Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Glaring flaw in the `rendlesham forest` ufo

outoftheworld

Let's just say there is no evidence whatsoever...

I do not think we need to go that far, I think anyone being fair to the subject can see that circumstantial evidence exists, just not any physical proof.

i can trust that the individuals involved experienced something, and they are attempting to relay the experience to us.

Agreed.

Instead of throwing crap on their interpretation of events, why not listen and consider?

Because this is where things go off the rails.

Listening is what discounts these claims, that is why I take sightings like D's so seriously. He is not telling me aliens are here to invade us and that he knows about 57 species hovering in orbit from fake moon cities about to pounce after doing deals with the US Government, no he says, I saw something that I cannot identify and that which does not correspond to any known technology that as a pilot he is aware of.

That's what I am looking for. If ET is here, the devil will be in the details, not an interpretation. Testimony is proven to be heavily flawed, The Griffith Uni Innocence Project can and does prove this. Innocent people have gone to death row based on faulty testimony, proven by DNA evidence.

It is painfully obvious that to the woo crowd, UFOlogy is just a saleable item. Nothing to take serious, but a challenge, make it believable enough with the right amount of ambiguity to thwart any attempt to uncover the lie. That is why you see people like me in places like this, the Friedmans, the Lazars, the Keans, The Adamski's, the Stitchens all are just a mockery of UFOlogy and use their abilities to fleece people, whereas people like the Hawkings, The Sagans, The Drakes, The Fermi's, all are more than serious about the exploration of space, and that tantalizing carrot of first contact.

Reading reams on quantum physics to understand black holes, the mediums of space, and grasping the sheer size of it takes time and effort, which does not fit into an action packed TV episode or movie. Considering this, is it honestly any wonder at all as to why the entertainment side of UFOlogy is far more prolific than the academic side? The academic side is being realist and saying "You are going to have to wait for this" whereas entertainment says "We can bring it to you right now on a big screen in full colour, surround sound, and plenty of action".

We all know that Hollywood inspires people and sightings increase as a result.

One alien I remember was touted as a Goblin on Cryptozoology sites. It's in interpretation by te individual, and that is influenced by culture, upbringing, many factors.

Certainly there are many other reports from highly credible individuals that concur with these reported observations.

Yes, I do not deny that, it is just that 99.9999% of the ones on woo sites are there for entertainment, not what you and I seek, which be that elusive exhibit A. One of my own personal mainstream favourites is Portage County, for the life of me, and every critical thinking skill I can muster, I cannot come up with an answer that I can convince myself with. Yes, there mi8gt be something to this, or there might not too. You know how we get RADAR tracks on UFO's? Good evidence right? But consider that not one RADAR track ever recorded has ever shown a craft entering, or leaving the atmosphere. It seems whatever it is we are picking it, it comes from here, and stays here, it does not go into space.

However, most of these very interesting cases have been heavily tainted with the stink of woo, and it is very hard to tell what is accurate. It can be done, but thanks to UFOlogy muddying the waters, it takes some serious elbow grease. If there is anything lurking at the bottom that is genuine proof, I have not found it in the decades I have been watching the subject, but I remain optimistic when I hear things like what D has to say. I have seen UFO's myself, but what I have seen is undoubtedly natural phenomena, what D has seen sounds like it most likely is not. I would love to have an experience like that, who knows, all one can do is keep looking up.

There is a good side to UFOlogy, but it does not get much attention unfortunately.

• Like 2

Dont rock the Boat here. Just my interpitation ! :tu:

I think we all can spill our guts here as long as we're professional about it. We all don't know each other personally

and don't have to hold back our thoughts like a lot would do with their piers in the real world. I do realize there is no

proof to the claims people make about this phenomena but it's been going on for decades and for those to accuse

those of hoaxing it for fame, money or other reasons is also speculation on their part. This phenomena is worthy of

investigation and shouldn't be shot down just because it's out of our realm of thinking.

It's interesting that you had a sighting. That relates to a post I made here. Post # 221.

If you told your piers about it, How was it received?

• Like 1

Obviously D can't speak for himself. My take on D is that he plays both sides of the debate. In all UFO forums.

D sure can, you just have to listen.

No, you have him wrong I assure you, understandable, we are talking across Oceans, I have had a misunderstanding or two when I first met D, but like to think of him as a good friend, and one day, we will finally shake hands on that.

He makes no bones that he believes in ET visitation, and considering his experience, it seems rather warranted.

And uses humor to tread lightly.

Something most if us greatly appreciate. Don't you too think things get a bit heated in here from time to time?

Nothing better than a good laugh to help the day along. And D has a terrific sense of humour. Nothing I like more than being caught off guard with a real cracker of a joke or witty one liner.

I can respect one's opinion but when they go jumping back and forth then I don't respect that.

He does not, he never says Yes, there is no evidence, he says he is evidence. He makes no bones that whilst he appreciates the logic in a skeptical argument, he feels it is missing something.

He seems to me to be a rather wise man with an individual way of expressing himself, this is where believer meets skeptic, and it is a good thing.

I am sure of you do a search on his posts, you will see he makes no bones about the fact he feels ET could well be here. I respect that, and I believe every bit he has to say about his sighting 100%.

Sorry, you are just wrong there, D is not on both sides, he can just converse with both equally well, a skill in my humble opinion.

As for Philip Klass having an asteroid named after him. Lets hope that's the one that doesn't get knock out of it's orbit and

heads for earth. The whole planet would get debunked.

That was why I Liked you post, now that was indeed funny!! Made me chuckle!

Humour comes in all forms, I am sure with some exposure you could appreciate D's sense of humour. Don't let familiarity with a skeptic fool you into thinking it means we subscribe to the same trains of thought, it is in fact the diversity that I appreciate. I do not come here to nod and agree with skeptics, I come here to challenge my own views. It is just that sadly, few offer a challenge. Some do, do not get me wrong, but largely, it's a poor effort such as we see on a regular basis from the resident recalcitrant.

• Like 1

After Philip Klass was spouting off about Travis Walton's experience. Travis Walton accused Klass of being

a Government Disinformation Stooge. Paid in SHILLings. :whistle:

LOL, that is the mark of a poor loser. Could not prove Klass wrong, so make a big noise.

Ho hum.

Stan Friedman called Kevin Randle A Government Disinformation agent when he lost an argument with him too. Kevin Randle!! LOL.

Not only that, but yes, from time to time, Phil made the odd mistake, which these vultures viewed with glee, he was only human, and I have no problem admitting that, thing is the only real argument UFOlogists have against Phil is that he demystified many, many, many cases, and exposed many frauds. Just like the AA people you see in here that keep repeating the same dumb answered questions time and again, they refuse to accept no mystery remains, and get rather upset at the fact the mystery has been dissolved.

What cannot be denied is that he was a very intelligent man with wide ranging experience and more so than any UFOlogist that claims to be an expert in this field. Young (and old for that matter) dumb enthusiasts labelling themselves UFOlogists that have no skill or ability to challenge his answers take the recourse of insult instead of honorably accepting the better answer.

LINK - Skeptical Information on the Travis Walton "UFO Abduction" Story

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

If you've noticed in interviews, Col. Halt says he believes the craft was under intelligent control.

He said nothing about ET's.

Penniston said they were future humans that can only travel backwards in time remember?

LINK

• Like 1

I think we all can spill our guts here as long as we're professional about it. We all don't know each other personally

and don't have to hold back our thoughts like a lot would do with their piers in the real world. I do realize there is no

proof to the claims people make about this phenomena but it's been going on for decades and for those to accuse

those of hoaxing it for fame, money or other reasons is also speculation on their part. This phenomena is worthy of

investigation and shouldn't be shot down just because it's out of our realm of thinking.

It's interesting that you had a sighting. That relates to a post I made here. Post # 221.

If you told your piers about it, How was it received?

Answers better than ET exist. In many cases, ET is not warranted as a candidate.

ET is just a modern version of the Greek Gods. When man finds something he cannot readily explain, often he simply ascribes his observation to a higher power such as God, or Gods. The Raelian Cult has even re-written the Bible calling religious figures ET. It's a bit pathetic really. A lot actually.

• Like 1

And the B.B.Q too wit All the Sauce one can Hold ! Thats the Real trick ! Cheer`s mate Thanks for the support,and understanding !

Cliff note: THe Day of my sighting lives with me every signal day like it was only ten min`s ago. Something so life changing is a self internal thing. I really have no need for anyone to believe me at all. IT truley is like a cosmic choice that day ,It was for me ! When I got back to Addison Airport I ask my Flight School owner what He would do or say. Exact reply"Not a word" just the steeley look into my eyes and a nod ,To let me know it was all my choice to move past this.

So in a nod I took it like Mum`s the word,Dont rock the Boat here. Just my interpitation ! :tu:

Thank you my friend for the opportunity to hear your amazing experience, and for your many kind words, emails and long distance friendship over the years since meeting you here. I am surely richer for my experiences.

Funny how people do not like to talk about sightings, I remember way back when I was nearing the end of my apprenticeship I was walking to a carpool pick up point with a tradesman who lived near me that I used to have to damn near break his door down to wake up for the lift. I saw a slow "falling" very large fireball, it was about the size of a full moon, bright orange, and I watched it for a good five or more minutes, it was very slow moving, which is why it took my attention.

When I got to work I asked others if they had seen it, none had, and some asked or a description, which I gave, and when I turned to the tradesman I had been walking with he looked at me funny and denied seeing anything at all, yet I had pointed it out to him and discussed it with him. I have no idea why he flatly denied the event to this day, but he sure wanted no part of any story about a light in the sky. Not like he would be ridiculed or lose anything either, not even any paperwork to do, just a nod. I always found his reaction very weird.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

Penniston said they were future humans that can only travel backwards in time remember?

LINK

I didn't realize Penniston and Halt are the same people. :unsure2:

D sure can, you just have to listen.

Are you his mama? Talk to me D. :tu:

I didn't realize Penniston and Halt are the same people. :unsure2:

Sorry, bit slow there aren't you.

Because they are future humans, then Penniston says nothing about ET either does he?

I am his friend, and proud to say so. Is that concept foreign to you?

Not only that, but you addressed me concerning D in post #251, when I respond, you tell me to let D respond? Just what the hell do you want? Do you even know?

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

Shoot Hawkin ~ :gun: ITs All in the way one interprets the Big pitcher Hawkin`s any relations to Stephen? I thought not ! anywho, On the Glaring Flaw in the Rendelsham Brentwood,what ever its called these days !

I see lots of loose ends,And On top of that Theres never any proof, Of any kind in our Great UFO sightings ! Like mine I have only me to prove other wise ! And true too Im quite a wise _ _ _ !

my buddy psyche101 is way too kind to my defence ,although much appreciative We will be Chowing down on Four Inch Thick T-ee Bone Steaks in a short,Short !

As for all the Defending the Left& RIght, ITs only a way I see it THeres no bottom line no absolute,no Real End of TImes,Answer to the Universe and everything, although 42 comes close! THanks to Douglas Adams I have learned to Keep an open mind,but never too much G`s and angle of bank during these open minded moments. DUe to earths physics ones grey matter just may sloush out a bit !

So Welcome to the U/M world of Greatness ! :tu:

• Like 2

Shoot Hawkin ~ :gun: ITs All in the way one interprets the Big pitcher Hawkin`s any relations to Stephen? I thought not ! anywho, On the Glaring Flaw in the Rendelsham Brentwood,what ever its called these days !

I see lots of loose ends,And On top of that Theres never any proof, Of any kind in our Great UFO sightings ! Like mine I have only me to prove other wise ! And true too Im quite a wise _ _ _ !

my buddy psyche101 is way too kind to my defence ,although much appreciative We will be Chowing down on Four Inch Thick T-ee Bone Steaks in a short,Short !

As for all the Defending the Left& RIght, ITs only a way I see it THeres no bottom line no absolute,no Real End of TImes,Answer to the Universe and everything, although 42 comes close! THanks to Douglas Adams I have learned to Keep an open mind,but never too much G`s and angle of bank during these open minded moments. DUe to earths physics ones grey matter just may sloush out a bit !

I would be very interested to hear your sighting. PM me about it sometime. Like I've said before, I realize there's no evidence of ET doing all this.

It's just that when one hears all the testimony over the decades about this phenomena and each incident has similarity to it. It makes one wonder.

Yes we should all should not jump to conclusions either way saying it's Spock or Worf. But at the same time not burn those at the stake for their testimony.

I do believe a lot of these people are experiencing something. Take Care TEX. :)

• Like 2

Don, I'm a bit worried. I understood all of that. :cry:;)

Seriously, I do like the way you think and hold short of the "It's gotta be aliens" runway. As in my sightings, it's still an unknown and I believe shall be until someone comes up with definitive proof otherwise. I doubt that'll happen in my lifetime but I can always hope.

BTW, about angle of bank ... 90 degrees is always nice to avoid a collision since the airplane tends to turn away from whatever and descend due to the abrupt change in which way the lift is working and sudden lack of anything countering gravity. Pull the throttle(s) and enjoy the ride. :yes:

Anyway, Psych's absolutely right in his evaluation ... but then he's rarely wrong. :tu:

• Like 3

Don, I'm a bit worried. I understood all of that. :cry:;)

Kludge, don't be worried - be really, really frightened :P

Then again, I feel the same way.

<snip>

Anyway, Psych's absolutely right in his evaluation ... but then he's rarely wrong. :tu:

Echo that. :tu:

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 2

D's close encounter isn't all that different than mine. The details are different. But we both say a strange object got really close and changed our lives.

• Like 3

Here's a question we all can ask ourselves. If you were on a camping trip by your lonesome in a forested area miles

away from civilization. It's midnight and your sitting by the campfire observing the night sky. Suddenly a light appears

in the sky and decends to an opening about 500 yards from your position and appears to land in the clearing.

After sitting there for a few minutes, the object rises and takes off.

So the question is, do you tell others what you saw or do you keep it to yourself?

You would not know unless you really saw a true UFO up close. I personally never really thought much about them until I had my own close encounter. Then after about a year I started reaserching the subject because I wanted answers. And yes I do tell people Ive seen one up close and don't know for sure what it was.

What I don't understand is people who have never seen one that think it is their mission in life to tell me what I saw!

• Like 2

So ture LS ! So True !

But Like me we all must Keep Looking up ! :tu:

Its just a matter of Time,And Time is a really ,Really Fun place to live in !

• Like 2

What I don't understand is people who have never seen one that think it is their mission in life to tell me what I saw!

It's a hobby for them, nothing more.

• Like 1

You would not know unless you really saw a true UFO up close.

I completely agree with this. My UFO turned out to be a flock of geese but for a minute I (and my friends) had a feeling of shock and disbelief that was completely overwhelming. We were frozen, staring up at the sky wondering if maybe there was something to those abduction stories. Not one of us bothered to grab our binoculars or a small refractor telescope because we were too scared to turn on a flashlight to find them.

If the geese hadn't passed directly over our heads, we never would have figured out what we had been seeing. All of us would still be claiming twenty years later that we had seen a dark solid triangular craft slowly travelling across the sky.

This experience changed my life too. I now understood how easily people can be fooled by what they see and have a need to justify the emotions they feel when encountering the unknown.

• Like 2