Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Angel Worship

Strong Flower

A couple of months ago I did some minor research on angel religion. It was somewhat obscure but there was an interesting group called the Angelici hundreds of years ago who worshipped angels as the primary creators of the heavens and Earth. Does anyone have more info on this form of spirituality ? & Does anyone know of any angel worshippers in this day and time ?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Strong Flower

• UrantianX

• _Only

• Grandpa Greenman

What does angel mean in this context? It sounds like worship of gods, who they called angels.

What does angel mean in this context? It sounds like worship of gods, who they called angels.

True. I think the only distinction is that angels are looked at as messengers. I wonder if angels took the place as spirit guides moreso.

I have friends who do the Angel worship. Most of them us them as a go between them and God. I think you are right about using as a replacement for spirit guides. The people I know who are into it are kind of New Age.

http://angels.about.com/od/AngelBasics/f/Do-Angels-Pray-For-People.htm

I have friends who do the Angel worship. Most of them us them as a go between them and God. I think you are right about using as a replacement for spirit guides. The people I know who are into it are kind of New Age.

http://angels.about....-For-People.htm

Gotcha, I would take this to be a form of New age. I personally condone spirit guides. The bible restricts us from the worship of angels, BUT this is one of the main reasons I do not claim Christianity. Christianity has so many hidden layers and dwells in pseudo-factual beliefs.

I know through many esoteric teachings that the Universe is made up of seen and unseen spirits.

Edited by Spore

I wonder if angels took the place as spirit guides moreso.

Seems like the same thing, just called different titles by different people and backgrounds.

• Like 1

According to the Urantia Revelation (link), angels should not be worshiped:

38:2.5 (link) You do well to love them, but you should not adore them; angels are not objects of worship. The great seraphim, Loyalatia, when your seer “fell down to worship before the feet of the angel,” said: “See that you do it not; I am a fellow servant with you and with your races, who are all enjoined to worship God.”

LuisMarco, 29, Mexico City :su

And the creators of local universes, according to the Urantia Revelation, are the Creator Sons of GOD. (...)

^^ That to me still has lots of mystery. Im pretty sure the concepts of angels(spirit guides) were very different prior to the formation of Chistianity.

Yes but also there is a narration of the guardian angels, who influence & relatively guide us, within Urantia...

Edited by UrantianX

Yes but also there is a narration of the guardian angels, who influence & relatively guide us, within Urantia...

True, BUT that is an aspect of one spiritual system. :geek:

True, BUT that is an aspect of one spiritual system. :geek:

But then you have wording/etymological mistake of some sort because the angels come from those belief systems. From Zorastrianism or from Abrahamic Religions. When you call them angels they specify some entities as described in those belief systems and they are not worshiped..and then when you begin to worship them they are either not angels or you start a new belief system.

Edited by thyra

But then you have wording/etymological mistake of some sort because the angels come from those belief systems. From Zorastrianism or from Abrahamic Religions. When you call them angels they specify some entities as described in those belief systems and they are not worshiped..and then when you begin to worship them they are either not angels or you start a new belief system.

Depending on the symbology. Angels in ancient spiritual systems were noticeably switched over from GODS and lesser deities.

Angels are obviously divine SPIRITS that make up the seen & unseen realities of the Universe. So-called animism has contributed to this fact.

I would like to make another contribution in this way, this is one of the many revelations given about angels from The Urantia Papers (which is complete in the public domain):
1. The Ministering Spirits

26:1.1 Angels are the ministering-spirit associates of the evolutionary and ascending will creatures of all space; they are also the colleagues and working associates of the higher hosts of the divine personalities of the spheres. The angels of all orders are distinct personalities and are highly individualized. They all have a large capacity for appreciation of the ministrations of the reversion directors. Together with the Messenger Hosts of Space, the ministering spirits enjoy seasons of rest and change; they possess very social natures and have an associative capacity far transcending that of human beings.(...)

Edited by UrantianX