Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I'm in need of some paranormal expertise.

wonderlandless

Hi, I'm Heather and ever since I was eight I've experienced - and feel like I've been followed by - paranormal entities. I have a friend who is... talented and I believe he could help me but he's across the country and we're currently not talking due to his 'talent'. I believe, and others have told me that I'm talented. What does this mean? I know the things I experience aren't normal and I would just love to talk to someone who knows more about this than I do.. Since I know nothing of the sort. I've been reading up for a while and still haven't found much.

Places can shine. Like an imprint is made of events happening in places and the memories of it linger like ghosts. Those ghosts some people can see, or maybe just hear. People who shine can see and hear the past, sometimes the present happenings, and sometimes even the future not by psychic means but by seeing and hearing things that happened before or before they happen because of the lingering ghosts.

• Like 3

You could be slightly paranoid. No offense. If you think you've got some spirit stalking you then set up a test and a challenge. Something like placing a six sided die with 1 face up and then asking said spirit to change the number. Do this before going to bed. If it's changed then you've got something. If not then it's your imagination or your subconscious manifesting the number change through PK.

• Like 2

I have tried for years to make myself believe that it's paranoia. Sadly, it makes itself known to me. It's a male. My dogs are aware. It bangs on the walls.

Stephen King likes this thread.

A little more seriously, I believe some are more attuned to picking up atmospheres than others, I think hauntings are set into motion by human energy and activated by drawing power somehow, I have no idea how that works nor does anyone. People are 50/50 on whether ghosts even exist. I don't believe this whole deal with folks helping dead people cross over, I think they are mere shadows/imprints of deceased people's energies, so the 'The Shining' reference is pertinent as King described the residual element beautifully in that novel. You are perhaps in tune with the layers of places and pick up on lingering energies.

Edited by DancingCorpse
  • Like 1

This thread likes Stephen King.

Alright. That helps a bit. I'm just so sick of not knowing what it is I am or have or whatnot.. and things are continuing to become more intense and regular.

Edited by wonderlandless
  • Like 1

Can you elaborate on any experiences you have had? Is there any reason you can conceive of that shiz has become more intense?

I have nothing on why it has become more intense as of recently. No clue at all. One experience I've had that will always stick with me was; I was driving home around 12am from a place about an hour away from my home. One of those 'in the middle of nowhere' places. I'm driving along and I see a bloody kitten on the side of the road. Being an animal lover and already almost in tears at this point, I pull over. There were street lights. As I approached the kitten, it vanished and a black figure around 6 feet (It was BLACK. like a fully formed 3d shadow) came at me from about 100 metres away. I've never run so fast. I sped out of there like there was no tomorrow.

This happened in... October.

Edited by wonderlandless

Obviously there is the possibility of hallucination brought on by myriad causes but I am sure as heck you've considered that. The thing could be self manifested though, that can fall under the same branch as how a hallucination could occur (which suggests self being the origin) but it doesn't mean you are suffering excess stress or anything untoward, I'm not gonna ask if you're taking substances because you wouldn't have made this thread :P

I will have to ask the token question of; were you under great stress or fatigue? The mind is a hectic thing that responds in countless ways, much of them devious and cunning since the subconscious knows us best. That is not to say you are a loon, just exploring physical provocations.

But! As an example of unexpected reactions of energy, poltergeist activity is suggested to be caused by excess energy in adolescents a lot of the time, it's energy bouncing literally off the walls from them. This type of spirit is still recognized as an 'ability' of some hauntings though, so there is distinction. It doesn't mean you have anything wrong, the ''science'' of the paranormal is largely unknown and mere guesswork such is the perceived validity of occurrences. We have little but personal anecdotes and experience to travel along.

Regarding this event however, I have no idea how a spirit would manifest something like that, it would suggest rapport with you and your mind. You can see how people could see this as you being behind the image though I am sure. If someone else had seen the same thing and corroborated this vision, it would've suggested 'existence' outside of your mind/perspective. Then again, it doesn't mean you are self-perpetuating the vision just cause it was something you noticed, no one has a clue in such matters realistically. Have you experienced anything since then? I'm trying to figure out why a being that is not somehow attached to you, would feel the motivation enough to create such a scare. Ofc that is along the train of thought that such possible creatures have intelligence, maybe they are mere 'reactors' when they find someone who can sense/interact with them on some scale. T'is all intriguing and muddled!

I hope it did not freak you out too much, such things could make you question our limited grip on reality!

• Like 1

A lot has happened since then; that was just something that has happened outside of my comfort zone, I took that as a set up. My house is a completely different story. There's an attic. It's completely boarded up. As a child, I had an obsession, says my mother, about making it a 'play room'. There's constant banging on all of the boards and every one of the people who have slept with me in my room say that there's a black shadow that watches me from the corner beside my closet. My dogs will not come upstairs with me ( that is where the boarded up piece of the attic is ). My cousin slept over a week or so ago and we slept in my moms room upstairs (her bed is a cloud, I swear) and were awoken to the tv on full volume static. Neither of us can sleep with the TV on. It was off, and the volume was never even close to that loud. The night my cousin left, while she was coming down the upstairs hallway to the stairway.. the only way i can put this is that she was momentarily possessed. She screamed at me saying "Shut the **** up", when I hadn't said a word. She then regained consciousness and began crying. This has all happened within the last month. My boyfriend refuses to let me sleep without the TV on when he's there, now, because when I'm sleeping in the complete darkness I talk to someone in my sleep. I ask it questions. He has left the room before and has tried to wake me up but he can't. I don't know. Some of the things that have happened around me. I have nowhere else to turn.

A lot of the times spirits manifest as hallucinations. Trick is figuring out if it's a spirit or your imagination.

Another thing I just thought of is that the poltergeist activity could be coming from you. Suppressed emotions and all that.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 2

I'm going to make the assumption that you yourself have checked into any root causes that could be causing this activity; including excessive fatigue, hyper-stress, anxiety, etc. I want to try and help you based within the parameters that you may actually be experiencing paranormal activity.

Now, you've mentioned that you've been having experiences since you were around the age of eight from what you can remember. In order to get a better feel of what may be happening I have a couple questions, which I can cross examine and correlate with my own lifelong experiences and perhaps we can get to the root of what's going on.

1.) At any time during ANY of your experiences, have you been physically attacked or harmed? To go along with this, have you at any time felt uneasy or surrounded by negativity at any time?

2.) In your experience, what is the MOST COMMON form that these experiences make themselves known to you? Do you have a tendency to see things, hear things, feel things, etc.? Do you see shadows or full figures? Do see orbs or just flashes of light?

3.) Where do these experiences most commonly occur? Do they generally occur more often when you're alone, or with a larger group of people?

4.) Have you ever knowingly attempted to contact an entity on your own accord? What method did you use when contacting? Were you alone, or with a group of people?

hello. yes I've checked into everything possible in my mind that would cause any of this.

1) I have never been physically attacked while conscious. I have, however, woke up with several bruises on my stomach.

I always feel threatened when he's around.

2) There is banging. A lot. From the attic; which I can't get into. That has calmed down. Other than that... It's a whole bunch of things.

3) Most of these experiences happen at my home. They usually occur when I'm alone, but it lets us know it's there when other people are present.

4) I haven't tried to contact anyone on my own.

Speaking from experience and personal research: You could find a faith you closely identify with (but don't necessarily have to follow) and perform whatever exorcism rituals that are a part of it. From a strictly scientific view, this could act as a placebo of sorts, quieting your mind, and thus quieting your "entity".

These things are performed all across the globe with little relation to one another, yet still seem to work just fine, so I think its a safe bet. If anything, these sorts of things tend to calm with age, I've yet to hear of an account that lasted an entire lifetime.

You can try an exercisim and it could work. But before you do this you could try changing you feelings of fear to curiousity. try being more possitive to the entity even just a "hello" . You need to remember they were human with a physical body and human emotions not monsters. Treat them as you would want to be treated if you were in the same situation. This could be a family member coming to visit you never know. I heard a interesting theory the other day. That these enitities that visit are looking for the people they would like to be connected to in their next life. Like picking out your new family. So try to be possitive. Never give negativity to enitities no matter how much they provoke you.

Just don't be afraid I have never had a bad experience with anything that is concidered paranormal. Infact most have been pleasant and some a learning experience. Let me know how it goes if this doesn't help or it becomes negative there are other things that can be done. :)

• Like 1

What is the reason for the attic being boarded up?

Approaching from the standpoint that this is indeed paranormal, based on the facts you've mentioned as well as drawing from my own experience; I have to believe you have managed to get these entity (or multiple entities) attached to you. It is my belief that at some point in your early childhood, the energies in your surrounding environments were able to sense something within you specifically, and therefore they were able to transfer their energy from a place, to you a person.

I have to agree with emberdawn in the fact that your first step would be to eliminate any fear you associate with these entities. But, this is where I have to disagree with emberdawn (for the time being). Initially when you begin to transform your own feelings from a state of fear and anxiety, I would suggest taking a more apathetic approach towards them instead of inviting contact with any of them, at least in the beginning stages.

If, in the beginning when you change your emotional stance, and should all the activity decreases or stop entirely, it would suggest very highly you had a malevolent attachment. This is because malevolent entities feed off of fear and anxiety. Once fear and anxiety are no longer present in the person they are attached to, they can no longer sustain the energy needed to cause any harm. This is why initial contact should be avoided; so you can gauge whether or not the activity increases or decreases when you remove your present fear and participation. If you notice the activity decreasing or stopping altogether, then you could move to the next step; which would be purifying your environment and purifying yourself.

How would you do this? In my experience, there have been two ways to permanently eliminate the entity. One, Holy Water. Saying the Lord's prayer in the name of Jesus Christ while going to each and every room of your house/apartment and splashing a tiny bit of Holy Water in each entrance has done the trick. Also, do this on the outside of your house/apartment as well, paying particular attention to entrances and exits. The second method that has worked for me (and if you're not fond of the first method,) is burning white sage. If you burn white sage, and go from room to room of your house/apartment, the smoke is said to have abilities to ward off malevolent entities. Follow the same steps as with the water, just with the smoke instead. Say out loud that this is YOUR HOME and that whatever remains attached to you and your environment is no longer welcome and that you are placing a protective light around yourself from that moment forward. It is important that you say it out loud, that way you're exhibiting force to get them to leave. Remember, these two methods are just the two that have worked in my experience and you are free to look at any other options you're comfortable with trying.

Again, the first step is to change your emotional stance away from fear or anxiety. Once you do this, it will take some time to really get a feel of what activity is going to happen at that point. Be patient, because if these entities are attached to you, you will most certainly know and feel when it is time to move towards the next step.

Hope this helps, and I'll be here to help further when and if you need.

• Like 1

Thank you. Your replies have opened my eyes. The thing is, that I'm not so scared of it, or them. I'm more intrigued. That changes of course. For example when it happens outside of my house and I take it as an attack. While it's in my house, I take it as it wants attention and that's all. I know it's attached to me, since it follows me. I think it's more possessive than malevolent. I'm unsure. I'll try the sage, however.

As for the attic bring boarded up, I'm not sure. It's been like that ever since we moved in, and it's not an old house. My mom thinks insulation or something. That's a pretty weak explanation to me.

You mentioned early on in this thread that your friend and you have been called "talented"

I assume you mean psychic in that, be it kinesis, medum...ing, that sort of thing?

By him, I mean he has the ability to forsee things and knows what you're thinking type thing. I don't know what he meant with me. He says he doesn't know (he's across the country in Halifax) and can't explain it until we meet.

He 'forsaw' something that made him freak out, and demand that we distance ourselves for a while. Haven't spoken since beginning of December now. He said something will happen to me and I should take care of myself. Don't know what he meant yet. Could be anything. He's a riddler.