Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What happened to the Ark of the Covenant ?

UM-Bot

I think the point that it is missing is that we no longer need relics for access to God. We can easily access the ten commandments if we need refreshing but other than that we shouldn't be putting our value into religious items but rather god and humanity who is principalic and not a physical item.

Nothing can happen to something that does not exist.

you don't think the Ark exists or ever existed?

According to Rev 11:19 it's in Heaven. Which would make the most sense, cannot leave such a scripture validating object lying around on Earth to eventually be found.

Unless of course, our eventual finding and subsequent fighting over it is part of the plan.

If it ever existed and I have my doubts,then it will be a pile of dust if indeed it was spirited away to a secret hiding place.

The Ethiopian thing is laughable in itself,would anybody be allowed to sit on the most sought after biblical relic ever especially if it was kept in a Country that has had more than it's fair share of Civil wars and insurgency.

I happen know it is in a warehouse in the US, after it was found by an American archeology professor :tu:

• Like 2

I wish we knew what it really was. If humans couldn't touch it unless they wore certain clothes and carried it on poles, it almost sounds to me like it was radioactive.

• Like 2

It's in Atlantis. Under the ice. In Greenland. :innocent:

• Like 1

I thought there was more than 10 commandments. The ten we know of are not the true amount passed down.

I thought there was more than 10 commandments. The ten we know of are not the true amount passed down.

What others do you mean?

I think it was last seen on pawn stars a few weeks ago....

• Like 1

I wish we knew what it really was. If humans couldn't touch it unless they wore certain clothes and carried it on poles, it almost sounds to me like it was radioactive.

Nah. They carry the Pope like that and I'm sure he's never been radioactive. I could be wrong though.

• Like 3

I don't think a golden ark was ever made, the writers just wanted to glorify the only one Moses made out of wood that Tudor Parfitt may have had found, a drum,

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me.

The Hebrews would have never made a ark with cherubs or angels on top of it, or any thing like the Egyptians would have made.

— Exodus 20:4-6 (KJV)

What others do you mean?

What, you've never seen Mel Brooks' History of the World, Part One?

--Jaylemurph

• Like 2

I know where it is, It's in the Bible.

• Like 3

I think if it existed it was buried in the caverns below Jurusalem like many other artifacts to stop them falling into invading armies hands.

If it is there it may as well be on the moon as there is no way excavation will be allowed to happen there.

Nah. They carry the Pope like that and I'm sure he's never been radioactive. I could be wrong though.

The Bible records such an incident. It is found in 2 Samuel 6:1-7. David is bringing the ark back to Jerusalem from Philistia. It is being carried on a cart rather than by the prescribed method of poles through rings on the sides of the ark. The cart shakes, and a man named Uzzah reaches out to steady the ark. As a result of his touching it, God killed him immediately. Now, does that mean that God struck him dead for profaning the Ark, or was the Ark itself the instrument of the man's death?

The Bible records such an incident. It is found in 2 Samuel 6:1-7. David is bringing the ark back to Jerusalem from Philistia. It is being carried on a cart rather than by the prescribed method of poles through rings on the sides of the ark. The cart shakes, and a man named Uzzah reaches out to steady the ark. As a result of his touching it, God killed him immediately. Now, does that mean that God struck him dead for profaning the Ark, or was the Ark itself the instrument of the man's death?

It says God struck him so I'd say it was God who killed him. He does a helluva lot of killing does this God of mine. :(

• Like 2

It says God struck him so I'd say it was God who killed him. He does a helluva lot of killing does this God of mine. :(

or he his getting railroaded a lot.

• Like 1

I would not be surprised if it were hidden. We cannot handle it. Or at least we are not able to comprehend it. Much like area 51. Roswell and other mysteries.

• Like 1

So, hmmm. That means God (the God of love) broke one of his own commandments. Any lawyers here?

• Like 1

Knowing the Jews, the Ark could have been a menstruating Women if they could not touch it.The Poles were for the Holes in the Sheets.

• Like 1

Sorry just makes me laugh how people talk about it. The damn thing never existed yet people in the year 2014 are telling each other on a forum how they "heard" it was taken to wherever in a matter of fact way, like a family friend who had relatives i the supposed period, told them or something.pretty comical.

That's your 666th post....Well played old Bean. :tu:

• Like 1