Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Has 12/21/12 non event killed the `new age`

outoftheworld

Is it just me or since the flop of december 21st 2012 where all this love and light/ end of the world/ aliens well nothing happpened (dont kid yourself and say you feel more enlightened.. nothing, zero zilch happened).

But since it, i myself have become more and more skeptical of the whole alien / ufo/ love and light shizzle

and trust me at one point i was a big believer in it.

We seem to barely hear any major stories, and a lot less of these supposed `in the know` people like george green / alex collier/ wilcox etc seem to be talking out anymore (this isnt a discussion about the particular individuals authenticity i just mentioned them as examples of how everything seems to be quiet now).

Its almost like even the supposed contactees/ abductees/ light workers or whoever had the big mouths until now, are all realising that yeh maybe it is all baloney.

Remember back in 2008 with blossom goodchild hoax? the hype was enormous, but nowadays even if a well known psychic made a prediction like that, nobody would even bat an eyelid.

So in my opinion, the big non event of december 2012 has really killed (not completly) but a lot of the new age/ or modern ufo industry

Edited by outoftheworld

Killed the new age? If we are to go by similar movements (i.e. Christian end of the world predictions) there is nothing that can kill a believe system... certainly not being wrong.

• Like 2

You forget the New Age proclamations about 2000, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2010, ect. And that's just this millennium.

2012 had a lot of momentum behind it as was largely popular, give it some time to rebuild.

You forget the New Age proclamations about 2000, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2010, ect. And that's just this millennium.

2012 had a lot of momentum behind it as was largely popular, give it some time to rebuild.

sound like the Christian proclamations of 1000, 1005, 1014, 1033 to me. Did not change much....

• Like 1

sound like the Christian proclamations of 1000, 1005, 1014, 1033 to me. Did not change much....

It's the same mentality driving the same behavior.
  • Like 3

Perhaps your faith in the end of the world will be restored on 02/22/14 when Ragnarok happens!

• Like 2

At risk of sounding hokey, I'm under the impression that the "love and light shizzle," is currently at the far end of the cycle... in other words the energies of the universe are in a waning phase... There is an 8 year cycle, associated with Venus that came and went in June of 2012 known as the Pentagonal Cycle. Dunno how much stock you put in the astrology-phenomenon link, but I'm sure if were patient, get plenty of rest and eat our green veggies, things will go back to the hillbilly probing, end of the world predicting, norm.

i for one am glad it's been quiet.

and anyway it leaves room for talk of crop circles and shadow people and strange things in people's closets which we all know are actually true and so interesting to be innundated with.

• Like 2

i for one am glad it's been quiet.

and anyway it leaves room for talk of crop circles and shadow people and strange things in people's closets which we all know are actually true and so interesting to be innundated with.

Ancient Aliens. Oi, I feel a certain odd comfort knowing I can take a year away and know I can leap back into a discussion of ancient aliens as if I'd never left.
  • Like 6

Ancient Aliens. Oi, I feel a certain odd comfort knowing I can take a year away and know I can leap back into a discussion of ancient aliens as if I'd never left.

too true

It's so good to be a part of a place with so Never mind. Anything I say would be pointless as are 99% of my posts on this forum.

People will forget about failed prophecies, and make up new ones. They have been doing this for thousands of years.

The whole "2012 prophecy" wasn't so much a prophecy as a misinterpretation of an ancient calender. It may have left some believers disillusioned but it certainly didn't crush the spirit of this New Age advocate :D

• Like 1

What does it mean, "New Age"?

I just don't get the moniker.

The defining parameters are fairly loose but its characterized by an openness to spiritual possibilities dictated by a specific religious dogma or cultural standards. This leaves one open to experiment with multiple spiritual, philosophical and occult practices with no need to adhere to a set of principles of anyone set.

Humans have the unique ability of unshakable belief, even when the belief has repeatedly failed.

Humans have the unique ability of unshakable belief, even when the belief has repeatedly failed.

Are you proposing that people still believe the world ended in Dec 2012?

This has got to be the lamest afterlife ever.... I still have to got to work :(

• Like 1

Are you proposing that people still believe the world ended in Dec 2012?

This has got to be the lamest afterlife ever.... I still have to got to work :(

So..... Your theory is that the failure of one always ludicrous prediction undermines everything? New Age is a very broad brush description.

So..... Your theory is that the failure of one always ludicrous prediction undermines everything? New Age is a very broad brush description.

No..... Where did you get that from? I think only the very naive still believe there was a prophecy at all, it was more of a misinterpretation of an ancient calender. New Age philosophy is still going strong. As I said, I believe that we are currently on the waning side of an eight year cycle, accounting for the recent dry spell of metaphysical manifestations.

Naaaw, the New age thing was dead long before that.

Well I for one am glad the huggie bears and "ascension" believers have been quiet. Ridiculous stuff IMHO.

BUt...we always have some Doom around the corner...Need a new doom fix?...just check out some of the Conspiracy websites which I am not allowed to list....

doom.gif

Will always be just around the next corner so...

panic2.gif

panic1.gif

The New Age will return when they have cloned more Hippies,mark my words.

You have been warned.........

• Like 1