Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Armed Teen Intruder Shot & Killed

CRYSiiSx2

I always think a robber gets what he deserves when breaking into someone's home, especially when he's threatening young children and women. But this story is sad, because you can read and just tell that this old lady is having a very hard time knowing she had to take the life of a teenager. That being said, I'm glad she was smart and armed herself. Things could have gone very different.

“I looked him dead in his eyes, like I’m looking at you, and I said, ‘Please, please, please don’t hurt us,”' said a tearful Elzie Pipkins as she recounted shooting Devon Antonio Young as he attempted to rob Pipkins in her home.

“I was defending myself, my grandbaby and my great-grandson. We’re innocent people and he came up on us in the house with a loaded shotgun,” she said.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20140106/NEWS03/301060025/Shreveport-homeowner-speaks-out-about-shooting-armed-intruder?gcheck=1

She did the right thing. Stupid punk, dead over $55.00.

If the police are right and that boy was involved in the earlier robbery, he died over more than $55.

I think any loss of life that's preventable is a shame.

The boy should have known better, but he made his bed.

Now he has to lay in it..

This story is a good case of why guns are tools - not evil machines - to preserve life, albeit at the cost of life, in certain situations. Better to have one and not need to use it, than to need it and to not have it, I've always said..

Edited by Oran
  • Like 7

Kind of blows a hole in the anti-gun narrative that gun owners are just a bunch of Wild West shoot-em up types just looking for an excuse to blow someone away, doesn't it?

• Like 4

Kind of blows a hole in the anti-gun narrative that gun owners are just a bunch of Wild West shoot-em up types just looking for an excuse to blow someone away, doesn't it?

Any excuse to perpetuate the propaganda, right?

• Like 2

Well, kind of hard to feel sorry for someone getting shot while breaking into someone else's home. Even if he didn't have a gun, I would say he got what was coming to him. There's nothing more invasive and personal than invading someone's house where all of their family sleeps.

• Like 3

Well, kind of hard to feel sorry for someone getting shot while breaking into someone else's home. Even if he didn't have a gun, I would say he got what was coming to him. There's nothing more invasive and personal than invading someone's house where all of their family sleeps.

Yep, I have to agree.

I would feel as sick as this poor woman does, but I would do anything it takes to protect my family and their well being.