Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

infant seeing something?

Browneyedgirl89

Some adults can see them, and so can a child and infant, but the infant wouldn't be able to express what they are seeing if under a year old (unless they speak already). When the child gets a little older where she can express herself, you'll know the answer for sure. A relative of my son-in-law who was about 4 1/2 yrs of age was sitting down in the parlor rapping away and laughing with someone on the couch who wasn't visible to anyone else--when asked who she was talking too, she replied that she was talking to aunty so and so. Everyone's eyes opened up because everyone was actually meeting together this day to discuss aunty so and so's funeral which she had no clue what we were talking about.

Children aren't born with fear--they are taught to fear by others or through the media.

how can you be so sure about all this ? can you see the world through a child's eyes? could you see what the child was seeing through her eyes that day?

could it not be possible she overheard some of you talking about someone who was her aunty and told you she was looking at aunty when you asked her ? never underestimate children., they're clever and pick things up.

the last point you made, the media ? is there some conspiracy going on ?

would you suggest that it cannot possibly be a child's overactive imagination or the inability to comprehend things at that age ? would you rule that out totally ?

• Like 1

I'm a believer, thru my own, personal experiences, but to answer the question...

When my now 10 month old Grandson visits our home, his attention is always drawn to a corner of our kitchen, near the ceiling. There is nothing there that moves, just closed cabinets. However, whatever it is, he seems to intently follow it around the room, so intently, that we can't break his concentration. At one point, during a visit by his mom, dad, and my mother, after following it with his eyes, he actually physically reached out to it, and laughed! The good news is, he obviously likes it, which makes it kinda nice. I am curious as to who, or what it is, though.

A couple of times during these occasions, I've had a sensation if losing my hearing, accompanied by a high-pitched buzz. Weird.

maybe its some particular shape, some particular color that enthralls the little kid. my experience with kids, they giggle seemingly at random sometimes.

as for your hearing thing. could be unrelated, could be tinnitus, I have tinnitus.

I have a dog that will look up toward the ceiling as if he sees something. He will also move his head side to side as if he is hearing something, and his eyes will dart about like he is tracking something invisible around the room. At the same time he becomes very anxious.

One day when I was home alone and my dog was watching something I couldn't see move around the room, I decided to set a digital recorder on the table to see if I could capture anything. The following is an unedited recording of what I captured.

https://app.box.com/s/kxlu9ahc27tzkfk7xb7s

I'm not assuming he saw anything, was just interested in the topic of children and ghosts. When it is the same exact area of the room tho and nothing about that area changes then it's slightly odd. I'm not saying he saw anything but i do think it was peculiar.

yes you are. you have pointed out your belief in ghosts and restated the claim every time someone disagrees with the possibility.
  • Like 1

how can you be so sure about all this ? can you see the world through a child's eyes? could you see what the child was seeing through her eyes that day?

could it not be possible she overheard some of you talking about someone who was her aunty and told you she was looking at aunty when you asked her ? never underestimate children., they're clever and pick things up.

the last point you made, the media ? is there some conspiracy going on ?

would you suggest that it cannot possibly be a child's overactive imagination or the inability to comprehend things at that age ? would you rule that out totally ?

If I weren't sure, I wouldn't have said anything. And if you don't agree with anything I've said, that's fine, to each his own. You're allowed to think whatever you wish, but my answer is not meant for you, but for the poster. :tu:

Anything is possible, thus discussing its interesting. Tho I'm sure I'll get backlash and its whatever but i believe in ghosts and i don't think ours so far off that people can sometimes see things or people. And yes, kids don't know what ghosts are, which would make it seem more possible. Why wouldn't they try more to contact children because they prolly just assume ours another person in the room with family?? Just an idea

I apologize for my auto correct lol

I apologize for my auto correct lol

maybe its some particular shape, some particular color that enthralls the little kid. my experience with kids, they giggle seemingly at random sometimes.

as for your hearing thing. could be unrelated, could be tinnitus, I have tinnitus.

Could be, except shapes and colors don't float around the room. While I agree that the ear thing could be coincidence, I understand Tinnitus to be a condition, not an occurrence.

Could be, except shapes and colors don't float around the room. While I agree that the ear thing could be coincidence, I understand Tinnitus to be a condition, not an occurrence.

So, it can't be anything other than your kid seeing a ghost then? any other things except spirits come to mind?

It doesn't have to be tinnitus, Could be many things, could just be your ear popping? I've known people with eustachian tube problems who say it happens intermittently.

I am not a doctor anyway, so I can't tell you for sure, but it wouldn't hurt to investigate your ears. .

Edited by John Mirra
  • Like 1

If I weren't sure, I wouldn't have said anything. And if you don't agree with anything I've said, that's fine, to each his own. You're allowed to think whatever you wish, but my answer is not meant for you, but for the poster. :tu:

how are you sure? That's all I wanted to know.

I'm sorry you feel that way, I was just asking questions. It's upto you if you feel like answering.

• Like 2

So, it can't be anything other than your kid seeing a ghost then? any other things except spirits come to mind?

It doesn't have to be tinnitus, Could be many things, could just be your ear popping? I've known people with eustachian tube problems who say it happens intermittently.

I am not a doctor anyway, so I can't tell you for sure, but it wouldn't hurt to investigate your ears. .

John, no one can be sure what it is anymore than one can be sure what it isn't. However, it seems your only interest in the subject is limited to challenging everyone else's experiences. Your questions seem to assume that spirits, ghosts, or whatever was the first conclusion they came to, not the last. I wonder what your motives are?

Edited by CB51
  • Like 1

Kids have a difficult (or blissfully blessed) time dissecting reality from imagination from dream from a colourful, frisky blur of multiple layers, their energy and passion knows so few bounds. They are also well documented in being able to establish a rapport with the deceased, family-related or strangers. It's deciphering whether the source is paranormal or imaginary that is difficult. I know me and my sis used to sleep in the same room for a number of years and babble to an old man (we both believe it to be our grandfather who deceased without seeing much of us). I wasn't even aware he died until I was 14, we used to say 'grandad's here' to one another though heh.

I've read several accounts around kids interacting with phantom beings. Once this mother bought furniture from a friend who's mother had died, two old armchairs but she didn't really like them, they were in her study or something. A couple years later she removed them and replaced 'em, her kids came home from school and demanded to know their whereabouts because they wanted to know where 'the old woman in the chair' had gone to. Obviously could be children imagining but who knows!

Edited by DancingCorpse
  • Like 2

John, no one can be sure what it is anymore than one can be sure what it isn't. However, it seems your only interest in the subject is limited to challenging everyone else's experiences. Your questions seem to assume that spirits, ghosts, or whatever was the first conclusion they came to, not the last. I wonder what your motives are?

it'd take just more than my 3-4 posts in this thread to come to that conclusion.

This thread isn't someone saying "I've seen a ghost". If someone's sure they've seen a ghost, then they're sure, if they're not sure, they've seen it with their own eyes at least. That's the way I see it.

"Children see ghosts" is an entirely different subject. First and foremost, I think most of us who've spent any time with kids, have seen them laughing seemingly at random, staring randomly (and such), laughing when I turn on the ceiling fan! but most of us don't think 'they're seeing spirits', it's what makes kids... kids, they have a limited understanding of the world around them, what excites them may not excite us...

While you're not sure (I respect that), A lot of people seem pretty sure that infants can see ghosts, I'm sure they've had persistent experiences with their kids, I'm just wondering if they could elaborate on experiences they've had with their kids, so I ask questions, and some of the time i get "I have my beliefs, you have your beliefs", I respect that, but i'd like to know more.

One poster here brought up 'The media', I have absolutely no idea what the media has to do with children seeing/not seeing spirits, so I asked, and I got no answer.

A lot of the parents who claim their child, or any child can see spirits probably had what they think was a ghostly encounter or a paranormal experience of their own (or at least believe in them), and could hesitate in thinking twice about the whole 'children see ghosts' thing, Not saying this is the case with everyone. Maybe it's not the first conclusion YOU came to, but what about the others? Do you think others didn't jump to that conclusion because you didn't ?

If spirits and ghosts are real, it doesn't automatically imply that children can see them. (It doesn't mean children can't see them either),

I'm just asking questions.

Infants are special in any case (Whether or not they can see spirits).

Edited by John Mirra
  • Like 2

it'd take just more than my 3-4 posts in this thread to come to that conclusion.

This thread isn't someone saying "I've seen a ghost". If someone's sure they've seen a ghost, then they're sure, if they're not sure, they've seen it with their own eyes at least. That's the way I see it.

"Children see ghosts" is an entirely different subject. First and foremost, I think most of us who've spent any time with kids, have seen them laughing seemingly at random, staring randomly (and such), laughing when I turn on the ceiling fan! but most of us don't think 'they're seeing spirits', it's what makes kids... kids, they have a limited understanding of the world around them, what excites them may not excite us...

While you're not sure (I respect that), A lot of people seem pretty sure that infants can see ghosts, I'm sure they've had persistent experiences with their kids, I'm just wondering if they could elaborate on experiences they've had with their kids, so I ask questions, and some of the time i get "I have my beliefs, you have your beliefs", I respect that, but i'd like to know more.

One poster here brought up 'The media', I have absolutely no idea what the media has to do with children seeing/not seeing spirits, so I asked, and I got no answer.

A lot of the parents who claim their child, or any child can see spirits probably had what they think was a ghostly encounter or a paranormal experience of their own (or at least believe in them), and could hesitate in thinking twice about the whole 'children see ghosts' thing, Not saying this is the case with everyone. Maybe it's not the first conclusion YOU came to, but what about the others? Do you think others didn't jump to that conclusion because you didn't ?

If spirits and ghosts are real, it doesn't automatically imply that children can see them. (It doesn't mean children can't see them either),

I'm just asking questions.

Infants are special in any case (Whether or not they can see spirits).

John, I've actually taken your other posts on this site into account to come to that conclusion. You SEEM quite inquisitive. However, your questions don't seem benign, but challenging in nature, and you certainly don't strike me as the type to confuse the two.

Edited by CB51

Interestingly enough....i caught what seems to be an orb on camera while recording my son crying at the tv because the cartoons were off and it was nap time. (he's been sick and extra fussy) in the same area of the room as i had mentioned before in the beginning of this thread.

There's a purifier on and a space heater. Both of which are completely clean (no dust inside)

Air isn't even blowing in the direction of which it went. My son was diagnosed with rsv the 1st so i have been ocd cleaning, over and above my regular ocd cleaning. In other words, its spotless in here. I followed with photos.....nothing. But a bit later was able to capture two more, tho less prominent. I do not know how to upload videos on here while mobile. Please let me know how because I'd love to share!

Interestingly enough....i caught what seems to be an orb on camera while recording my son crying at the tv because the cartoons were off and it was nap time. (he's been sick and extra fussy) in the same area of the room as i had mentioned before in the beginning of this thread.

There's a purifier on and a space heater. Both of which are completely clean (no dust inside)

Air isn't even blowing in the direction of which it went. My son was diagnosed with rsv the 1st so i have been ocd cleaning, over and above my regular ocd cleaning. In other words, its spotless in here. I followed with photos.....nothing. But a bit later was able to capture two more, tho less prominent. I do not know how to upload videos on here while mobile. Please let me know how because I'd love to share!

Dust is still every where, Dandruff, off your clothes, buried deep in the carpet.

• Like 1

I would say that but...

It was isolated (no other specs)

The size was pretty big for dust

How quickly it moved and the way it moved.

It just doesn't look like dust our anything of that nature. I have taken plenty of videos in other rooms of the house and have never even got so much as a hair blowing by....and that's saying a lot considering the rest of the home is not as well kept. Also the vents weren't running at the time. Do you know how to upload videos on here??

John, I've actually taken your other posts on this site into account to come to that conclusion. You SEEM quite inquisitive. However, your questions don't seem benign, but challenging in nature, and you certainly don't strike me as the type to confuse the two.

Take those posts into context.. consider the threads they were posted in.

Also know that posts don't tell you everything, a post is just a bunch of text, it doesn't tell you how I'm feeling when I posted it, people can just add whatever emotion and tone they want to posts. They read too much into it.

if you think they're not benign, your beliefs might have something to do with it, you're pretty new here, and I don't recall anyone else on the forum telling me the same thing. I can't please everyone either.

There's nothing wrong with being inquisitive, you should be, so should anyone.

I said a lot of things in my post, but you decide to only focus on the first sentence. Again, there's nothing I can do about it.

• Like 2

Also know that posts don't tell you everything, a post is just a bunch of text, it doesn't tell you how I'm feeling when I posted it, people can just add whatever emotion and tone they want to posts. They read too much into it.

if you think they're not benign, your beliefs might have something to do with it, you're pretty new here, and I don't recall anyone else on the forum telling me the same thing. I can't please everyone either.

I said a lot of things in my post, but you decide to only focus on the first sentence. Again, there's nothing I can do about it.

I'm a believer of many things, a skeptic of many more, and an Agnostic. After reading your posts and others' responses to your queries, I got curious as to where you stood on this particular subject. Since I shouldn't draw conclusions from your queries and posts, I will just ask plainly if you believe or disbelieve in this phenomenon, in general?

I'm a believer of many things, a skeptic of many more, and an Agnostic. After reading your posts and others' responses to your queries, I got curious as to where you stood on this particular subject. Since I shouldn't draw conclusions from your queries and posts, I will just ask plainly if you believe or disbelieve in this phenomenon, in general?

I see you want a label. I understand, but labeling people could make you biased.

I don't believe in ghosts or spirits or the afterlife, but I'm not sure. I am skeptical in particular about this supernatural field, and less skeptical (but still skeptical) about UFO and ET phenomenon.

If someone says they've seen a ghost, I wouldn't really question what they've seen, I could offer some rational suggestions based on what I feel, but in the end I didn't see what they see. If they offer photos and evp (orbs), i'd give a listen and a peek, but so far haven't seen very convincing ones. I don't want to dwell on myself, but this supernatural field in particular is a very sensitive subject (dead relatives say..) and there are people who exploit this for their own profit, and i think that is what I'm strong about.

Ghosts for me isn't an 'A implies B' thing, if people can see ghosts, it doesn't HAVE to mean the ghosts can actually see us back or interact with us, Maybe they DID see a ghost, but falsely feel "It's a dead relative looking over them" or "giving them future directions" or whatever. Should we not be skeptical about the latter if they did see a ghost? If ghosts were proven to be real, it doesn't mean every cliche attributed to them would become real (until proven). Similarly, maybe some people can see ghosts, and this leads them to think their infants see ghosts (when they infact, don't)? see what I mean, I don't just see things in black and white. It could be somewhere in between.

That's all I can say, i feel i don't belong here, feel free to feel that way. Also I think three posts about me are enough (Topic derails). Hope you sympathize with my ways and views, at least a little. If you can't, well, it doesn't change anything.

• Like 2

Can anyone tell me how to upload a video? If not then i just won't i guess

Do you have a youtube account? It's best if you upload it there and put up a link here.

• Like 1