Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What happened to the Ark of the Covenant ?

UM-Bot

Thats one of the big reasons why im an atheist. He is a mass murder, and still he wants us to obey him, because he is the god of love and compassion. :clap:

God was the first terrorist ... ask Pharaoh :tu:

Do you think that this thread is a threat to his devine work? Can anyone of us offer even the slightest bit of worry to Gods plan? Of course not. We may talk about it, but it's like everything else that's to be find, it won't be found until it's time. But more so till the right person is made ready and the earth is prepared for it. We still have a few prophecies that have to be met before it's time for the Ark of the Covenant to make it's debut.

Apparently your irony detector is on the fritz.

So God kills someone, big deal. Being killed by God isn't the end of everything, just physical life, a price paid for disobedience. To God it may be on par with a spanking, being sent to our room for a grounding timeout. Lesson learned, move on to something else.

Another thing to think about is that God claims to know what's in our hearts at all times. Consider that guys thoughts when he saw the ark starting to tip, what if, just like a child wanting to push the set limits he did it anyway thinking he'd get away with breaking a rule. Same as we punish our kids for being that kind of smart-ass so did God.

So God kills someone, big deal. Being killed by God isn't the end of everything, just physical life, a price paid for disobedience. To God it may be on par with a spanking, being sent to our room for a grounding timeout. Lesson learned, move on to something else.

Another thing to think about is that God claims to know what's in our hearts at all times. Consider that guys thoughts when he saw the ark starting to tip, what if, just like a child wanting to push the set limits he did it anyway thinking he'd get away with breaking a rule. Same as we punish our kids for being that kind of smart-ass so did God.

You kill kids then?

Punishing children is meant to teach them their actions are wrong, your analogy demonstrates you do not comprehend this.

Edited by Rlyeh

You kill kids then?

See, I knew someone would say that. That you do not understand the analogy demonstrates you do not understand the difference between our ways ways and his. You incorrectly assume our ways are the same and, by his own words, they are not.

"My thoughts are not your thoughts, my ways are not your ways".

That is one of the most horrible defenses of religion i have yet seen.

How can you possibly justify god killing children, just because they are disobedient ?

So you would be ok with god killing your Family or friends, if they have been disobedient ?

That is one of the most horrible defenses of religion i have yet seen.

How can you possibly justify god killing children, just because they are disobedient ?

So you would be ok with god killing your Family or friends, if they have been disobedient ?

If they really believe they are willing to slit their children's throat if religion (aka God) demands it.

See, I knew someone would say that. That you do not understand the analogy demonstrates you do not understand the difference between our ways ways and his. You incorrectly assume our ways are the same and, by his own words, they are not.

All your analogy demonstrates is you do not understand the purpose of punishment. You haven't used his words, you've used your own.

So if god tell you to kill, you do it ?

And the piling on begins. That's okay, I didn't expect many to understand.

"If I told you earthly things and ye believe not, how will ye believe if I tell you of heavenly things?"

And the piling on begins. That's okay, I didn't expect many to understand.

"If I told you earthly things and ye believe not, how will ye believe if I tell you of heavenly things?"

You still havent actually answered my questions.

The answers should be obvious but maybe you really don't get it so here you go...

I never said he kills children. You wrote that in yourself. The person in my example was a grown man. Was he a "child of God"? (Saved) I'd say the evidence suggests not.

Of course not, but I really would not be in position to do anything about it, now would I?

So if god tell you to kill, you do it ?

Of course not. He doesn't need Earthy hit men of any sort. He can, (and the Biblical evidence shows he has) do his own killing.

I think we should just agree to disagree then :tu:

Supposing covering the ark in gold would neutralise the effect of whatever is inside........what would the ark be holding.

I've heard that the Ark of the Covenant is in Axum, Ethiopia, in a temple.

I have heard that too.

Nothing can happen to something that does not exist.

You have a pretty closed mind dont you?

"And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail."

- Revelation 11:19

You have a pretty closed mind dont you?

Well, the definition of "closed mind" here is effectively "believes something different from me", so I guess you would reckon him to be closed-minded.

(By exactly the same evidence of the Ark, fairies exist. Am I closed-minded for not believing in fairies?)

--Jaylemurph

No one wants to comment on the two arks that were made?

Now Bezalel made the ark of acacia wood; its length was two and a half cubits, and its width one and a half cubits, and its height one and a half cubits; 2and he overlaid it with pure gold inside and out, and made a gold molding for it all around.…

In Deuternomy 10 ,3 it was said I Moses built that ark only out of wood.

And I made an ark of shittim wood, and hewed two tables of stone like unto the first, and went up into the mount, having the two tables in mine hand.

(By exactly the same evidence of the Ark, fairies exist. Am I closed-minded for not believing in fairies?)

--Jaylemurph

Long time no speak! :) Would you say I was closed-minded for not believing in my historiae lector after discovering they lied to me at high school?

"And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail."

Parrot scripture time?

Your point is exactly............ :sleepy:

No one wants to comment on the two arks that were made?

Now Bezalel made the ark of acacia wood; its length was two and a half cubits, and its width one and a half cubits, and its height one and a half cubits; 2and he overlaid it with pure gold inside and out, and made a gold molding for it all around.…

In Deuternomy 10 ,3 it was said I Moses built that ark only out of wood.

And I made an ark of shittim wood, and hewed two tables of stone like unto the first, and went up into the mount, having the two tables in mine hand.

Yes, the second ark was built to specifically hold the replacement tablets that God said he would inscribe for him again... 'cause Moses broke the first ones :( whoops!