Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Star Citizen - Space MMO - Nov 2014

Shiloh17

Right now it's scheduled for early 2015, but I'd expect a delay.

And indeed, this looks wonderful. What excites me the most about it is that it's being made by Chris Roberts, who also created the Wint Commander series, which I absolutely adore. I hope this does not mane me expect too much.

• 5 months later...

I am helping to fund this game (modestly)... I've 'bought' a Freelancer small freighter, and am currently fooling around with the flight sim they released "Arena Commander"... They give

you a fighter in the sim, and it looks like it's a good thing I got a freighter for the main game, 'cause I suck as a fighter pilot!....

I've even ordered an Occulus Rift Development kit so that I can play the game in virtual reality... :tu:

I am really enjoying how they are doing this thing, and can hardley wait for it to be released...

Edited by Taun
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm waiting on elite dangerous at the moment but be nice to see what comes of this space sim.

• Like 1

Elite Dangerous is gonna be better and bigger. Also out later in the year: http://elite.frontier.co.uk/

Hehe yeah I am buying it for my father on the 29th this month for his birthday, "Beta that is" Let him test it and I will purchase it as soon as my father gives the thumbs up.

• Like 2

Hehe yeah I am buying it for my father on the 29th this month for his birthday, "Beta that is" Let him test it and I will purchase it as soon as my father gives the thumbs up.

Frontier Elite 2 is abandonware. While its graphics are outdated the gameplay gives a good idea what the new one is gonna be like.

• Like 2

Frontier Elite 2 is abandonware. While its graphics are outdated the gameplay gives a good idea what the new one is gonna be like.

It's not really the same. The new Elite is kind of a reboot of the original Elite. Lots of content is similar but the flight model is totally different.

What console will this be shipping on if you don't mind me asking?

Just pc atm but the developer said in the future it COULD come to PS4 but I doubt Xbox One because Microsoft charges companies for updates made to the game. He said Sony seemed more open so hey you never know.

But yeah I will be checking this out when its ready.

What console will this be shipping on if you don't mind me asking?

Yeah like Mr ET said, no console plans have been announced, but the devs do have a PS4 dev kit. Not sure if they have one for XB1.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah hehe, I ended up purchasing elite dangerous for myself as well and il-2 battle of Stalingrad as beta games. Gets the cobwebs off my joystick.. But so far so good, I love buying games early all those updates with a shed load of content.