Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do Not Hunt Cryptids!

stevemagegod

So guys i was watching this new show called Monsters and Mysteries in America. Its only aired a couple of episodes and i happened to notice something strange about the first couple of episodes they had no "warning" before each episode aired. However this time they do.

You are about to witness reenactments of real encounters with terrifying mysterious creatures.

Hunting these monsters can result in your death.

DON'T ATTEMPT IT.

I have been a part of this website for 5+ years and have visited it daily. If someone were to die by hunting these Cryptids i am sure this website would of been the first to stumble upon it or post about and i have never heard of anyone dieing from hunting these animals. So why would this show put up a warning like that? Instead of the normal "Viewer Discretion be advised". ?

I dunno, do you really want to be the scuba diver that discovers megalodon?

Good point. But there is still some danger from hunting these animals. But maybe not the animals themselves but the animals that are confirmed and known to exist in the areas reported by the people.

Well I intended to hunt it and kill it then bring it back for proper study.

• Like 1

Sure it can result in my death.

(Eating candy or taking a bath could result in my death too.)

It just won't be from an attack by any imaginary cryptids.

Sure it can result in my death.

(Eating candy or taking a bath could result in my death too.)

It just won't be from an attack by any imaginary cryptids.

Jayz, I'm never gonna eat candy or take a bath ever again

Jayz, I'm never gonna eat candy or take a bath ever again

Haha! Better to do nothing, but even that can kill you...

Well, hunting Bigfoot, Mothman, Chupacabre, and the lizard man will not get you killed.

Now, back when I was in Nahm as a special ops sniper, doing secret service work for the US, I saw things that curled my toes, but none of them like above. The VC's could kill you, if you were not specially trained, and very brave like me.

True Dat! The only thing I can say positively is that at some point we will die. How is irrelevant really. I would like to die doing something I enjoyed doing. Beat heck out dying from old age alone.

I think the point here is that most people sitting watching the show will likely have next to no outdoors and/or hunting experience. The target audience likely isn't seasoned ex Navy seals and Bear Grylls. Thus the disclaimer...

• Like 2

I would never have thought of that point. .almost everyone I know grew up hunting . Sometimes I forget some places in America don't start kids camping at 3 and shooting at 5 ..but your right I suppose . I still say the disclaimer is hollywood b.s.

So guys i was watching this new show called Monsters and Mysteries in America. Its only aired a couple of episodes and i happened to notice something strange about the first couple of episodes they had no "warning" before each episode aired. However this time they do.

I have been a part of this website for 5+ years and have visited it daily. If someone were to die by hunting these Cryptids i am sure this website would of been the first to stumble upon it or post about and i have never heard of anyone dieing from hunting these animals. So why would this show put up a warning like that? Instead of the normal "Viewer Discretion be advised". ?

It's the CMA game. If they have the show, and some knob decides to go traipsing the woods and get's themselves hurt or killed, they can sue the pants off the show and possibly the station... Cept you put in one dramatic sounding blurb at the beginning, and you have CMA.

Some of the comedy shows like Tosh.0 or Jackass have those sorts of disclaimers too, don't do this stuff folks, you could get hurt. Heck, even ads now often have disclaimers on the bottom "done in a closed course by professionals. do not attempt this at home".

Now it could be that the first couple episodes didn't have the CMA because they didn't think they needed it. Maybe something happened in the show itself, or a similar show that the legal department figured a CMA was needed in later episodes. Could be someone on the advertising team thought it was a good drama point to put it in too.

I can't recall ever hearing of a cryptid killing a hunter. But I have to imagine that there have been people hurt or killed by other things while out looking for cryptids. I know there's cases of this in ghost hunting.

• Like 1

I think the point here is that most people sitting watching the show will likely have next to no outdoors and/or hunting experience. The target audience likely isn't seasoned ex Navy seals and Bear Grylls. Thus the disclaimer...

Good answer. They don't want to be liable for a bunch of yahoos running around shooting anything that moves, or more of that which we have already.

Well after watching the 'Mountain Monsters' lot running around in the dark with loaded guns then I think shows like that should have a warning!

• Like 1

Its to cut down on the lawsuits.

I think that's the whole point. I recall being on another site and a guy there was talking about taking his wife and small children out with him as he was out "squatchin'". Personally I can't think of a more irresponsible thing you could do.

Well after watching the 'Mountain Monsters' lot running around in the dark with loaded guns then I think shows like that should have a warning!

Agreed. Something like "...if you're fat or carrying loaded firearms, scared to death. Then you could wind up shooting your friend."

• Like 1

I think that's the whole point. I recall being on another site and a guy there was talking about taking his wife and small children out with him as he was out "squatchin'". Personally I can't think of a more irresponsible thing you could do.

What is wrong with taking the family out hunting a fake creature?. They are getting out together and getting exorcise, and learning about wildlife, and nature.

Families go out and hunt real animals all of the time. That is something more people need, the out doors.

I do not see the irresposibility in that.

Now I would not take my family back to the jungles of Nahm where I had many hand to hand battles, and nearly lost my life countless times. But that is a different topic.

It is much better then sitting around playing PS3, or watching TV.

• Like 1

I guess it's possible you could die from starvation, illness, old age, while hunting these creatures.