Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rlyeh

[...]

An example of someone who is really trying to bring truth to people:

[...]

That's the difference between a legit researcher, and someone like Alex.

:w00t:

You have to be kidding... Sigh...

How is THAT CIRCUS "is really trying to bring truth to people"?! Its on the par with senseless rants of A.Jones.

I once described listening to Alex Jones as "bobbing for apples in the toilet". As there are some genuine stories that are not covered anywhere else, but to get to the apple you have to put up with a face full of poo

This is how I feel about him too. His 9/11 conspiracy film was excellent. And he exposed Bohemian Grove.

• Like 2

This is how I feel about him too. His 9/11 conspiracy film was excellent. And he exposed Bohemian Grove.

I still don't get what's so bad about that. It's a big feast and party with a show.

Edit: Highlight.

Edited by FLOMBIE
  • Like 1

:w00t:

You have to be kidding... Sigh...

How is THAT CIRCUS "is really trying to bring truth to people"?! Its on the par with senseless rants of A.Jones.

Not sure what you're referencing, can you be more specific?

I still don't get what's so bad about that. It's a big feast and party with a show.

But it involves owls! And that's, like, sinister!

• Like 4

But it involves owls! And that's, like, sinister!

Occult rituals are being preformed by the leading political figures and those that fund them. Nothing weird about that? How many occult rituals do you practice? Any involving a "mock" sacrifice of a child to the fires in front of a giant owl statue?

Sinister is exactly how I would describe it. That is one apple you won't find on any tree.

• Like 3

Occult rituals are being preformed by the leading political figures and those that fund them. Nothing weird about that? How many occult rituals do you practice? Any involving a "mock" sacrifice of a child to the fires in front of a giant owl statue?

The same could be said about most religions... Catholics (amongst others) celebrate Mass in a church with a statue of Jesus nailed to a cross, perform "mock cannibalism" by eating and drinking the symbolic "body and blood of Christ", and celebrate the day that Jesus allegedly came back from the dead, and despite the requirement to separate Church and State, religion something the political leaders definitely use as one of the main influences on voters in the US, and certainly elsewhere, too...

Taken in a certain light, it can all sound rather sinister, too, can't it...?

Cz

• Like 8

Not sure what you're referencing, can you be more specific?

Specific? OK, here it is: all this event, i.e. Citizen Hearing on UFO Disclosure, was a big fat joke, featuring elite cranks like S.Friedman, S.Greer, L.Howe and others, exercising in re-telling old anecdotes. Not to mention, some of them exercising in hypocrisy as well, J.Callahan in particular: whining about cover ups, while keeping away radar printouts (JAL1628 event in Nov 17, 1986) from the public, despite the fact that he was waving stack of paper in front of the audience more than a decade ago (
) implying that was actual data.

So much for the truth, my a**...

• Like 1

The same could be said about most religions... Catholics (amongst others) celebrate Mass in a church with a statue of Jesus nailed to a cross, perform "mock cannibalism" by eating and drinking the symbolic "body and blood of Christ", and celebrate the day that Jesus allegedly came back from the dead, and despite the requirement to separate Church and State, religion something the political leaders definitely use as one of the main influences on voters in the US, and certainly elsewhere, too...

Cz

Bingo.

And part of my college fraternity ritual was to bury someone alive - rather sinister as well.

• Like 2

Cz

Taken in a certain light, yes it sounds sinister. But we know the reasons for the Catholic rituals and there is nothing sinister about loving Jesus. Can you give me an idea as to how the child sacrifice is a loving ritual and not a sinister one?

Taken in a certain light, yes it sounds sinister. But we know the reasons for the Catholic rituals and there is nothing sinister about loving Jesus.

No, just in eating Jesus.

(I'm being snarky there, I think you and Cz touched on two different classifications, 'weird' and 'sinister'. I took him to mean that cannibalizing Jesus is, obviously, weird, and that religious weirdness hangs as part of the backdrop of politicians grotesquely using Jesus to further their own political ambitions and lust for power which sure looks sinister)

Can you give me an idea as to how the child sacrifice is a loving ritual and not a sinister one?

If the god or occult being to whom the child is being sacrificed is a loving superbeing and says it is good and loving that the child be sacrificed. I've been told countless times by theists that what seems to me to be a pretty plain evil or non-loving component of reality or action by their god is actually still consistent with 'good and loving', but we just don't understand it because their god is beyond our comprehension. If that's the case, I'm not sure why that doesn't work for all gods.

• Like 1

Taken in a certain light, yes it sounds sinister. But we know the reasons for the Catholic rituals and there is nothing sinister about loving Jesus. Can you give me an idea as to how the child sacrifice is a loving ritual and not a sinister one?

Nope, just as I don't have any idea how symbolically eating your savior's body and drinking his ersatz blood equates to a "loving ritual"... When you add his (alleged) return from the dead to the mix it sounds more like an episode of The Walking Dead if you think about it.. Cannibalism, vampires and holy zombies...

However... the bible is not without examples of the "loving god" asking for extreme sacrifices. Have you ever read the original story of how circumcision came to be...? "Rock and a hard place".... I'll just leave that sinister visual there.

No, just in eating Jesus.

(I'm being snarky there, I think you and Cz touched on two different classifications, 'weird' and 'sinister'. I took him to mean that cannibalizing Jesus is, obviously, weird, and that religious weirdness hangs as part of the backdrop of politicians grotesquely using Jesus to further their own political ambitions and lust for power which sure looks sinister)

Yep... I figured you'd get it... :tu:

Cz

Edited by Czero 101
  • Like 3

Understood but not accepted. I could not accept being part of any ritual in which such acts are preformed. I am not a Catholic but I did attend a Catholic School and I know what Catholic rituals represent. I just wish I could find a reliable source that explains what sacrificing a child means to the world's political leaders and those elites who fund them.

Sinister is exactly how I would describe it. That is one apple you won't find on any tree.

Yet it is more acceptable to pretend to eat flesh and drink blood..
  • Like 1

Understood but not accepted. I could not accept being part of any ritual in which such acts are preformed. I am not a Catholic but I did attend a Catholic School and I know what Catholic rituals represent. I just wish I could find a reliable source that explains what sacrificing a child means to the world's political leaders and those elites who fund them.

Ever think maybe they do it just to mess with people like you? Put yourself in that situation: You have the money, the power, and the influence. So what are you going to for fun? Mess with people! And do so in superb style as well.

• Like 1

Any involving a "mock" sacrifice of a child to the fires in front of a giant owl statue?

To clarify:

From Wiki - Cremation of Care - Staging

The ceremony involves the poling across a lake of a small boat containing an effigy of Care (called "Dull Care"). Dark, hooded figures receive from the ferryman the effigy which is placed on an altar, and, at the end of the ceremony, set on fire. This "cremation" symbolizes that members are banishing the "dull cares" of conscience.[14] At the time the script was developed, the primary meaning of the word 'care' (< O.E. cearu, "anxiety, anguish") was synonymous with 'worry', having more negative connotations than in modern times when it tends to be associated more positively with compassion.[15]

And from the footnote # 14 referenced in the quote above:

A Relative Advantage: Sociology of the San Francisco Bohemian Club

A Doctoral Dissertation (1994) by Peter Martin Phillips

pages 44 - 46

.PDF File pages 51 - 53

A forty foot concrete owl stands at the head of the lake in the Grove. This owl shrine was built in 1929 to serve as a ceremonial site for traditional Bohemian rituals and is used yearly for the Cremation of Care Ceremony.

1910 marked the first ceremonial burial of the cares of the world during the midsummer encampment and by 1913 Care was being cremated during the first weekend of the Grove (Annals, 1972) The Cremation of Care Ceremony was produced as a play in 1920, wherein a High Priest standing before a huge pre-historic alter, is confronted by Dull Care wrapped in the chains but not dead because Bacchus, the only warrior Care fears, is truly dead (18th Amendment was passed in 1919). Good Fellowship arrives, but lacks the sword necessary to kill Dull Care, and can only imprison him and Care still sings out through the prison window. At last Bohemia's Spirit emerges and proclaims:

Down with all fears! And up with your cheers, for his (Cares) mocking is turning to sobbing and tears.

But Care responds:

'Call Bacchus from the grave... long as he is dead. I sneer at Great Bohemia! Aha! Aha!' Good Fellowship then takes the torch from the priest at the alter and burns Care in his prison, thereby purging the 'demon Care from the sacred Grove.' (Thompson Archives, 1920)

This ceremony has been rewritten on several occasions but the theme is still the same. The addition of the owl statue in 1920 allowed for the voice of the owl to be incorporated into the ceremony. Care is still dispatched yearly in a fiery death that symbolizes the initiation of Bohemian fellowship. In recent years Care's cremation has become one of Bohemias more infamous ceremonies due to published descriptions by G. W. Domhoff (1974) and John Van der Zee (1974) and numerous newspaper articles and protestor literature.

The highlight is the "Cremation of Care", an elaborate ritual... in which an effigy of Dull Care is engulfed in flames... (L.A. Times 5-26-87 p.1).

During the protests some activists held symbolic anti-cremation of care ceremonies that challenged the Bohemians for not "caring about something" (West Sonoma 7-17-86 p.6).

Club member, Al Baxter, cites this issue in his unpublished paper, "Witness in the Woods" (1986). Baxter claims the cremation ceremony is not symbolic of the destruction of human sympathy but it is meant "to set aside the nagging and often unworthy preoccupations which inhibit openness and warm sympathy for human affairs generally and for works of artistic and moral creativity in particular (p. 14)." The cremation ceremony may mean different things to different Bohemians, but the consistent theme for eighty-four years is the release of everyday mundane concerns for the brotherhood of Bohemian friendship. The ritual continues to be an important event in the annual Bohemian trek to the redwoods.

So... far from being the "mock sacrifice of a child" lie that Alex Jones seems to need want his followers audience to fall for believe, the ceremony involves the burning in effigy of "Care", which, in the context of the early 20th century play the ceremony is derived from (and also in deference to the older meaning of the word) represents "worry","anxiety" and "anguish".

Is it sinister...? Only if you shine a specific light on it.

Cz

Edited by Czero 101
  • Like 4

I'm not really having much insight in the bohemian grove thing, but i watched Alex marching in there and ruining the party,

that was very amusing.

As to this so-called sinister society itself, i don't really think it's super-secret-illuminati-world-conspiracy stuff going on there.

Many many groups where people get together (for whatever reason) have their "initiation rites". Fraternitys, religions,

the military, companies.... this mainly serves to strengthen the togetherness (-proper english word??) of a group and the dissociation from "the masses".

Nowadays, lots of tabloids report that hollywood actors drop their fascination with the kaballah and discover the work of

Aleister Crowley / the O.T.O.

I don't know exactly why the "high society" has this thing with "occult" teachings, but the bohemian grove society, to me, is nothing more like a bunch of bored (ex-)celebs enjoying pagan-style frat partys. Plus: whoever mentioned that above, i really see not much difference between allegedly "eating fake babies" as a ritual or the everyday practise of theophagy in christian churches...

• Like 2

Edit: Highlight.

You dont find anything disturbing about a mock child sacrifice? Assumming of course that they didnt really kill a child there.

Cz

Thats true they use religion to advance themselfs. However, you wont be hearing any of them brag about their stay a BG, or use it to advance them selfs in the minds of the public. Thats cause what they do there is sick and twisted. Heck according to Clinton, they have gay orgies there.

• Like 1

Nope, just as I don't have any idea how symbolically eating your savior's body and drinking his ersatz blood equates to a "loving ritual"... When you add his (alleged) return from the dead to the mix it sounds more like an episode of The Walking Dead if you think about it.. Cannibalism, vampires and holy zombies...

However... the bible is not without examples of the "loving god" asking for extreme sacrifices. Have you ever read the original story of how circumcision came to be...? "Rock and a hard place".... I'll just leave that sinister visual there.

Yep... I figured you'd get it... :tu:

Cz

Let me get this right, you are disturbed by Catholic rituals, and examples of Gods judgment in the bible. Yet give pass to child murderers because of those catholic rituals and acts of judgment? Why speak out against one, and give pass to the other? If you were to say you were disturbed by both, at least that would be a respectable opinion.

• Like 1

So... far from being the "mock sacrifice of a child" lie that Alex Jones seems to need want his followers audience to fall for believe, the ceremony involves the burning in effigy of "Care", which, in the context of the early 20th century play the ceremony is derived from (and also in deference to the older meaning of the word) represents "worry","anxiety" and "anguish".

Is it sinister...? Only if you shine a specific light on it.

Cz

Oh, well that makes the fact that they pretend (I hope its pretend) to burn to death a little baby sooo much better, and more easy to swallow. I mean really? How else would folks get rid of their "worry","anxiety" and "anguish"? Personaly I just take a jog, or go work out for a half hour. But yeah I can see how burning to death a innocent child could accomplish the same goal. Thanks for turning that light on.

Let me get this right, you are disturbed by Catholic rituals, and examples of Gods judgment in the bible. Yet give pass to child murderers because of those catholic rituals and acts of judgment? Why speak out against one, and give pass to the other? If you were to say you were disturbed by both, at least that would be a respectable opinion.

Sorry but what the **** are you talking about? What child murderers?
  • Like 4

Oh, well that makes the fact that they pretend (I hope its pretend) to burn to death a little baby sooo much better, and more easy to swallow. I mean really? How else would folks get rid of their "worry","anxiety" and "anguish"? Personaly I just take a jog, or go work out for a half hour. But yeah I can see how burning to death a innocent child could accomplish the same goal. Thanks for turning that light on.

Not quite clear on what effigies and symbols are, are we? They aren't pretending to burn to death a little baby, they are pretending to burn 'Care', a concept. Again, you should have a lot of problems with Christian rituals if you find this disturbing, reenactments of the Last Supper and mock crucifixions are fairly common around Good Friday/Easter.

• Like 5