Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Help locating bigfoot encounter story

Q-C

The events happened in the PNW to a logger's family who were "terrorized" by a sasquatch.

I'm thinking it was in the 1950's... maybe?

The encounter I read was told third hand- the logger's boss' son retold the tale.

I believe the Sasquatch destroyed the inside of the family's home.

This retelling by a third party was lengthy and told with great detail.

This is the best of my recollection, though it may not be exact.

Anyway, does anyone else remember this story?

I've tried locating it myself including Bigfootencounters, but no luck so far,

without an exact location or a name

No, this was not a movie.

Thanks for any help.

QC

Edited by QuiteContrary

That story has a familiar ring to it but I'm at a loss to find anything as yet on it.

The events happened in the PNW to a logger's family who were "terrorized" by a sasquatch.

I'm thinking it was in the 1950's... maybe?

The encounter I read was told third hand- the logger's boss' son retold the tale.

I believe the Sasquatch destroyed the inside of the family's home.

This retelling by a third party was lengthy and told with great detail.

This is the best of my recollection, though it may not be exact.

Anyway, does anyone else remember this story?

I've tried locating it myself including Bigfootencounters, but no luck so far,

without an exact location or a name

No, this was not a movie.

Thanks for any help.

QC

Was this something that may have appeared on a show like "In Search Of"? Rings for me too.

Was this something that may have appeared on a show like "In Search Of"? Rings for me too.

It could have, but that is not where I saw it. I read it in a bigfoot forum a few years back (8 years ago maybe).

I think there is one surviving family member (no, BF did not kill any of them), a son, who moved to the southwest?

Great stories! But none of those. This was a white family. And only happened to them at their home...father, mother, at least one son...

Again... I think.

Nope, not the incident I'm looking for, but possibly the inspiration for the family's "encounter". :whistle:

Edited by QuiteContrary

God in Heaven, you're a hard woman to please.

:w00t:

Hey, if it's not the story it's not the story :P .

I remember it as being a pretty good one though, that is why I'd like to read it again.

Well, if you do find it then please share it.

No, I think in the one I am thinking of the creature harassed the family, actually entering their home, over a period of time. And the story is very detailed about their encounters.

Thanks, though!

I have entered wording every way I can think of to search and can't believe it doesn't come up.

I know I will probably have to got through the PNW reports at bfro one at a time, but didn't feel like it.

I was certain that was going to be the one.. Like you I have enetered every kind of search term.

We will get there at some stage. lol

• Like 1

Sorry QC, always gets a touch confusing when you get it from logger`s boss` son`s, especially when they got it from the grans cousins uncles dachshund. :whistle:

Slight similarities but not has you described, none the less, here is another:

arrow3.gifView: Cowman of Copalis Beach.

Edited by Ohelemapit
  • Like 2

Sorry QC, always gets a touch confusing when you get it from logger`s boss` son`s, especially when they got it from the grans cousins uncles dachshund. :whistle:

I don't believe a word of the story, free. I just enjoy reading detailed reports and wanted to find it again.

And due to the detail of the third hand telling I don't believe that it was a tale related third hand, but something fabricated by a "fourth" party attributed to these others.

This was how the story was told..."[Once upon a time] my father knew a logger who worked for him.." to help someone remember it was a logger's family in the PNW.

No matter the pedigree, it doesn't confuse the story at all (see above). And someone with an interest in this stuff, should remember it. It was one of those types of infamous Bf stories that is hard to completely forget. :)

If you're into that sort of thing :whistle:

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 2

Slight similarities but not has you described, none the less, here is another:

arrow3.gifView: Cowman of Copalis Beach.

THAT IS IT!!!!

Great story as biff stories go, imo. My memory wasn't so far off. It did trash their house and harass the family and was an employee's family of the storyteller's father. And very detailed for a third hand account when he never met the family!!! I Also knew it was well-known.

THANK YOU!!!

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 2

THAT IS IT!!!!

Great story as biff stories go, imo. My memory wasn't so far off. It did trash their house and harass the family and was an employee's family of the storyteller's father. And very detailed for a third hand account when he never met the family!!! I Also knew it was well-known.

THANK YOU!!!

I knew we would get there eventually. I think I had exhausted every possible search term and got sick of the same stories and sightings always popping up.

Thank god we don't have to keep looking. lol

• Like 1

The "Cowman", no wonder we had trouble finding it. I don't think I've ever heard that term for Bigfoot before. Hey, you learn something new every day.

• Like 2

clever little boy, that was his best description at his age, for what he knew to relate the creature to

...as the story goes anyway...

Interesting story I have to admit.....not sure how I'd handle getting tackled by a Bigfoot. Can't say I care for the man's choice of weapons, but he thought he was dealing with a vagrant in the woods.

......and a lot of time passed before the whole story was told to the then boy. So I see why you're hesitant to buy into it. I am too, but it is a good story.

• Like 1

I was going to make some suggestions, but I see the mystery is solved.

Now I'm off to read that story.

• Like 2

Yes, I remembered the bit about a little boy referring to a bigfoot as a cow "cowman". But when I read the title on BE I had no idea that was also part of the story I was looking for and passed it up.

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 1

That was quite a story!!! All parts ring true from the hundreds of online reports. But that may just indicate that the guy telling the story decided to weave together all the best elements of those hundreds of stories. Just a skeptical thought.

It I was only a billionare with time on my hands, I'd go check out all these stories myself.

• Like 2