Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Incy Wincy Spiders Surprise

Still Waters

If there's one thing this video should teach you, it's to be careful what you touch.

The footage shows the creepy moment dozens of spider-like creatures come scurrying out of their nest after being disturbed by the cameraman who mistakes it for what appears to be a clump of hair.

http://www.dailymail...-disturbed.html

• Like 1

Excuse me.. but why would a person touch (or want to touch) a stray wad of hair? Seriously? I find that more horrifying than a spiders nest.

The proper ways to respond to finding a stay wad of hair is to A. poke it with a stick or B. hit it with a rock.

Mabon.

• Like 5

No, I'm not gonna watch that. After my incident with a Huntsman a few weeks ago, I'll end up dreaming of a thousand Huntsman coming out of tuft of hair, probably mine. Dammit it will probably happen anyway cos I thought about it. Not happy. :no:

• Like 4

Dear Still Waters,

Please stop posting spider stories.

Love

Dot xoxo

• Like 4

It's just a Daddy Long Leg's nest. I remember see these nests when I was a kid. They're completely harmless people!

Ditto. :tsu:

I've seen Daddy Long Leg nest's too. Honestly, I've been way more freaked out cracking open other insect nests on accident. And really, the video is pretty funny rather than creepy.

• Like 2

Believe it or not I don't care for spiders either but didn't find that video too bad to watch. I think mainly because the spider's legs are too spindly and I have no fear of Daddy Long Legs and never have. Now if the spiders had been more black and hairy - well that's another matter.

Sorry folks! :D Perhaps I'll make it a new years resolution? "I must not post spider threads".... :innocent:

KILL IT... KILL IT WITH FIRE!

Ok, C. Kill it with fire!

LOL! Mabon.

• Like 1

I find all spiders fascinating. If they are hanging outside on the house, I will feed them bugs to see how big they will grow over the summer. Fascinating!

Hank

• Like 3

I don't have any of the most common phobias that majority of people have (fear of spiders, snakes, death), but I am extremely terrified of house lizards. Have you seen those? Nothing is scarier than they, not even ghosts or demons.

Sorry folks! :D Perhaps I'll make it a new years resolution? "I must not post spider threads".... :innocent:

Would it be pedantic to point out that the daddy long-legs, or harvestman, isn't actually a spider? :geek:

So, you should feel exonerated, SW, because you haven't posted a spider thread! :D

• Like 2

Would it be pedantic to point out that the daddy long-legs, or harvestman, isn't actually a spider? :geek:

So, you should feel exonerated, SW, because you haven't posted a spider thread! :D

Hush you!

• Like 1

For some reason those spiders don't look very real to me.

But it apparently is real, and I can imagine spiders doing that.

It is startling when those daddy longlegs just burst out running. I've seen then bunch together before, but not hundreds of them like this must have been.

• Like 1

Daddy Long Legs are 'sorta' spiders (they are arachnids) but not exactly the same classification as true spiders. One could say they are spider cousins!

• Like 1

Daddy Long Legs are 'sorta' spiders (they are arachnids) but not exactly the same classification as true spiders. One could say they are spider cousins!

Ssshhhhh....

I'm trying to get SW a free pass to start another spider thread! :ph34r:

• Like 1

Ssshhhhh....

I'm trying to get SW a free pass to start another spider thread! :ph34r:

lol! Perhaps I can sneak one in without Dot noticing?... :innocent:

• Like 1