Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

World's first multi-sensory fireworks display

Still Waters

A feast of fruity flavours including peach snow, edible banana confetti and orange-scented bubbles are set to descend on revellers at London's New Year's Eve celebrations.

The aim is for an estimated 50,000 revellers, in an area around the size of three football pitches, to be able to taste and smell the party atmosphere when they flock to the banks of the River Thames for the annual fireworks display.

http://www.telegraph...orks-party.html

Pardon me, but aren't all fireworks displays automatically multi-sensory? You see the lights, you hear the big KABOOM, you smell the burnt gunpowder and most of all, you feel the rumble deep inside you.

• Like 3

Pardon me, but aren't all fireworks displays automatically multi-sensory? You see the lights, you hear the big KABOOM, you smell the burnt gunpowder and most of all, you feel the rumble deep inside you.

Except instead of the smell of burnt gunpowder you get -

there are to be clouds of apple, cherry and strawberry mist, peach snow, plus thousands of big bubbles filled with Seville orange-flavoured smoke and 40,000 grams of edible banana confetti

Nah, you need the gunpowder smell. It'd be like going to the movies and not smelling popcorn or going on a train and not smelling stale urine.

It'll have lost something.

• Like 1

I can remember some displays in the 60's where, if you weren't careful, you'd get hot cinders on your upturned face! :w00t: