Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Suspicious?$4 million Dream Mansion destroyed

ouija ouija

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2537592/Familys-4m-dream-mansion-took-three-years-build-burns-dramatic-blaze.html

This is the link to an article about a 'Medieval-style' mansion that has burned to the ground just a year after it was completed. I think this event will be eligible for the 'True Crime' section very soon! What do you think and do you have any thoughts on what happened?

The Deckers built and own the mansion. Mr. Decker runs his building business from there. It cost $4 million to build which doesn't seem an awful lot to me for the size of the thing. So ....... was the fire an accident but shoddy building practice and/or materials meant that the blaze spread like wildfire? There were no sprinklers in the building even though at least part of the inside seems to be covered in wooden panelling.

Looking at the video it seems that every inch of the building is burning ...... the blaze spreads to the entire perimeter of the building. The entire roof has gone. The Deckers say: "There is nothing left".

At the time of the blaze Mrs. Decker was away on vacation, Mr. Decker was away at a business lunch and the two sons were at school/college. Thankfully the two family dogs were safe .........

Possible case of insurance fraud perhaps? I hope that the wife's chinchilla fur coat burned as well, nothing like nearly wiping out a species of animal over vanity.

• Like 1

That's horrible. All that hard work gone. I would be so enraged if that was my house.

These things seem to happen often when nobodies home. Recently in Pittsburgh a guys on the local news whose house burned down said his wife and kids happened to be out of town AND, the big and, his valuable baseball card collection went up with the house. Smells fishy to me.

I'm pretty sure sprinklers aren't a code requirement in residential housing.

Wow, after viewing the pic I would bet arson is involved. I'm no fire expert but either the whole house was lit at once or it took hours for fire fighters to arrive after the blaze started. That house is just too big to burn all the way down without severe neglect or some extra assistance.

• Like 2