Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What does the Earth's movement sound like ?

UM-Bot

Artist Lotte Geeven has recorded audio of our planet from the bottom of the deepest hole in the world.

Despite spending all of our lives on the surface of the Earth, one thing we never get to hear is what our planet\'s rotation and movement through space actually sounds like.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/260322/what-does-the-earths-movement-sound-like

• Like 3

That doesn't surprise me. I always imagined that the sounds of the molten core would be a burbling sound and the other sounds reflect what would be plate movement, etc. Somewhere in YouTube, there are recordings of the sounds of the planets, out in space, as they move through the universe, and each has its own specific song. The earth reminds me of whales singing.

• Like 3

'Chorus', also known as 'dawn chorus', are naturally occurring electromagnetic radio wave/s emitted from the Earth’s magnetosphere that are audible by the human ear. These radio waves are caused by particles within Earth's magnetosphere. A magnetosphere is the region surrounding a planet that is dominated by the planet's magnetic field. Solar winds (charged particles coming out of the Sun) blast against against Earth's magnetosphere, causing it to be shaped the way it is.

The sounds in the video below were recorded recently on Sept. 5, 2012 and the sounds were picked up using radio receivers. This video has numerous 5 second recordings of 'chorus' sounds played one after another without any gaps in between.

Sounds like birds and whales.

[media=]

[/media] Edited by EllJay

Yes! I think it's beautiful. She sings her own song, as does every planet.

• Like 4

Wow that sounds scary!

• Like 1

That sounds like an alien voice to me.

Huh. 5.5 miles. Seems relatively scant given that the depth to the center of our Earth is nearly 4,000 miles.

• Like 1