Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Unsealed: Alien Files.... Seriously?

seeder

quote:

"While searching for something interesting to watch, I stumbled across a program called Unsealed: Alien Files and my only comment is, "Seriously?"

This is one of the reasons that we have trouble getting science and journalism to take UFO reports seriously. It is one of the reasons that so many people have so little time for UFOs or who believe those seeing UFOs are deluded. This program, in the guise of a documentary, was filled with every half-baked idea, every conspiracy theory associated with UFOs, and every lousy piece of evidence available. It was horrendous.

keep reading

http://kevinrandle.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/unsealed-alien-files-seriously.html

• Like 2

Well, according to some, it's a disinformation tactic to make the People think that there is nothing to the whole subject and it's all nothing but a load of half-baked nonsense and that's why Governments make a big thing of releasing their "UFO Files". And that Nick Pope was solely responsible for handling UFO reports at the MOD, and no one else took any interest at all.

Another selected paragraph for those who wont or cant read the whole page

There really isn’t much to say about this series. It is based on paranoia, the lies of some people who claim intimate knowledge of these clandestine events, and every rumor that has ever been spread inside the UFO community. This is the sort of thing that I have fought for a long time.

People claiming military records and credentials who don’t have them, stories that can be checked through documentation such as the Foo Fighter incident centered around the USS New York that don’t check out, and the other nonsense that circulates through the Internet. If we are ever going to learn the truth here, we must clear away the nonsense around us. Unsealed: Alien Files just piles it deeper and deeper and makes the job harder and harder. We really don’t need this.

Now I dont know which exact show in the series he mentions but heres another one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7IJxA_Pk_o

These damned aliens must be everywhere, and all the time too :lol:

Edited by seeder

What was the Foo fighter incident involving the USS New York, then?

One of the comments make a fair point; this was, it says in the story, about one o'clock in the Afternoon. Would Venus be visible at one o'clock in the afternoon? have you ever seen it or any star during the daytime ? Surely there's a flaw with that explanation right there.

Any alien themed TV show where the voice over as a voice like a bloke eating coal dust is good enough for me :tu:

• Like 2

There has always been a crank section of the ufo community but it seems to me that the internet has unleashed so much rubbish that there are now thousands of gullible idiots believing virtually anything,usually without a scrap of evidence.I agree with Kevin Randle,people like this are killing ufology

• Like 3

Well, according to some, it's a disinformation tactic to make the People think that there is nothing to the whole subject and it's all nothing but a load of half-baked nonsense and that's why Governments make a big thing of releasing their "UFO Files". And that Nick Pope was solely responsible for handling UFO reports at the MOD, and no one else took any interest at all.

Yes, it's always win-win for the alienz believers. If they put a decent team on, it would be because they are taking it seriously. If they put someone gullible and inexperienced (a special hi to Nick Pope) on, they were hiding the real team.. If they ignored it completely, they were hiding the real team... If they release the files, they were keeping back the important ones. If they didn't..... well, we all (esp. the Colonel) know the routine. Everything is a disinformation tactic, right Colonel?

Colonel, just curious, which case is THE ONE for you? The best one, the one that proves beyond any reasonable doubt, the one with genuine real evidence? Or has the lucky old government always been at the right place or the right time to grab all the really cool stuff?

• Like 1

One of the comments make a fair point; this was, it says in the story, about one o'clock in the Afternoon. Would Venus be visible at one o'clock in the afternoon? have you ever seen it or any star during the daytime ? Surely there's a flaw with that explanation right there.

Dependent on date, and Observing conditions, then Venus is certainly visible in the afternoon.

Example: http://www.fourmilab.ch/images/venus_daytime/

Dependent on date, and Observing conditions, then Venus is certainly visible in the afternoon.

Example: http://www.fourmilab.../venus_daytime/

Yes, indeed, I've found it up there even near midday and close to the Sun.. But it would be fair to say it doesn't leap out at you as it isn't much brighter than the blue sky - and if the Sun is in your field of view, then it is very difficult to spot.. Really the Sun needs to be close to the horizon before it starts to jump out of the sky like a UFO...

Yea Venus is occasionally visible during the day in North East Scotland around that time and a bit later, sometimes dim, sometimes as bright as aircraft lights which pass in line heading to Dyce Airport.

I saw an episode of this show...I thought it was pretty silly. IMO it's right up there with 'Finding Bigfoot' and 'Ghost Hunters' on the silly scale.

• Like 1

There has always been a crank section of the ufo community but it seems to me that the internet has unleashed so much rubbish that there are now thousands of gullible idiots believing virtually anything,usually without a scrap of evidence.I agree with Kevin Randle,people like this are killing ufology

No doubt.

Edited by DBunker

Yes, it's always win-win for the alienz believers. If they put a decent team on, it would be because they are taking it seriously. If they put someone gullible and inexperienced (a special hi to Nick Pope) on, they were hiding the real team.. If they ignored it completely, they were hiding the real team... If they release the files, they were keeping back the important ones. If they didn't..... well, we all (esp. the Colonel) know the routine. Everything is a disinformation tactic, right Colonel?

Colonel, just curious, which case is THE ONE for you? The best one, the one that proves beyond any reasonable doubt, the one with genuine real evidence? Or has the lucky old government always been at the right place or the right time to grab all the really cool stuff?

oh for pity's sake, please stop assuming I'm some loony believer, just because I don't automatically reach for the hosepipe to pour cold water on everything that anyone ever mentions. And for heavens sake, if you were look in the Conspiracies & Secret Societies section, surely you'd realise that I don't believe in 98% of these conspiracy theories and so on. Have you ever thought that I might be being tongue in cheek sometimes?
  • Like 3

oh for pity's sake, please stop assuming I'm some loony believer, just because I don't automatically reach for the hosepipe to pour cold water on everything that anyone ever mentions.

So, you would rather that this site was *not* about explaining mysteries? Why get upset that people like me might point out that there isn't ONE single compellingly 'otherworldly' case, and ZERO evidence?

When putting out fires, it *is* generally best to pour cold water over all outbreaks, if you get the lousy analogy...

And for heavens sake, if you were look in the Conspiracies & Secret Societies section, surely you'd realise that I don't believe in 98% of these conspiracy theories and so on.

Land sakes, who said you did? :D It's ok to argue, but how's about you don't make up things to get cross about..? Anyway, now that you have identified that you believe 2%, which one is at the top of those again? Or will you completely avoid the question again?

Have you ever thought that I might be being tongue in cheek sometimes?

Have you ever thought that you are talking to an audience ranging from incredibly gullible to very knowledgeable? Have you ever thought that if you do it too often, it could be considered trolling? Me, I always try to remember to use smilies. That's what they are there for..

• Like 2

So, you would rather that this site was *not* about explaining mysteries? Why get upset that people like me might point out that there isn't ONE single compellingly 'otherworldly' case, and ZERO evidence?

When putting out fires, it *is* generally best to pour cold water over all outbreaks, if you get the lousy analogy...

Land sakes, who said you did? :D It's ok to argue, but how's about you don't make up things to get cross about..? Anyway, now that you have identified that you believe 2%, which one is at the top of those again? Or will you completely avoid the question again?

Have you ever thought that you are talking to an audience ranging from incredibly gullible to very knowledgeable? Have you ever thought that if you do it too often, it could be considered trolling? Me, I always try to remember to use smilies. That's what they are there for..

Oh for pity's sake, not you too. What is it about the UFO forum that make people so eager to accuse me of trolling. Why do people feel that they have to take the responsibility upon themselves to protect the gullible from frauds and charlatans? And anyway, what did I say that you Challenged me about? Let me see what it was.

"Well, according to some, it's a disinformation tactic to make the People think that there is nothing to the whole subject and it's all nothing but a load of half-baked nonsense and that's why Governments make a big thing of releasing their "UFO Files". And that Nick Pope was solely responsible for handling UFO reports at the MOD, and no one else took any interest at all."

Actually I think that is a perfectly reasonable argument. I was being partly tongue in cheek, but it is what many people say after all, and after all, does anyone really believe that the stuff that Governements put out when they "release their UFO Files" is all they know on the subject? Do you really believe that? Do you really believe that Nick "Publicity Opportunity" Pope was the only one at the MOD who was responsible for handling UFO reports? I think that anyone who did believe that would be the gullible one, not the mad loony believers in Ale E Unz. So was it trolling to say that? Some might say that accusing people of trolling is trolling in itself, or at least is very provocative.

" Anyway, now that you have identified that you believe 2%, which one is at the top of those again? Or will you completely avoid the question again?"

And again I'm being challenged to answer the question. It may not be precisely 98%. It might be anywhere in the range between 94 and 98. Anyway, that's irrelevant to this subject area, so I will, if you don't mind, plead the fifth Amendment, which is one of things that Mr. Obama is of course going to scrap as soon as part of his plan to declare himself Dictator and ...

darn, I've given it away now. :blush:*

* Yes, it was tongue in cheek! Well spotted!

• Like 1

Oh, mercy sakes, Colonel!! Couldn't you see I was just having a bit of fun, - surely you realised I had my tongue in cheek, just like you say you do? Is it only annoying when people do it back to you?

Maybe you should have a bit of a think about that...

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I just started watching Alien Files and wondered if anyone could prove it was true or fictional? It definitely made me wonder,though some of it seems a bit out there!

• Like 1

I have seen the show. And yes it is ****.

:D

I have seen the show. And yes it is ****.

:D

• Like 1

quote:

"While searching for something interesting to watch, I stumbled across a program called Unsealed: Alien Files and my only comment is, "Seriously?"

This is one of the reasons that we have trouble getting science and journalism to take UFO reports seriously. It is one of the reasons that so many people have so little time for UFOs or who believe those seeing UFOs are deluded. This program, in the guise of a documentary, was filled with every half-baked idea, every conspiracy theory associated with UFOs, and every lousy piece of evidence available. It was horrendous.

keep reading

http://kevinrandle.b...-seriously.html

so zoser's baby project?
  • Like 2

I have watched only one episode, which put nothing but a negative and cynical spin on the whole UFO phenomenon.

Propaganda in it's finest form...nuff said.

Kierkegaard observed that there are 2 ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true, and the other is to refuse to believe what actually is true.

• Like 1