Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

infant seeing something?

Browneyedgirl89

It isn't so much that I'm worried my son can see anything but mostly the question, are infants and toddlers more susceptible to seeing things?

• Like 1

It isn't so much that I'm worried my son can see anything but mostly the question, are infants and toddlers more susceptible to seeing things?

Infants are just and only seeing things as they cannot explain themselves anything what they are seeing.

• Like 2

Very true, was just curious because I've heard before that they are more susceptible to seeing things. I'm new on here and its very interesting to read the forums

• Like 1

No. Infant eyesight is not any different than our own, other than it is worse for a little while. The same thing goes for when people say babies can hear lower frequencies. Sure babies may have better hearing or eyesight than adults because those senses weaken as one ages, but there is no evidence to suggest that infants or babies ca hear or see things adults with perfect hearing or eyesight cannot.

• Like 2

But is it possible that they can also see a spirit or ghost? it'd be so interesting in general to know what a baby is thinking lol. But anywho, the question stemmed from a couple instances where my son would look to one area of the room and respond as if someone was interacting with him but shortly thereafter would start crying and looking away like whatever it was scared him. This hadn't happened in a while. It just made me think because there was a suicide where i live, same room actually.

the theory is that infants aren't conditioned to know yet what sounds are associated with what ~ so they look in the direction they think the sound is coming from ...

gradually as they grow they will know a toy makes a specific sound different from mommy and not all sounds originates from a single source ~

I think that is as accurate as we will ever know ~

~

I don't think babies can see ghosts. I don't think ghosts exist, but if a baby can see something, you can see it too. Babies stare into corners and laugh sometimes, cry, whatever, like they are interacting with something, but that's what babies do as they are learning their environment. As they age, they have imaginary friends, talk to objects like they are alive and stuff..

• Like 1

Ya i agree, i do believe in ghosts tho. Thank you guys for your answers! I'm not very sure he saw anything but i do believe some children have seen things because of things I've heard about my cousins daughter. Very interesting!

• Like 1

No.

• Like 1

I think it maybe your cousin's imagination is as active as her baby's. There is a load of info on babies and their behaviours online. Your cousin may want to read up on it rather than jump to the ghost conclusion right away.

• Like 2

I get what you are saying but you don't know the actual events to make the assumption that she is imagining thingsa if she's a child. I'm only pointing out my belief and the situation with her daughter has been an ongoing thing for a couple of years now.

The more feedback and justification your cousin gives to this is only going to reinforce itself and the child will pick up on it, leading to a circle of the kid saying things and your cousin reacting accordingly. The child then does it again and as it goes on your cousin helps it along. That' sky opinion anyway. I have friends that have said their kids see ghosts and stuff and when I show them the scientific reasons their child is saying these things or acting a certain way they ignore it.

Asking the kid when it is older won't really help. Either the kid will have forgotten it, depending on their age at the time, or they won't want to look like they lied about it. The problem also lies with the parent reinforcing it, this can plant false memories in the child's mind and they may still think they saw or heard these things at a very young age.

• Like 1

Well if it is real I'd think she'd remember, assuming there in the same home by that time. It really isn't like she's reinforcing it. It started out that she assumed it was her imagination but over the last couple years it has continued where she (her daughter) would say there's a monster man in her room and would get freaked out all the time. There has also been times my cousin has heard out seen things in her basement whilst doing laundry. I don't remember all the different things she has told me verbatim but is just interesting to ponder.

When you say "seeing things" i think you mean spirits and what not. children have a larger pineal gland, which when you grow becomes smaller or deflates and many spiritualists think that an active pineal gland allows you to see the spirit world. this isnt proven by science but thought it might be interesting to you.

Well for one thing, infants can barely see. So when folks talk about them looking at the wall or at the corner of the ceiling and theorize that dear old grandpa joe is there, in actuality, they're not seeing anything. They're just reacting to their environment.

• Like 2

Thank you! I do honestly believe there's something to it. And yes i meant ghosts. I just think that if it's an imaginary friend it'd be a phase but when it ends up being a long period of time with the same details and it's not instigated or encouraged then it makes you stay to wonder. Then of course you add on the fact that others have experienced similar things in the same home.

I'm not assuming he saw anything, was just interested in the topic of children and ghosts. When it is the same exact area of the room tho and nothing about that area changes then it's slightly odd. I'm not saying he saw anything but i do think it was peculiar.

Ya i agree, i do believe in ghosts tho. Thank you guys for your answers! I'm not very sure he saw anything but i do believe some children have seen things because of things I've heard about my cousins daughter. Very interesting!

Have you ever seen a ghost or been involved with any kind of paranormal activity? I ask this because you say you believe that kids see things but through only what someone else told you.
  • Like 1

A house i lived in when i was about 15 or 16.....

The room i had had a red splatter on the ceiling which i do not know what it was but i personally thought it looked like dry blood. Could be wrong. We had heard from neighbors that people who had previously lived there never stayed very long and it was speculation that someone had died there but we never found out for sure. Anyways, there was once that i saw someone standing at the bottom of the basement stares, like a black figure of what I'm guessing was a man. But the time that really freaked me out was when i was reading one night in my room. First of all, it was not a very big room and i had a tall standing lamp right across from my bed. The lamp did not have a shade so if anything went by it, there would be a shadow. So anyways, i was laying on my stomach reading and kept seeing a shadow in my peripheral vision, i didn't think anything of it until i remembered there's no lamp shade so then i sat up confused. Long story short, it was like a blanket of fear and helplessness came over me out of nowhere and i dealt like i couldn't breath and i just kept thinking i needed to get out of there and when i got up to walk out, it was like something was trying to keep me in there because i dealt like i was trying to push through to walk. I don't know how to explain it but once i did get to my door, i basically fell out and it was like in an instant that the air seemed lighter. I literally ran crying to my mothers room

Sounds like your imagination scared you.

Im not gonna ask how old you are, but

was this incident more than say...3 years ago?

• Like 1