Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama signs up for Obamacare Bronze Plan

Yamato

Unless he stops using his free healthcare and decides to......Oh come on.

Did not say he would... in fact,I would not either...

Did not say he would... in fact,I would not either...

No you wouldn't..but..to your credit...you wouldn't have done something as stupid as having someone 'enroll' you in the least expensive plan to show comrad-ary with the proletariat...or ...maybe you would..

The only thing I can think of that tops this is that idiot (sorry I can't think of his name) that donned an army helmet and tank to show he was 'tough' in a presidential bid against the first Bush.

Which is why I am wondering if Mr. Schiff is running out of current material.

In the great circus that is the federal government, Peter Schiff will never run out of material.

And so what, even in slow patches, why can't things from the past be revisited? It's usually when we revisit something where the greatest lessons are learned. Since I subscribe, I know that he's been steady with the free Youtube content since the holidays, like I know that material is consummately available at all times (most of what comes out of the establishment is nonsense/theater), especially to someone who likes to talk as much as Schiff.

Here's current material, if you want to treat Schiff like a newspaper:

it is not a show of solidarity, as Yamato rightfully noticed, it is a frigging circus, what is next? obama lives on minimum wage, and takes public transportation???

He didn't sign up for weeks, until the clowns at FOX news decided to whine about the president, who ALREADY HAS HEALTH INSURANCE, not signing up for ANOTHER plan offered as part of the ACA.

So, with a president that conservative and libertarians automatically don't like, no matter what he does or doesn't do, someone will cry about it. As you've just illustrated.

• Like 2

He didn't sign up for weeks, until the clowns at FOX news decided to whine about the president, who ALREADY HAS HEALTH INSURANCE, not signing up for ANOTHER plan offered as part of the ACA.

So, with a president that conservative and libertarians automatically don't like, no matter what he does or doesn't do, someone will cry about it. As you've just illustrated.

No one was crying because he didn't sign up for Obamacare! Over and over again people have sought to show that this guy has zero leadership qualities...the fact that he has an aid sign him up is an exclamation point to that 'zero leadership qualities' rag. He isn't a leader...he is a divider. He is in fact...The Divider in Chief

No one was crying because he didn't sign up for Obamacare!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!

You apparently either don't watch FOX news, or watch it and drink even more of the Kool Aid then they recommend.

For WEEKS, they harped on Obama not signing up for Obamacare... which would indicate to me that they are banking on their audience being ignorant of what the Affordable Health Care Act actually is... because he already has a health care plan.

Over and over again people have sought to show that this guy has zero leadership qualities

Yea, over and over FOX News and other conservative outlets and politicians have done their best to present the president in that light.

As far as actual leadership qualities, you're going to have to explain what you mean by "leadership qualities" before we can debate that. He's pushed through a very controversial piece of legislation that the opposition has done EVERYTHING they can to malign and insure it's failure, including damaging the countries economy in an attempt to withhold funding. This legislation is basically the first step in changing some fundamental "American" ideas, and I think that takes a certain amount of leadership.

If you don't like the president, that's one thing. But to say he doesn't have leadership ability, when he's won two presidential elections and spearheaded some very controversial legislation is a bit silly and betrays your massive bias, IMO.

• Like 2

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!

You apparently either don't watch FOX news, or watch it and drink even more of the Kool Aid then they recommend.

For WEEKS, they harped on Obama not signing up for Obamacare... which would indicate to me that they are banking on their audience being ignorant of what the Affordable Health Care Act actually is... because he already has a health care plan.

Yea, over and over FOX News and other conservative outlets and politicians have done their best to present the president in that light.

As far as actual leadership qualities, you're going to have to explain what you mean by "leadership qualities" before we can debate that. He's pushed through a very controversial piece of legislation that the opposition has done EVERYTHING they can to malign and insure it's failure, including damaging the countries economy in an attempt to withhold funding. This legislation is basically the first step in changing some fundamental "American" ideas, and I think that takes a certain amount of leadership.

If you don't like the president, that's one thing. But to say he doesn't have leadership ability, when he's won two presidential elections and spearheaded some very controversial legislation is a bit silly and betrays your massive bias, IMO.

I don't watch any TV at all...I don't have one. You basically are what you program yourself to be. I don't want 'their' programming in my brain. But you go ahead and see it all for the 'reality' that it is. Except..it isn't reality. It's all illusion..so have fun arguing with yourself about the illusive reality that you have allowed yourself to be programmed with.

• Like 1

I don't watch any TV at all...I don't have one.

So you don't watch TV, yet you were comfortable with claiming that nobody was complaining about obama not signing up for Obamacare.

You basically are what you program yourself to be. I don't want 'their' programming in my brain. But you go ahead and see it all for the 'reality' that it is. Except..it isn't reality. It's all illusion..so have fun arguing with yourself about the illusive reality that you have allowed yourself to be programmed wi

Program illusion what now?

Smoke another.

So you don't watch TV, yet you were comfortable with claiming that nobody was complaining about obama not signing up for Obamacare.

Program illusion what now?

Smoke another.

See, you don't even get it because you listen to all the talking heads...I don't need to hear them...I don't care what they say...they are getting paid to say stuff...I could care less....but you care...why? Cause you apparently think it is all real.

See, you don't even get it because you listen to all the talking heads...I don't need to hear them...I don't care what they say...they are getting paid to say stuff...I could care less....but you care...why? Cause you apparently think it is all real.

You are making a lot of assumptions.

However if you don't know what the media is saying, you really shouldn't comment on the media.

Cause you apparently think it is all real.

Yes, I think that the Affordable Care Act is real.

I also think FOX news is real, and that politicians are real, and the way they try to manipulate public opinion through half-truths and spin is also real.

If you want to understand the country in which you live, and why people vote and think the way they do, you have to understand the media.

You are making a lot of assumptions.

However if you don't know what the media is saying, you really shouldn't comment on the media.

Yes, I think that the Affordable Care Act is real.

I also think FOX news is real, and that politicians are real, and the way they try to manipulate public opinion through half-truths and spin is also real.

If you want to understand the country in which you live, and why people vote and think the way they do, you have to understand the media.

...and you obviously don't. You are buying what they are selling hook, line and sinker.

they try to manipulate public opinion through half-truths and spin

'they' are the media...FOX is no different than CNN...maybe a different message but what you said in bold is true...THEY are the media..THEY are spinning you my friend...and they can spin you and they can and do and are manipulating you...not me...cause I'm not buying their crap...but you are..and so...they have their place in society...and you have your place in society...and I have my place in society. It's all working out isn't it?

they' are the media...FOX is no different than CNN...maybe a different message but what you said in bold is true...THEY are the media..THEY are spinning you my friend...

My undergrad degree is in broadcast Journalism. I thoroughly enjoy watching television news and analyzing the bias and spin. This doesn't mean that I'm subscribing to the bias and spin.

do and are manipulating you...not me...cause I'm not buying their crap...but you are..and so...they have their place in society...and you have your place in society...and I have my place in society. It's all working out isn't it?

What the F are you talking about? Are you high right now?

You've somehow taken the fact that I watch enough FOX News to know that they were making a big stink out of Obama not signing up for Obamacare for the first few weeks and created some scenario in your head involving your preconceived notions.

Let's not forget that this discussion is taking place because you made an ignorant comment claiming that nobody was whining about Obama not signing up for Obamacare... so right there is some pretty good evidence that you were admittedly talking about something you knew nothing about. Which is a good reason that if you are going to debate someone about what's going on in the media, you should maybe watch or listen to that media at least a little.

If you don't want to, because you are afraid that they are going to color your grasp of reality, that's up to you. But then don't comment on what the media is or isn't saying or doing.

My undergrad degree is in broadcast Journalism. I thoroughly enjoy watching television news and analyzing the bias and spin. This doesn't mean that I'm subscribing to the bias and spin.

What the F are you talking about? Are you high right now?

You've somehow taken the fact that I watch enough FOX News to know that they were making a big stink out of Obama not signing up for Obamacare for the first few weeks and created some scenario in your head involving your preconceived notions.

Let's not forget that this discussion is taking place because you made an ignorant comment claiming that nobody was whining about Obama not signing up for Obamacare... so right there is some pretty good evidence that you were admittedly talking about something you knew nothing about. Which is a good reason that if you are going to debate someone about what's going on in the media, you should maybe watch or listen to that media at least a little.

If you don't want to, because you are afraid that they are going to color your grasp of reality, that's up to you. But then don't comment on what the media is or isn't saying or doing.

That you have a degree in journalism pretty much says it all...welcome to the crap machine! Ten years from now, when you are sick to death of it because you realize I'm right about everything...go do voice overs....that's where the real money is anyway.

That you have a degree in journalism pretty much says it all...welcome to the crap machine! Ten years from now, when you are sick to death of it because you realize I'm right about everything...go do voice overs....that's where the real money is anyway.

I actually don't work in that field anymore.

I also think it's pretty ironic that you claim to avoid television news because of whatever "spin, place in society, crap" you're going on about, but you visit and read this forum.

Yea, nothing but unbiased, spin-free communication going on here....

.Ten years from now, when you are sick to death of it because you realize I'm right about everything....

Isn't this precisely what you accuse me of, despite the fact that I never talk like that? If we were all working for the media, you'd be the Projector.

And after that verbal lashing you just gave another member, you're no more immune to the "spin, crap, or place in society" than he is. "I don't watch TV" is a copout and you're repeating it enough that you think it gives you some degree of immunity in a debate. Sorry, the internet and AM radio aren't immune to even one of the accusations you've thrown.

I'll Bash George W. Bush better and faster than anyone else here. Peter Schiff was hard on the Bush too, so your little piece of political spin here doesn't apply to this thread. If some Republitard becomes President again, Yamato won't go to sleep like the usual partisan does. It's just pathetic that a US President is so disconnected from reality, he can't even use the damn internet for five minutes to test drive the pile of crap his name is on.

I'll Bash George W. Bush better and faster than anyone else here. Peter Schiff was hard on the Bush too, so your little piece of political spin here doesn't apply to this thread.

It is not spin, and it applies PRECISELY. Because when Obama didn't sign up for a plan under the ACA, the anti-obama crowd was harping HARD on it. Now that he's signed up, they are harping on it for being symbolic and spin and whatever....

Now that he's enrolled, your problem is what? That he was not the one who physically pressed the buttons on a keyboard?

It's just pathetic that a US President is so disconnected from reality, he can't even use the damn internet for five minutes to test drive the pile of crap his name is on

I work for a company that makes certain electronic equipment. My boss doesn't test the equipment. He gets paid money to run the project and organize a team of mechanical engineers, electric engineers, software developers, technical instructors, test technicians, and the actual manufacturing staff. He doesn't test anything. Because he has more important things to do in leading the entire project.

I suspect that it's the same with the president.

I suspect that if the president had physically pressed the buttons to enroll himself in a second health care plan, the same crowd would be crying about him wasting time making photo ops.

• Like 1

I actually don't work in that field anymore.

I also think it's pretty ironic that you claim to avoid television news because of whatever "spin, place in society, crap" you're going on about, but you visit and read this forum.

Yea, nothing but unbiased, spin-free communication going on here....

This forum is exactly what journalism used to be. People searching for the truth. The Media isn't interested in truth...they are interested only in an agenda perpetuated by the left...if you are unable to see that...it is because you choose to wear blinders...and your lack of vision has nothing to do with my clarity.

It is not spin, and it applies PRECISELY. Because when Obama didn't sign up for a plan under the ACA, the anti-obama crowd was harping HARD on it. Now that he's signed up, they are harping on it for being symbolic and spin and whatever....

I think you are spinning now. The gripe isn't that he didn't sign up but that he and his cohorts and his union pals, or basically every prick that biched and moaned and campaigned for it and told the world how great it is and how NOTHING will change if you are happy with what you got unless they decide for you that you aren't happy and your plans sucks regardless of your opinion, are exempt from the law.

The other gripe is that it's fake as shlt, this symbolic sign up. He is not our dear leader. He is an elected leader, a servant of the people treating US like serfs. How wonderful of him to pretend to be one of US. Praise him for slamming US with an ill gotten tax via altimatum, a financial burden in every way and a heavy weight on our shoulders.

Real symbolism, given such a wonderful piece of crowbarred legislation, would have been a primary alteration to the way in which the house, senate and the administration receive their health insurance. The symbolism, written into the law, would be that those mentioned no longer receive their healthcare from the American people. Indirectly yes but they would have to make do on their salaries and use the exchanges on their own time and dime. Now that would be a respectable gesture.

This forum is exactly what journalism used to be. People searching for the truth.

You do know that this is www.unexplained-mysteries.com, right?

I think you have this forum confused with one that doesn't host a large number of participants who believe in bigfoot, ghosts, and lizards that secretly run the government.

I think you should consider replacing unexplained-mysteries.com as your source in a search for truth.

The gripe isn't that he didn't sign up but that he and his cohorts and his union pals, or basically every prick that biched and moaned and campaigned for it and told the world how great it is and how NOTHING will change if you are happy with what you got unless they decide for you that you aren't happy and your plans sucks regardless of your opinion, are exempt from the law.

Nobody is "exempt from the law."

Your comments make me believe that you are another person who doesn't actually understand what the Affordable Care Act is.

Let me break it down for you in an oversimplification, since you don't seem to have even the basic understanding of the ACA:

1- All people must have a health care plan that meets minimum standards (The president, congress, and nearly every Union in the united states already have health care that meet minimum standards)

2- If you don't enroll into a health care plan that meets minimum standards, you will pay a tax

3- If you cannot afford a health care plan offered to the public by private insurers on the public market, you can use HealthCare.gov to compare available plans and pick one based on coverage and your income level.

In case you don't know, which I am pretty sure you DON'T, the tax penalty for refusing to get health insurance is 95 dollars for an adult, 47.50 per child, or 1% of your income.

So the people on this forum who are making all sorts of outlandish claims that they are going to be put in jail for not getting health insurance, or that the Affordable Care Act has bankrupted them are either lying or completely ignorant.

Edited by Neognosis
  • Like 1

You do know that this is www.unexplained-mysteries.com, right?

I think you have this forum confused with one that doesn't host a large number of participants who believe in bigfoot, ghosts, and lizards that secretly run the government.

I think you should consider replacing unexplained-mysteries.com as your source in a search for truth.

I disagree completely. UM is a perfect analogy for what we are talking about. You have people who WANT others to believe in Reptilians and BigFoot, and they create elaborate hoaxes to get people to believe, while all along they have their own secret agenda for fooling folks...then you have people who are not drawn into all the hoopla surrounding the 'belief show' and go to great ends to illustrate the truth ..through research and EVIDENCE. Then you have, in the Political Spectrum, those who wish to deceive others and go to great lengths to fool the public...and then you have those who only want to illustrate the truth. We use to call those who want to illustrate the TRUTH...journalists. Because they would RESEARCH and find evidence of the actual truth and report that. Now, we have a conglomeration of entities that take talking points and repeat them over and over and over, drumming them into the minds of the Proletariat.

The media is a Government Tool...the sooner you understand that, the sooner you yourself will be on a search for truth.

I'll give you an example: Obama and Benghazi. What is the truth to Obama and Hillaries story about a B movie on YouTUBE as being soley responsible for the attack on our Embassy and the murder of our Ambassador? You are a trained journalist. What is the truth?

^^ I'll bet the truth is whatever Jay Carney said it was. Besides, Benghazi was a long time ago so what difference does it make?

Nobody is "exempt from the law."

Your comments make me believe that you are another person who doesn't actually understand what the Affordable Care Act is.

Let me break it down for you in an oversimplification, since you don't seem to have even the basic understanding of the ACA:

1- All people must have a health care plan that meets minimum standards (The president, congress, and nearly every Union in the united states already have health care that meet minimum standards)

2- If you don't enroll into a health care plan that meets minimum standards, you will pay a tax

3- If you cannot afford a health care plan offered to the public by private insurers on the public market, you can use HealthCare.gov to compare available plans and pick one based on coverage and your income level.

In case you don't know, which I am pretty sure you DON'T, the tax penalty for refusing to get health insurance is 95 dollars for an adult, 47.50 per child, or 1% of your income.

So the people on this forum who are making all sorts of outlandish claims that they are going to be put in jail for not getting health insurance, or that the Affordable Care Act has bankrupted them are either lying or completely ignorant.

If UM is so expectedly bad what are you getting all worked up for?

Perhaps no full on exemptions, except American Indians, but there is cronyism abound and all kind of less than honorable rule changes for all of those I mentioned, namely unions.

1. I'm not complying.

2. I'm not paying.

3. That address will never be typed into my browser.

Your comments make me believe that you are another person who doesn't actually understand what the Affordable Care Act is and is prone to, perhaps intentionally, spread misinformation. I think you know darn well you aren't telling the whole truth about the penalty. Where's your journalistic integrity truth seeker? $95 plain and simple huh? An outlandish claim that everybody who frequents these US forums will concur with.

Also concurable is that there is no threat of jail time. So stop making stuff up. We all know that as it is written in the law. Also no IRS authority to file liens, credit reports or ability to garnish wages or issue audits. They will however steal the fine from your tax return. So the real threat isn't to be made a criminal but to threaten you with financial ruin if you don't comply and for many to comply equates to financial disarray. I pay my own taxes and will not write a check for the fine. These nothing you or anyone else can do about it legally though I'm not naive enough to believe that the administrations and IRS won't use back door strong arm tactics to make non-compliant citizens lives miserable.

• Like 1

Your comments make me believe that you are another person who doesn't actually understand what the Affordable Care Act is and is prone to, perhaps intentionally, spread misinformation. I think you know darn well you aren't telling the whole truth about the penalty. Where's your journalistic integrity truth seeker? $95 plain and simple huh? An outlandish claim that everybody who frequents these US forums will concur with.

So far you've made outlandish accusations and now shown anything to support your ranting.

The tax penalty is 95 dollars or 1% of your income.

They will however steal the fine from your tax return.

"steal?"

It's not "stealing" if it is a tax that you have to pay if you choose to not acquire health care.

So the real threat isn't to be made a criminal but to threaten you with financial ruin if you don't comply and for many to comply equates to financial disarray.

95 dollars equates to financial ruin for you?

I make 70,000 a year, so I would have to pay a 700 dollar tax penalty. That is hardly going to ruin me financially. If it is, they I must be PRETTY terrible with money.

These nothing you or anyone else can do about it legally though I'm not naive enough to believe that the administrations and IRS won't use back door strong arm tactics to make non-compliant citizens lives miserable.

Yes, they will charge you a 95 dollar or 1% of your income tax penalty.

Yes, they will charge you a 95 dollar or 1% of your income tax penalty.

I see you totally ignored my question about the truth of Benghazi.

I couldn't make out a question amidst all the nonsensical rambling, or see how the Bhangazi incident relates to the misinformation about the ACA.