Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Updated] Researchers look for time travelers

Arkitecht

It seems as if there are people who might be looking for you...if you were from the year 2036.If you were looking up ISON before it was even discovered, you may get a visitor.Not really understanding why a time traveler would even care about ISON...hmmm. Strange.

• Like 1

Time travel was never said to be impossible, even Einstein said it may be possible. But if there where time travelers do they really think they would leave a trail?

Oh crap. When I read your headline I thought someone was looking for a volunteer time traveller, like the Mars 1 mission.

I'll go. :)

Oh crap. When I read your headline I thought someone was looking for a volunteer time traveller, like the Mars 1 mission.

I'll go. :)

Sign me up as well! Though only if I get to bring my gun, Deco is gonna bag himself a Tyrannosaurus!

• Like 1

Sign me up as well! Though only if I get to bring my gun, Deco is gonna bag himself a Tyrannosaurus!

Only if I get to get even and shoot you back. I owe you one from the other thread. This is my expedition.

Only if I get to get even and shoot you back. I owe you one from the other thread. This is my expedition.

Alright, but your carrying the ammo for the PTRS.

• Like 1

It's a bit like (sorta not really.. :D) the morons who yell "In the hole!!!" at golf tournaments, well before they even see the ball's trajectory. In the moron's tiny non-functioning mind, if they eventually get one right they are a hero and possessor of incredible predictive abilities... OMG, I was like so amazed - that ball DID go .. in the hole!! Look at me, look at me!!!1!!111!

Sigh.

Why are those idiots related to this? Well, there are quite a number of folks who make lots of random predictions on all sorts of things, be it at New Year or while proclaiming their psychic powers or whatever. By the normal laws of probability they will at some point get one or two predictions right.. at which time they carefully don't mention all the times they got it wrong..

So, what you do is lots of searches on random words, surnames, etc and keep a record of them - preferably using a method that allows you to delete all the unsuccessful ones (emailing them to yourself would be pretty effective..). When one of them suddenly becomes important, you can quietly delete the wrong ones and claim your powers!!

IN the HOLE!!!!

Hey, I know you. roland_tumbo.gif

• Like 2

I have to give credit for effort, however "AM Coast to Coast" gets farely regular calls from people claiming to be from the future.

Do they really think a real time traveler is going to answer them?

Now maybe find a nice post-Cretaceous island with a few hundred years storm and earthquake free and no large predators but lots of do-do like birds and some wonderful beaches and disappear.

• Like 1

Females.....you're gonna need females. Yes, plural.

• Like 1

i had to laugh when i read they are searching the internet. oh yeah you will find all kinds of crackpots online claiming to be from the future. a few have even stopped by UM to grace us with their *ahem* knowledge.

Who were these folks? And what did they predict?

The whole thing is preposterous to begin with, not that there can't be time travelers coming back to study history a little closer, but that they would actively make themselves known by answering as requested to, just for the heck of it.

You get a savvy computer nerd who can mess around and get a time index changed so it shows up as real then it's all over that visitors from the future have contacted us.

Is that whacked or what?

The whole thing is preposterous to begin with, not that there can't be time travelers coming back to study history a little closer, but that they would actively make themselves known by answering as requested to, just for the heck of it.

You get a savvy computer nerd who can mess around and get a time index changed so it shows up as real then it's all over that visitors from the future have contacted us.

Is that whacked or what?

Yeah,i could see being here to record a historic event.Like maybe Fukushima. That would be a good reason.Like was discussed in this thread where i had said 1 day before Fukushima about earthquakes...

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=201207&st=15

Edited by Arkitecht

.....and speaking of Fukuashima.

One thing I have never understood about the design of nuclear power plants is why they don't all have, as a matter of safety, an emergency shutdown system like what is on a nuclear submarine? Earthquake all of a sudden? Tsunami bearing down on you too. Hey, that volcano is about to blow too? No problem. Hit the emergency shut down button and drop the rods and the core is shut down. No water, no problem, the cores is shut down. No power, no problem the core is shut down. Containment building compromised? No problem the core is shut down.

The answers are way too simple for them not to be in place.

Ok, off the soapbox now, walks away whistling.

• Like 2

Females.....you're gonna need females. Yes, plural.

I was thinking about a peaceful retirement; you seem to have something else in mind, cause that would not be peaceful.

An experiment to find out whether time travellers might give themselves away on social networks by referring to events which had not happened yet, has failed to find anyone from the future.

http://www.telegraph...tists-find.html

It seems as if there are people who might be looking for you...if you were from the year 2036.If you were looking up ISON before it was even discovered, you may get a visitor.Not really understanding why a time traveler would even care about ISON...hmmm. Strange.

*snip*

Actually it may not be that strange after all, there is one more little event regarding ISON beginning in just a few days. The Earth is going to intersect the area of space ISON crossed our orbit back in late November when it was still INbound towards the Sun.

Download short NASA animation http://science.nasa.gov/media/medialibrary/2013/04/19/C2012S1-1-0.05-1.0-1.0-1000--7-1-0.2-1e4-10.0-PR-PN-S-002b.avi

NASA is downplaying the event claiming the tiny particles will go unnoticed but I hope to at least see a couple cool green meteors come of the encounter.

I am NOT saying this is a doomsday event but you never know until it's not, right?

Actually it may not be that strange after all, there is one more little event regarding ISON beginning in just a few days. The Earth is going to intersect the area of space ISON crossed our orbit back in late November when it was still INbound towards the Sun.

Download short NASA animation http://science.nasa.gov/media/medialibrary/2013/04/19/C2012S1-1-0.05-1.0-1.0-1000--7-1-0.2-1e4-10.0-PR-PN-S-002b.avi

NASA is downplaying the event claiming the tiny particles will go unnoticed but I hope to at least see a couple cool green meteors come of the encounter.

I am NOT saying this is a doomsday event but you never know until it's not, right?

...Hey you never know...maybe Jan 17th 2014,will be a date to remember. Im not saying anything will happen,but if on that date huge meteor showers hit the earth(or begin to) well then we have more fun stuff to look forward to.Maybe.

I would like to think that people from the future would be smart enough to keep off of social media... Their 'past' would have taught them that it is nothing but problems...

Wow, they over-did it. They could have just talked to me..

I dont think time travel can be a public thing even in far future.(given the human nature doesnt evolve) If it ever happens as we think it in that example above (going back to the exact time sequence where no breaking occurs into a parallel reality) it will probably be one of the most strictly detected, monitored or authorized thing ever. Only licensed people would time travel with clean up teams doing the needed checks all in between time periods and the reasons to time travel will probably be approved by a large committee.

Edited by thyra