Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

So who is the most powerful Magician now?

LostSouls7

People in olden times talked about Merlin.

In more recent times Crowley.

But who is the most powerful Magician of our times???

Who are some famous magicians...

and which one is more powerful ?

• Like 1

Doc Hilford was pretty good.. oh and that guy who levitates rhinos. ..

Crowley a powerfull Magician? HA!

I hope you are talking Penn & Teller type Magic?

Do not believe the hype.

Harry Dresden, although Harry Potter might be close (given that there are hints that Dresden's father wasn't human that could put him more into Merlin's realm (ie Merlin Satanspawn)).

Stephen Strange used to be fairly powerful, but he's lost a lot of kick when he lost his role as Sorceror Supreme.

Zantana Zantara is fairly powerful, although she's also copped a power drop recently.

The Sorcereress of Greyskull is currently dead.

Gandalf the Grey/The White is currently also dead.

Edited by Sir Wearer of Hats
  • Like 3

David Copperfield. He somehow gets attractive young ladies to keep marrying him. You can't tell me that some sort of enchantment or dark sorcery isn't involved.

People in olden times talked about Merlin.

In more recent times Crowley.

But who is the most powerful Magician of our times???

Who are some famous magicians...

and which one is more powerful ?

i don't think powerful is the right word to use here.

they have no power per se - they are illusionists who prey on the gullibility of their audiences

• Like 1

they have no power per se - they are illusionists who prey on the gullibility of their audiences

That's a power like any other. There's a mentalist aspect to it. The power to affect people's minds. Derren Brown comes to mind. He has repeatedly filmed himself being able to do things like pay for goods with meaningless pieces of paper, and far more bizarre things, just by affecting the mind of the person he was conversing with. It is such a real power, and like any, can be used for good or bad.

• Like 1

I only know from the people I know personally. Famous people are often mostly hype.

• Like 1

That's a power like any other. There's a mentalist aspect to it. The power to affect people's minds. Derren Brown comes to mind. He has repeatedly filmed himself being able to do things like pay for goods with meaningless pieces of paper, and far more bizarre things, just by affecting the mind of the person he was conversing with. It is such a real power, and like any, can be used for good or bad.

i don't consider that power. i guess if one is affected by such things then it is, but i see it as backhanded trickery

David Copperfield. He somehow gets attractive young ladies to keep marrying him. You can't tell me that some sort of enchantment or dark sorcery isn't involved.

I've heard he is good at making things disappear. :innocent:

Sorry I couldn't resist.

Powerful ?

Most powerful ?

You do know " magic " is all illusions correct?

• Like 2

Powerful ?

Most powerful ?

yes but I mean real magic. Not stage magic.

Again, you do know magic is illusions correct?

• Like 4

Powerful ?

Most powerful ?

No, I don't know that. I haven't studied the deep history of all that myself. Have you? Maybe you can teach us something here. We'd have to go way back, though.

Again, you do know magic is illusions correct?

Stage magic is illusions, I think he means ceremonial magic and occult power.

Maybe it would be better phrased, "who is the most powerful occultist?"

In my opinion it's probably not someone in the public eye, most real occult practices take place in secret and those preforming them keep that aspect of their lives quiet. Crowley was a bit of a showboat though.

• Like 1

Harry. Blackstone. Copperfield. Dresden.

No J.C. fans yet?

**edit: I'll leave the thick headed post still, after re-reading the title.

Edited by _Only

As a magician (sort of I use sigils), I can honestly say that if magick does have "power" it's subtle. I've had some strange and definitely weird experience in my life cause of magick. I'm not "powerful" and I don't think powerful magician exist except in books, comics, and tv. For the record I have two powerful magicians Harry Dresden and John Constantine (from the hellblazer series not the move).

• Like 1

David Blaine

Harry Dresden, although Harry Potter might be close (given that there are hints that Dresden's father wasn't human that could put him more into Merlin's realm (ie Merlin Satanspawn)).

Stephen Strange used to be fairly powerful, but he's lost a lot of kick when he lost his role as Sorceror Supreme.

Zantana Zantara is fairly powerful, although she's also copped a power drop recently.

The Sorcereress of Greyskull is currently dead.

Gandalf the Grey/The White is currently also dead.

I'd still go w/ Strange though.

His knowledge alone is so freakin' extensive. Plus i believe he may be something of the unofficial supreme again

• Like 1

I don't follow 'magicians' and witches.. Nor any Wiccans. They all seem to follow all of the same hype.

I've met a few real wiccans who know what they're doing and come up with their own 'magic'. This magic is more of a placebo than anything, but I put real credit towards their herbal remedies.

As for me, I practice things that are more on the dark side, dealing with intent.

As convenient an excuse this is, it's true: People see pieces of the dark, but never fully open their eyes. For me, I witness the consequences of my 'magical' actions everyday. I say 'magic' because it's not magic.. it's intent and concentrated mind work.

• Like 3