Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Israel's ex-PM Ariel Sharon dies

Still Waters

Former Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon has died aged 85 after spending eight years in a coma following a stroke.

He was a giant of Israel's military and political scene, but courted controversy throughout his long career.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...e-east-25696601

• Like 1

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• and-then

• Princess Serenity

• moonshadow60

• Still Waters

That was an awfully long time to linger. I am glad that his soul has been released. Like his son said, "He went when he wanted to go." I hope that is so. My deepest condolences to his family.

I'm sad to see him go. I hope he found peace in Heaven.

He was a man who thought of Israel first, I think, and I respect him immensely. RIP Arik

• Like 2

He was someone who was loved by his allies and hated by his enemies.

• Like 1

People were so so unfair to Sylvia Browne. :) I hope he can find peace. yet I think that might be difficult. God help him.

He was someone who was loved by his allies and hated by his enemies.

He was a soldier through and through.

- post removed -

Read into the Sabra and Shatilla massacre and I'm sure you'll retract that statement.

• Like 1

Read into the Sabra and Shatilla massacre and I'm sure you'll retract that statement.

An inconvenient truth......

Those massacres were inexcusable but no evidence was ever produced that Sharon ordered them or had specific knowledge they would occur. Not that I have ever read. If you have such evidence then produce it. NOT general notions of his responsibility - which he accepted at the time as commander as I recall. But specific proof that he was complicit in a proven way? Sharon loved Israel and no doubt he was an ambitious man. He made MANY enemies - not least of which were some of his own countrymen but NO ONE ever can accuse him of not being first and foremost for ISRAEL and that alone for me is reason to honor his legacy and memory. Massacres - "atrocities" of many descriptions were replete in the first years of Israel's existence mainly because when you fight against people who want to exterminate you and who see ANY mercy as weakness, you MUST take an eye for an eye. That is the way it was...and IS today as well.
  • Like 1