing(not so much with my eyes but my mind/like a daydream). I can also predict the weather in my region (3 yearsx4 seasons w/ 100% accuracy).

I have practiced psychic readings on here with pretty good results but the images feelings and sounds I receive come so jumbled and fast that it quickly becomes exhausting.

Empathy : I don't like this gift...my entire mood can be affected simply because the mood of some one or someplace. This hits me in the middle of my stomach (pit of the stomach) If I look into your eyes Its like I know you somehow I know what sports someone might like or if their parents are living etc. because of this I do NOT like to look people in the eye it sometimes works badly as it makes me seem shifty but it save me a lot of confusion and unwanted emotion.

To my skeptic friends I ask one favor ...if you want to post a different opinion I welcome it. If you act like an a** I will inform you thusly. I am a kind person who does my best to respect the beliefs of others and hope that in response to this topic you can do the same. :yes:

Ahhhh if I only knew ~ this much though I do know ... it is when I know or think that I know how or when is when I am most certainly wrong ....

~

• Like 2

I am not psychic. I just want to point that out first

having said that there are many many instances where I know things

I just know them. I don't know how I know them or by what process I come to knowing them, it's like information that I just know the way I know my name when asked.

I have always been this way.

• Like 4

I don't call it a gift or ability, because I believe we all have this '' knowing '' within us. Just some of us have been listening more then others. With listening comes the use of it. We use it for everyday life around us, weather it's to help others or yourself.

Using the senses we was born with, and one more sense, connection to our minds.

Best way I can explain. Just '' knowing ''!

• Like 3

Maybe precognition. I randomly get flashes or pictures in my mind that either take seconds or hours to come true. Or sometimes 'daydreams' but I see the exact thing later on, so maybe they aren't just daydreams?

I also have an overall feeling of 'knowing'. I believe it is called Clairsentience. It's kind of hard for me to describe, but it's like telling the future with an overall feeling in the body. But it's not exactly 'telling', it's like feeling the future, or what's gunna happen.

There are a few others, but I'm unsure of them, so I don't really want to share them.

• Like 1

Spend alot of time meditating.. This will open your eye Laying down trying to visualise spirits change your energy positive, start of by using your hands try and feel the energy bring it up from your core.. Keep its still and create your own positive energy you should be able to feel it between your hands.. When your gd put your energy in your head all positive energy helps.. Don't take drugs and don't drink alcohol to often..and you may get there..

Start of picturing yourself so that the spirit knows it you if you connect you will get images back

I just know them. I don't know how I know them or by what process I come to knowing them, it's like information that I just know the way I know my name when asked.

what kind of things do you know.. I knew that the sun burnt at the same heat as the earths core but its only just been found out

• 2 weeks later...

My "knowings" come to me as thoughts or visions..sometimes just emotions. Depending on who im reading and what im trying to find out.

-sweet dove

• Like 1

i sometimes predict things and i get strong feelings i know something bad will happen i just don't know what it will be i also smell things as odd as that sounds and im very sensitive to peoples moods sorry i cant explain better im new to all this

• Like 1

what kind of things do you know.. I knew that the sun burnt at the same heat as the earths core but its only just been found out

not stuff like that

i know things about people and situations that i have no prior information on.

• Like 1

I get flooded with a lot of feelings and thoughts which I then have to sort out what they mean. Hypothetical events which seem to play out [these didn't even exist a day before in most cases] most of which I am unfamiliar with and seem to have no direct outside source, like remote viewing. Usually this happens when I am alone, but it can also play out when I am with others. This isn't in my own head, anybody in the same room with me can tell what the etherial message is without my telling or making suggestive remarks. There have been no visible and photographable manifestations; but the etherial dialog are detailed and distinct. They speak not only to me but also to anybody else around me too right out of thin air. No draperies or hidden fraudulence.

At first I wasn't aware they could see that too, then people started asking me about these things going on around me which I never even mentioned because I was a bit afraid they would think I was just getting freaky and distracted, looking at thin air like there was something going on there. They just somehow knew some of what the etherial activity was in detail and wanted clarification about what had happened, it just got so intense they wanted to know what is going on. It finally comes right down to 'truth or dare' and trying to get me to open up and talk about that. I have been so flooded by this etherial input for years now it has been difficult for me to sort the etherial information out and set it apart from what goes on in manifested physical actuality. It all blends together somehow, not that it has been a problem, a bit perplexing though to observers who assume that I have a great deal of contact with other people whom I must talk a great deal with. But not so, my door rarely opens for anybody. I don't make telephone calls, I just say it is the etherial information that I gather. Other people who know me are not in on this, they don't know how I get these etherial visitations or why... but they have seen it too, happening and centering around me.

I know people can become critical of such stories without evidence, but I will just say there is none except people who have nothing to gain [who I have only vaguely met and also they don't know much about me] saying what they have experienced with etherial visitation going on around me. I have to keep to myself a lot because people don't want their home to be haunted after my presence there, and I can't say that I blame them. No telekinetic activity thank you, or the property manager will not like that. I have tried a simple test to see if EVP would come through from the etherial level with my stereo FM tape deck, no.... they could care less.

Edited by spacelizard667
  • Like 1

I work with guides & helpers, sometimes they give me information, sometimes I'll get a visual in my mind, like a photo or short video, sometimes I get information from a person by entraining with their energy, it comes in all sorts of ways. psychometrics, remote viewing, intuition, thoughts just popping into my head out of no where. It's taken me years to sort it all out, organize it, and manage it. What I find most intriguing is when I'm taking someone through an energy exercise, having them take in energy thoughout their body and chakras, I can feel in my body exactly where the energy is in their body. Has anyone else had this experience? A couple of times I've actually heard a loud snap or click when someone really "got" what I was saying. I have no explanations for any of this, except that I think it's genetic, because my kids & grandkids, nieces & nephews, seem to have some of the same abilities.

• Like 2

I've always been a little bit that way too. My Mom was downright spooky that way. She used to say the same thing lol "i just know" and she did!

I'm not psychic either.. i guess... but i've always seemed to be super intuitive. It manifests in silly ways sometimes.. like if i'm watching a movie i can very often predict what someone is going to say next .... weird stuff like that.

* songs and music too... i can often predict where a melody will go next ... or when a musical phrase will end ... it's like a mathematical logic that i can predict.

Edited by lightly
  • Like 2

I've always been a little bit that way too. My Mom was downright spooky that way. She used to say the same thing lol "i just know" and she did!

I'm not psychic either.. i guess... but i've always seemed to be super intuitive. It manifests in silly ways sometimes.. like if i'm watching a movie i can very often predict what someone is going to say next .... weird stuff like that.

* songs and music too... i can often predict where a melody will go next ... or when a musical phrase will end ... it's like a mathematical logic that i can predict.

i often know what someone is going to say next in a conversation, and that also goes for movies too. it's hard for me to watch a movie because i know the plot immediately most times. it's funny what you say about music, because i find i can do that too lol

i know the trivial things like who is calling when the phone rings, i know when someone is going to visit me, i know when i'm going to get a text message before it happens, i know i have mail in my box before i go down to look etc

but it's more than that. i read photographs and faces, i'm a whiz at body language and i often can tell how someone is feeling without them giving any indication. i find it hard to stand in a crowd or a line because i feel all that residual stuff all at once. at one point this made me a recluse of sorts. i barely ever left the house because it was overwhelming.

Edited by JGirl
  • Like 3

You seem to "know" more stuff than i do .. but we have a Lot of similar experiences! I too went thru a time where i mostly stayed away from people .. and felt sort of panicky in public . (doesn't really bother me much anymore .. but people still exhaust me! lol )

I'll bet you've had your share of deja vu experiences too..( i don't get those as much as when i was younger ) Time seems a little leaky to me sometimes.. you too i bet ;

• Like 2

You seem to "know" more stuff than i do .. but we have a Lot of similar experiences! I too went thru a time where i mostly stayed away from people .. and felt sort of panicky in public . (doesn't really bother me much anymore .. but people still exhaust me! lol )

I'll bet you've had your share of deja vu experiences too..( i don't get those as much as when i was younger ) Time seems a little leaky to me sometimes.. you too i bet ;

actually i don't get a lot of deja vu feelings. to me, those are more of a 'i don't have control over this feeling' type feeling. what i feel, or when i know something, it feels quite natural. actually i don't even really register it anymore, other than that it can be annoying and frustrating when someone is a slow talker. i have to force myself not to finish their sentences. Edited by JGirl
  • Like 2

I've been empathic since childhood which later (through use) developed into a sense of knowing. I just know what someone feels and why. Throughout my childhood I've had precognitive dreams which have come true. Anything I remote view tends to be correct, though not always perfect. Spirits often appeared as mental images, sometimes visuals ones. Yeah, I'm a whole bag of crazy.

• Like 1

I'm clairsentient. I receive emotions, feelings, in some cases pain, phrases. If I lay my hands on a headstone, I can get a sense of what that person died from. If I'm in a closed space (like an elevator) I pick up others feelings/thoughts. Crowds, as long as they are big enough, are great because it's too noisy to pick up distinct emotes. I have tried to learn how to shield myself, sometimes I'm successful, other times I'm not.

I don't necessarily like this gift. It's taken me almost 5 years to get used to it, and it's still unsettling.

I have picked up tarot cards at the urging of my father, and that helps to focus the energy so that I'm not constantly flooded.

There is also an element of empathic tendencies with me.....that's really hard, especially working in health care. They way people feel when they know they are going to die is beyond words.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I believe that i am a Clairaudience. If everyone is quiet and there is no noise around me i can hear disembodied voices. Usually around 1 am in the morning. Its brief and usually muffled. I also have the ability to see auras. Most people usually give off blue or yellow. I can see the aura fields around people,objects, and animals. I started seeing them when i was in High School I noticed that when people work out i can see them better. The colors i have seen are blue,yellow,green,orange,white,red, and orange. I have never seen Black.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe that i am a Clairaudience. If everyone is quiet and there is no noise around me i can hear disembodied voices. Usually around 1 am in the morning. Its brief and usually muffled. I also have the ability to see auras. Most people usually give off blue or yellow. I can see the aura fields around people,objects, and animals. I started seeing them when i was in High School I noticed that when people work out i can see them better. The colors i have seen are blue,yellow,green,orange,white,red, and orange. I have never seen black.

Haha! This interests me because the two instances that I have experienced were both black! One was a person who was very, very bitter and disappointed with how his life had gone and was also very scathing about the way others had led their life. He carried a lot of anger around with him and was a misogynist too. The other person had just been dumped by his girlfriend of many years that he lived with. He was absolutely beside himself with misery.

When I looked at these people I couldn't see any detail .... they were just human-shaped black 'clouds'.

I am empathic, and Clairsentient. I can hear and feel the beings around me both devil and angels. I can partly see the beings around me when I close my eyes.

I've even been in the presence of Jesus and have seen his robes, i've heard both the devils and the angels say "It's the Christ, kneel or (bow)"

I'm on spritual journey right now, mine is to meditate and get my body clean, I won't stop suffering until I have reached enlightenment. I know things about the soul that are true that others are just barely grasping.

I've been to hell, purgetory, I've been to space in spaceships (astrally speaking). I can tell you about things that Jesus said that made little sense to us, because of my journey.

I listen to nature, flowing water, wind and rain, I look for shapes in clouds... I also do whatever snakes tell me.

Edited by spacelizard667

When I "see" I see in my minds eye. I get pictures or words. Lately I've been seeing "videos" and feeling as if I'm there in the moment, knowing what another person is thinking or going through or even their feeling of an event. As a young girl I thought spirits were human like me and would get extremely annoyed when no one saw them. Sometimes I get annoyed when people aren't psychic lol. I could communicate on some level (in dreams its more clear) (while doing a reading I have to really focus), I feel, know, and at times smell spirits or ghost around. I've had premonitions, precognitions, de ja vu-years or days before where I can alter the outcome into a positive one, warning dreams, seen auras a few times, seen angels-mostly in churches or near me, seen and heard a demon, I've had an apparition of the virgin Mary in 2007 and seen Jesus twice in a dream (once as a kid & once as an adult). I've been told I'm very powerful but need to learn how to protect myself. Shielding does help. I just wish I could hear...., while meditating a couple of months ago I actually heard two people debating on my welfare of actually hearing spirits, creepy at first, but also nice to know I have the other side there for me :)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Ive had experiences with all kinds of things.

My worst psychic sense is my clairvoyance (something others Ive found usually develop quite well with some training but that hasnt been the case for me) which I rarely get thou I can see the first auric layer (etheric) around people if I try and often when Im not trying.. if I try hard I can see another layer (but not usually with any colours).

Higher clairvoyance I dont have very often. (I once did see a couple of auras in all their colours and have also once saw a chakra in depth like a mandalla). At times I have seen other beings (thou not often, I do not see them all over the place). I have accurately remote viewed something before blindly (using a cooridinate for the target without knowing at the time what it was) and saw the target like I was there with clear sight. But overall... my clairvoyance sucks.

When I pick something up its mostly by a direct knowing about something or by empathy eg feeling what my friends feel eg if my boyfriend is feeling dizzy, I know it as I can feel it myself . My strongest gift which is fully developed is my tactile psychic sense, I can use it at will any time and its usually always switched on.

My clairaudience thou not common for me is a stronger skill for me then my clairvoyance. When I was trying to do psychic readings.. on occassions I heard things, just single word messages in which I then had to work out what it meant, along with getting feelings right throu my body to give me info of the person Im trying to read (eg I may feel like Im being pushed forward etc).. confusing mix of pyschic stuff to work out cause I couldnt just "see" while trying to give a psychic reading. (I have thou quite accurately picked up things at times.. I once was trying to do a reading for this person who it turned out their child had died, I "knew" all about this child, the child was there with them (not seen but direct knowing of it. ..turned out it was the anniversary of the childs they lost death). Basically Im a flop thou when it comes to psychic reading without aids and usually struggle to pick up anything I can make sense of at all (Ive done far better with tarot cards and astounded myself with some of my readings there). I find it frustrating just doing direct psychic readings by just linking into the persons energy (I had a good teacher for years too.. I was the class dunce lol, a class member even went on and won some psychic competition in Australia).

Ive had a couple of full on mediumship experiences, used to do astral projection (never became great at it but was experiencing it a couple of times per week), had many other really really weird spontanous experiences here and there with things not often talked about in psychic circles (more along the lines of yogi skills stuff). Along with the more common talked about things eg Ive experienced telepathy etc etc.

I can do psychic healing.. I can easily "feel" auras and chakras..using my hands. I can feel the size of the layers/chakras, I can feel the quality of the energy in them eg dirty-gritty/prickly etc

Edited by sea-dove
  • Like 1

Well I cant put a name to anything I do except to say I walk in both worlds....I can do most of what's described here in my own way but because they have no real significance to my life per say I ignore them for the one I really like, direct communication with my 'mates' and 'enemies' as a 'daydream' kind of thing.

The one area where they don't communicate is when I occasionally indulge in 'moving things' around inadvertently then try to do it consciously...its only after I work it out that I get interaction again.

I don't really accept the descriptive terms like 'tele this and that' because they are too limiting in their contextual scope, too descriptive to the point of being 'wrong' though in the scope of the culture that gave birth to the words, accurate in respect of the limitation of the description.

"Seeing' is a hard one to describe in this language as it is comprised of 'daydreaming' superimposed on reactive imagining and interspersed with the desire to understand the 'seeing' in context of the experience hitting me at the time with the need to retain it all as an active memory in real world terms due to my 'keeping it all at arms length' position as I believe that 'now' is not the time to indulge with these sorts of fantasies...it should be for old age when nothing else is left to interfere with the whole game.

I can go on but I hope that answers and helps where it can...

Cheers...