Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Feelings of serenity?

SereneScene

Its hard to explain but at random times throughout the year I just get this strange feeling of calmness, its not just being calm though, its different, its just like everything feels right, you feel really really chill and just go through the motions of things, your mind is not anywhere, your body feels almost tingly, and like that it goes away.

I have this several times a year, maybe 10? But it is completly random, I find that it happens a lot at work for some odd reason, only other time I have had it is being at the beach at a sunset, extremly calm situations like that, thats why I call it serenity.

Anyone else have this before? Kinda weird but it feels so good at the same time.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• preacherman76

• SereneScene

• sarah_444

• thyra

Its hard to explain but at random times throughout the year I just get this strange feeling of calmness, its not just being calm though, its different, its just like everything feels right, you feel really really chill and just go through the motions of things, your mind is not anywhere, your body feels almost tingly, and like that it goes away.

I have this several times a year, maybe 10? But it is completly random, I find that it happens a lot at work for some odd reason, only other time I have had it is being at the beach at a sunset, extremly calm situations like that, thats why I call it serenity.

Anyone else have this before? Kinda weird but it feels so good at the same time.

why weird?

how about the majority of time? Do you feel a lot of stress? because of the contrast it feels weird?

I know exactly what you are trying to explain. Sometimes I get that feeling during/after mediation but I've felt the random moments where it just suddenly washes over you, it's an amazing thing to feel.

One of my most memorable experiences with this feeling was at the beach. It's the most memorable to me because I wasn't feeling serene or calm at all when we got there. I had just been in an argument and was upset and angry, it was getting dark (just after sunset) but I had promised to take my kids there to throw rocks in the water for a bit, so we went. I was just sitting on the sand watching them when suddenly everything felt perfect. And aligned. That's the best way I can describe it. It wasn't just a feeling of shaking it off and trying to enjoy the moment...everything I was feeling shifted into joy, love, connection & peace without even thinking about it.

But that being said, normally I don't feel an extreme amount of stress, that time stood out because of the extreme emotional shift. Usually I'm pretty laid back and calm, but I can still differentiate that sort of experience when I feel it to just feeling a "normal" level of being chilled out. It just stands out. Personally, I think maybe it could be a sign of tapping into what inner peace feels like. Wouldn't that be nice?

when i am living in the moment i feel this way. unfortunately as soon as i realize i'm living in the moment i am no longer living in the moment and the feeling subsides. yes i experience this feeling often.

I used to get the same feeling you describe at times when I went for a smoke during a workday. But I think it was more about the ocean view from the smoking area combined with the right weather (cool and not too bright) and also from the contrast caused by a stressful day. The smoking was probably more symbolic thing for me, since I can still get those feelings although I quit smoking like a year ago. I think the ocean in general, the exact right kind of wind (can't describe) or the right kind of rain when it's dark (again, can't explain) are the most common factors for me, but it doesn't have to be all of those, any one of them can trigger it for me.

• 3 years later...

*after 3 years, but anyways*
I've been experiencing a simillar feeling since I was little, being the exact same feeling every time. I used to experience this as a child when I was playing with my friends with dolls, but now I'm experiencing it when I watch random, short videos of tutorials on social media.
For me, it's basically feeling serene (i can't find a better word to describe this), like in a few seconds i start feeling like my muscles almost have no power, sort of not being able to be tensioned in any way (that's how i recognise the feeling). I've also noticed my pupils being very contracted in normal light, not being able to be annoyed by anything, being very meticulous (mostly with myself), but acting really slow and chill. Also, being very aware of all the details of what I'm doing and actually doing things perfectly + "extreme" peace, and it feels absolutely great.
It lasts about 2 minutes if I don't try keeping the feeling, if I try it's about 5-6 mins.

Just stumbled across this discussion and wondering if there's some explanation for it. So, anyone else feeling like this?

• 2 weeks later...

Do you meditate ever? I only get that feeling on a rare occasion while meditating.