Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Skycentrism: Binocular Effect

skycentrism

No evidence or reason is given for these objects being impossible to see.

The horizon is where the sky appears to meet the ground or water, objects can still be seen beyond the horizon.

http://mintaka.sdsu.edu/GF/explain/atmos_refr/horizon.html

No evidence or reason is given for these objects being impossible to see.

The horizon is where the sky appears to meet the ground or water, objects can still be seen beyond the horizon.

http://mintaka.sdsu....fr/horizon.html

Downwards refraction ? Unfortunately light bends up. You can even check it on your own.

Downwards refraction ? Unfortunately light bends up. You can even check it on your own.

Seems like you're wrong.

http://ffden-2.phys.uaf.edu/632spring2009_web.dir/ness_spencer/ref3.html

Laser is not a sunray and water is not the atmosphere. See these:

Nice try, you're going to dodge now? You said light bends up, I showed it doesn't always. Now you're giving me bull**** videos?

Nice try, you're going to dodge now? You said light bends up, I showed it doesn't always. Now you're giving me bull**** videos?

What do you mean doesn't always ? The light follows the curvature of Earth or bends against it. I'm telling you it bends up and you can check it on your own.

How about explaining in your own words what your conspiracy claim is? Some of us have to pay quite a lot for bandwidth .. and this being a discussion forum and all... it's just politeness.

Arguing by youtube is the absolute lowest form of debate...

• Like 3

How about explaining in your own words what your conspiracy claim is? Some of us have to pay quite a lot for bandwidth .. and this being a discussion forum and all... it's just politeness.

Arguing by youtube is the absolute lowest form of debate...

My previous thread was locked. Supposedly for impolite atmosphere. I don't think so. I was just continuously attacked and simply tried to defend myself.

What should happen with center of the image after optical zooming ? Should it move in some direction or remain just where it was ?

My previous thread was locked. Supposedly for impolite atmosphere. I don't think so. I was just continuously attacked and simply tried to defend myself.

What should happen with center of the image after optical zooming ? Should it move in some direction or remain just where it was ?

Well, I'd have to say if that question is your conspiracy, then perhaps it is no wonder what happened..

"What should happen with center of image after optical zooming?" ?? Without qualifying why you are asking, that is either blindingly simple or very, very complex.

Given you have not specified any assumptions whatsoever, then here's my qualified answer...

ASSUMING that we are talking about a theoretical and 'perfect' lens, an unmoving camera/lens, an unmoving object and no atmospheric effects, then the center (central area??) of the image (will be larger and) remain in the optical centre of the image frame.

Surely that is self-evident? If you have some other point you were trying to make, then I suggest you think a bit more carefully about how to ask the question, and perhaps make your point up front.

Well, I'd have to say if that question is your conspiracy, then perhaps it is no wonder what happened..

"What should happen with center of image after optical zooming?" ?? Without qualifying why you are asking, that is either blindingly simple or very, very complex.

Given you have not specified any assumptions whatsoever, then here's my qualified answer...

ASSUMING that we are talking about a theoretical and 'perfect' lens, an unmoving camera/lens, an unmoving object and no atmospheric effects, then the center (central area??) of the image (will be larger and) remain in the optical centre of the image frame.

Surely that is self-evident? If you have some other point you were trying to make, then I suggest you think a bit more carefully about how to ask the question, and perhaps make your point up front.

Atmospheric effects have nothing to do with this. If the camera is working fine then the center should remain where it was. Officially it's enlarging the object with optical zoom, as you said, I will refer to this later.

What if the camera/camcorder is 1.leveled with a libella and 2.not leveled but simply put on a tripod. How will the center of the image behave ? Does it have a meaning at all whether it's leveled or not ? In both cases it's still in a solid position so it's not about moving the camera or not BUT maintaining the level.

Light does not bend. It travels in a straight line unless it interacts with matter.

The video simply shows that it is possible to see objects that extend above the horizon. Whoopee doo. My kids figured this out when they were under the age of 5.

This sort of reminds me of people that think radio waves curve around the Earth. They travel in straight lines as well.

Light does not bend. It travels in a straight line unless it interacts with matter.

The video simply shows that it is possible to see objects that extend above the horizon. Whoopee doo. My kids figured this out when they were under the age of 5.

Sorry but you're bluffing.

How does the ship extend over the horizon in this video ? Tell me please, that's interesting. lol.

Edited by skycentrism

How?

enable annotations.

[media=]

[/media]

On both the windmill and the ship you are not seeing the very bottom of them EXACTLY as expected. Not sure I believe the camera height at 3 meters as you can see it looks to be higher than that at the beginning of the video. Where did you get the distance to the ship? Are you trying to claim the Earth is flat? Can you actually make a point? So far you've danced around it and tried to play games.

Edited by frenat
  • Like 2

On both the windmill and the ship you are not seeing the very bottom of them EXACTLY as expected. Not sure I believe the camera height at 3 meters as you can see it looks to be higher than that at the beginning of the video. Where did you get the distance to the ship? Are you trying to claim the Earth is flat? Can you actually make a point? So far you've danced around it and tried to play games.

It's from Pentax. They got them from the officials. Looks to be higher ? Exactly, just for you, besides, no proof for that. Here's the camera: http://ccddirect.com...technology.html

So how much of the ship can you see ?

Not flat, but concave.

http://members.home....eas/radcalc.htm

Edited by skycentrism

Again:

What if the camera/camcorder is 1.leveled with a libella and 2.not leveled but simply put on a tripod. How will the center of the image behave in both cases after zooming ? Does it have a meaning at all whether it's leveled or not ? In both cases it's still in a solid position so it's not about moving the camera or not BUT maintaining the level.

Edited by skycentrism

It took a while but I think I got it now (it´s Saturday!). The OPs main claim is not to discuss a visual effect. Check sub-topic information:

Quote : "Both objects seen on this movie after zooming would be impossible to see on a convex Earth"

Means, this topic is planned take the loop to the OPs initial, and closed due to nonsense, topic about the hollow/flat/ concave/whatever earth theory.

http://www.unexplain...3

So:

post-143986-0-81495300-1389455000_thumb.

It took a while but I think I got it now (it´s Saturday!). The OPs main claim is not to discuss a visual effect. Check sub-topic information:

Quote : "Both objects seen on this movie after zooming would be impossible to see on a convex Earth"

Means, this topic is planned take the loop to the OPs initial, and closed due to nonsense, topic about the hollow/flat/ concave/whatever earth theory.

http://www.unexplain...3

So:

I ask simple questions and you can't handle them. Why get mad ?

It's from Pentax. They got them from the officials. Looks to be higher ? Exactly, just for you, besides, no proof for that. Here's the camera: http://ccddirect.com...technology.html

So how much of the ship can you see ?

Not flat, but concave.

http://members.home....eas/radcalc.htm

The camera zooms in from ground which is already above the water and looks to be about 2 meters above that ground. What is the point of linking the specs of the camera? That answers NONE of the questions asked. You also did not answer how you got the distance to the ship.

Concave? Even more absurd an idea than flat.

In Mexico Beach, FL there is a location right near the county line where, looking across the bay, you can see the tip of Cape San Blas. Standing on the beach, with your eyes 2 meters or less above sea level you can NOT see where the sand and water meet on the Cape. If you go a few meters up to the nearby road, you can, exactly as expected with the round Earth we know is true.

I have 8 years experience with airborne air to ground radar. We had to get higher to see farther and the radar always looked down. If the Earth were concave then neither of those would be true.

• Like 1