Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Vatican training new generation of exorcists

UM-Bot

A rise in demand for exorcists has prompted the Catholic Church to ramp up its training efforts.

The Church has attributed the increase in exorcism cases to the rise in the use of Ouija boards, black magic and other occult practices and hopes that by training more priests it will not only help to curb this trend but also to reduce the number of individuals performing unauthorized exorcisms.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/260360/vatican-training-new-generation-of-exorcists

• Like 1

I don't " KNOW " if there are Demonic possessions or not . But I do find it interesting that after thousands of years of reports and stories of such , SOME reject the very idea of it . Thous the experimenting and playing in modern times. One of the marks of why MAN is supposed to be more intelligent than the animal's is the ability to learn and pass on learned knowledge from one generation to the nest . To ignore these teaching is amount to voluntary ignorance .

Study tIhe subject if you will , but if some thing BAD happens don't expect a lot of sympathy from others you ask to clean up YOUR MESS ! IMO as all ways.

• Like 3

Would be great to watch this training on a TV show. Well, I'd watch it at least. Betcha they have Morning Exorcise every day. lol

• Like 3

Hey thats great. :) I think it would be also wonderful to have people from vatican to comment on certain christian verses and questions on this forum as well.

Edited by thyra

I wonder what the pay is? Not exactly a minimum wage job exorcizing demons.

That's why you put one hundred dollars a week in the plate when they pass it around .

• Like 2

Only way I would even be convinced that someone was really possessed, would be when the priest is telekinetically slammed against a wall. Other than that it would just be some kind of psychosis.

Only way I would even be convinced that someone was really possessed, would be when the priest is telekinetically slammed against a wall. Other than that it would just be some kind of psychosis.

A spinning head wouldn't cut it?

The only things they are going to exorcise are hallucinations.

Actually, awful experiences do happen to people that defy explanation. Demons is one way of doing so. Often exorcism works, at times they don't and at others priest die from it. I think our understanding of what is possible is very narrow, so that when something does happen people are alone and isolated, no one believes them. Also to think there is a life form our there that is evil, powerful and hates us in not a comforting thought. Yet I believe it is true. I believe it is our conceit that persuades us that all the experiences of our ancestors were unreal, just products of the mind, that is until someone has them and there is no one to talk to.

peace

mark

Edited by markdohle
  • Like 3

Spinning head wouldn't be bad. Maybe some spontaneous combustion tossed in for good measure. No pea soup.

I agree, great harm can be done by someone who does know what they are doing.

peace

mark

• Like 2

If they won't train them like Van Helsing is not cool enought!

• Like 2

Just because there is no proof of possession and demons, does not mean this is rubbish.

I wish I had had a video camera the one night I experienced a possession myself. I'm glad I didn't, it had me terrified. Besides, everyone would cough it up to acting, cgi, etc. I know what I saw and I will never try to prove it; I have no need to and frankly, people are lucky they don't see such things.

• Like 4

You know I wish I had such a magical life. I've spent 21 years practicing chaos magick. I've had only a handful of WTF moments that defy any possible explanation. I've never came across anyone possessed, an energy worker that could actually do stuff that wasn't a placebo effect, and a magician who could actually curse me. I guess I'm to rational for some of the real bizarre stuff. The only really profound experience I every had came in a three day stretch back when I was 16. I'd had one too many caffeine pills and could tell people what they were thinking and moved a folding chair a few feet without touching it. I have yet to have this experience again. Although I explore the occult it's become from a very results oriented fashion. So I don't regard possession as being fully legitimate.

As a Protestant Christian, it is the general belief that every Christian can be an exercist, or at least can drive out demons. I suppose these guys are more like Exercist Commandos with their special training.

With Europe actually becoming Post-Christian secularists, it is interesting that the demand is increasing.Perhaps most of the exercists go to the Developing World? South America probably would be fertile ground, as would be the East African nations that have lots of missionary work and are converting to Christianity in the millions.

There has to be some reason for Pope Francis to do this.He strikes me as a pretty level headed guy.As a Catholic I do believe the devil is real and he does have his minons possess people but it is rare. True demonic possosseion doesn't happen every day but it can and does occur. All religions have stories of demons and evil spirits and each may have their own way to give people relief.The fact that other faiths such as muslims etc. have bad spirits etc. tells me there is something to it whether we in the West believe it or not.. Alot of people think this stuff is so great but have no idea what they are dealing with.They are just Alister Crowley wannabes.

• Like 1

It amazes me the people who believe in demons and yet not in angels. If you have darkness, there must be light, and vice versa, I would think.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't a mother just kill two children in an attempt to preform an exorcism?

• 4 weeks later...

All I can say is this: There is more to earthly life than meets the eye. Skeptics? Well, some may even say that you haven't done anything to get those dark entities riled up and put you on their radar. After all, "The biggest lie that the Devil is selling the world is that he doesn't exist," so we've been told. Just a thought.

I was once went to a retreat led by a priest who is an exorcist ordained by Vatican. His lecture had nothing to do with exorcism. But he is a part of Charismatic Renewal movement. After his sermon, my last remaining hope for Catholic church was utterly obliterated.