Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mysterious Object (pics)

stang56k

CAM00216.jpgCAM00212.jpgCAM00208.jpgCAM00215-1.jpgCAM00211.jpgCAM00209.jpgCAM00215.jpgCAM00213.jpg

Anyone have any thoughts to what this might be?

These were taken on an LG Optimus L9, Memphis Tennessee

Was this something that you saw and took pictures of or something that you saw after the fact when you uploaded the images?

If you did see it and then take pictures, then a bit more of an explanation would be helpful. Did it look to the naked eye as out of focus as it appears in the image? Was it moving? If so, what was it's behaviour? How long did you observe it for, etc.?

Any chance of uploading one of the original pictures exactly as it came from the camera - no cropping or resizing?

Edited by JesseCuster
  • Like 4

Well it certainly looks like a reflection on the lens or it could just be a cloud. Sometimes they just appear like that due to atmospheric anomalies.

• Like 2

Why were you taking pictures of the sky like that? Im guessing that you didnt see that blob until after the fact?

No, this looks like something close to the camera to me,... like the old "orb" effect.

Looks like the Moon to me. Seen through some haze.

• Like 1

Looks like the Moon to me. Seen through some haze.

The moon was " out " today when we went up the river for a drive. At about 11 AM , Arizona time.

I was thinking the same.

• Like 1

There are 5 more days until full moon in Memphis.. This is why i never leave the house without a decent camera.

Anyone have any thoughts to what this might be?

These were taken on an LG Optimus L9, Memphis Tennessee

-date?

-time?

-direction of view?

I think the aliens got him.

• Like 1

Ok, i took these pictures on November 11, 2013 @ 5:00ish pm in lakeland, tn. They are all originals with each picture being its own shot. Not altered in any way. My 5 year old son and I were out in the back yard throwing a baseball back and forth. He over threw a ball so i went to go get it, bent over to pick the ball up, and on my way back up to an upright position (roughly facing west northwest direction) this thing caught my eye. It was definately a cloud. I know clouds can look like things or at least appear to do so, but this was (for the vast majority) the only cloud in the sky. It was perfectly round as you can see. I tol my son to go get my phone so i could take some pics, so i did. As it passed, it morphed into what obviously looks like a face or portrait of a head with arched sides. When my son gave the phone to me i started to take shots. At the same time i was doing this, i asked him if he sees what i am taking pictures of, he said well yeah. I asked him what he thinks it is and with no hesitation he said, oh that just my guardian angel, and went back to playing baseball and doing little boy stuff like it wasnt a big deal. I watched it for another minute or so until it only looked like any other small cloud in the sky. So, there is the basic story.

Ok, i took these pictures on November 11, 2013 @ 5:00ish pm in lakeland, tn. They are all originals with each picture being its own shot. Not altered in any way. My 5 year old son and I were out in the back yard throwing a baseball back and forth. He over threw a ball so i went to go get it, bent over to pick the ball up, and on my way back up to an upright position (roughly facing west northwest direction) this thing caught my eye. It was definately a cloud. I know clouds can look like things or at least appear to do so, but this was (for the vast majority) the only cloud in the sky. It was perfectly round as you can see. I tol my son to go get my phone so i could take some pics, so i did. As it passed, it morphed into what obviously looks like a face or portrait of a head with arched sides. When my son gave the phone to me i started to take shots. At the same time i was doing this, i asked him if he sees what i am taking pictures of, he said well yeah. I asked him what he thinks it is and with no hesitation he said, oh thats just my guardian angel, and went back to playing baseball and doing little boy stuff like it wasnt a big deal. I watched it for another minute or so until it only looked like any other small cloud in the sky. So, there is the basic story.

Ok, i took these pictures on November 11, 2013 @ 5:00ish pm in lakeland, tn. They are all originals with each picture being its own shot. Not altered in any way. My 5 year old son and I were out in the back yard throwing a baseball back and forth. He over threw a ball so i went to go get it, bent over to pick the ball up, and on my way back up to an upright position (roughly facing west northwest direction) this thing caught my eye. It was definately a cloud. I know clouds can look like things or at least appear to do so, but this was (for the vast majority) the only cloud in the sky. It was perfectly round as you can see. I tol my son to go get my phone so i could take some pics, so i did. As it passed, it morphed into what obviously looks like a face or portrait of a head with arched sides. When my son gave the phone to me i started to take shots. At the same time i was doing this, i asked him if he sees what i am taking pictures of, he said well yeah. I asked him what he thinks it is and with no hesitation he said, oh thats just my guardian angel, and went back to playing baseball and doing little boy stuff like it wasnt a big deal. I watched it for another minute or so until it only looked like any other small cloud in the sky. So, there is the basic story.

• Like 1

Was this something that you saw and took pictures of or something that you saw after the fact when you uploaded the images?

If you did see it and then take pictures, then a bit more of an explanation would be helpful. Did it look to the naked eye as out of focus as it appears in the image? Was it moving? If so, what was it's behaviour? How long did you observe it for, etc.?

Any chance of uploading one of the original pictures exactly as it came from the camera - no cropping or resizing?

Jesse,

The cloud was clear and full of detail. My camera on the phone only has a resolution of 1000x900ish or so. I at least have some proof of what i did see. It was moving linerally like a cloud, slow, steady, etc. Too, i tried to use the zoom on the camera, that is why some might think i cropped those slides out of the zoomed out slides, but i didnt. On top of that, it was 5pm, lower ambient light equals a "grainier" image for me.

So, a cloud then.... Thanks.

So, how often do you see a lone cloud, highly detailed, that looks ecectly like a portrait or a face?! Never.

So, how often do you see a lone cloud, highly detailed, that looks ecectly like a portrait or a face?! Never.

I have seen a lonley small cloud in the blue sky many times. In many different countries. Nothing strange about that. And we all know that clouds are famous for activating the old Pareidolia effect in our brains.

http://www.livescien...pareidolia.html

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Pareidolia

http://www.skepdic.com/pareidol.html

Edited by DBunker

It's not highly detailed and it doesn't look like a portrait of a face. It's a fuzzy blob.
  • Like 3

I have seen a lonley small cloud in the blue sky many times. In many different countries. Nothing strange about that. And we all know that clouds are famous for activating the old Pareidolia effect in our brains.

http://www.livescien...pareidolia.html

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Pareidolia

http://www.skepdic.com/pareidol.html

I totally agree with you, every one sees "THINGS" in clouds (animals, objects, etc.) I know the difference. you simply and immediately write it off as a cloud as i did. My point wasnt to let people identify what IT is, but as to what it was.