Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who are the Men in Black ?

UM-Bot

There have been many recorded cases of mysterious agents turning up in relation to UFO sightings.

A typical Men in Black encounter will involve two well-dressed individuals in black suits turning up in relation to a UFO sighting, alien abduction or other paranormal event. Witnesses have described them as 'not quite right', observing them to act uncomfortably or without any apparent emotion.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...he-men-in-black

i've heard there really r such ppl in real life, doing ufo n extraterrestrial investigations..

Edited by TheGreatBeliever

I always thought they were a waste of time.Somebody sees a ufo and reports it,sinister Men in Black turn up and warn them not to talk about it.The ufo witness does talk about it and nothing happens to them.Seems a pointless exercise to me!

• Like 6

Where eles would those great Black suits be used ? Gotta Love a Man in Black ! Even the UFO Hunters could use a change of outtfits !

:gun:

• Like 5

100% complete fiction and the byproduct of one man's paranoid delusions.

Let's see what Skeptoid has to say about them (podcast and transcript at the link):

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4351

Men in Black

A look at the mysterious government agents said to intimidate those who witness flying saucers.

Are strange, pale, half-alien Men in Black a reality? They were to the troubled mind of Albert Bender. But obviously, more corporeal government employees do exist, and at least in the days of Project Blue Book, did go out into the field to interview UFO witnesses. But it's noteworthy that not one of those witnesses ever reported being threatened or harassed in any way. The Men in Black remain merely a comic diversion for modern cinema-goers, a source of pulp-fiction for authors like Gray Barker and the many who have followed him, and sadly, as a source of all-too-real torment for those few, like Albert Bender, who suffer from paranoiac distress.

• Like 1

Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones. I thought everyone knew that already.

• Like 7

Men in Black was popularized in UFO folklore by the mostly fictional best seller "The Mothman Prophecies".

They are depicted as either government agents or alien agents, depending on what the narrative requires.

Obviously most of this is theatrical, but I would not completely discount the possibility of the Gov to have special agents assigned to deal with such matters. Just my thoughts.

• Like 1

Obviously most of this is theatrical, but I would not completely discount the possibility of the Gov to have special agents assigned to deal with such matters. Just my thoughts.

Absolutely. There were Government agents assigned to investigate UFO claims - ever heard of Project Blue Book? But there isn't a single documented case of anyone ever being harassed or threatened by them.

• Like 1

Absolutely. There were Government agents assigned to investigate UFO claims - ever heard of Project Blue Book? But there isn't a single documented case of anyone ever being harassed or threatened by them.

I had a friend that was visited by Blue Book. They interviewed, no harassment.

Men in Black are ridiculous. I find that hard to believe that these guys just show up when you see some freaky-deaky space action.

Oh, hang on.

A black van just pulled into my driveway.

• Like 1

I like those guy too. My magnificent lizard toes should be seen in a black suit. If they would only tell me where to put in my application. It's the closest thing Earth has to 'a space alien meeting and greeting' committee.

Edited by spacelizard667

Back in the days of Project Blue Book and other military research into the matter, J Edgar Hoover of FBI felt very left out of the investigations and had his own going on and I bet that the first real men in black were his unofficial operatives. The men in black myth was born with wild speculations growing with each generation. Who really knows who all the impersonators with fake credentials were following that era. Makes for good movies :)

The truth is always closer than you think , We really do have groups in our vast government`s becon to call upon ,the suits may have changed but there really out there. And I may say with a bit of actual knowledge ,Dont ever wish them upon yourself ! They are Baddasses ! :gun:

Who are they?

Me.

1186_5071.gif

Do they pay you in SHILLings? :w00t:

• Like 1

Do they pay you in SHILLings? :w00t:

Pay? I see it is a citizens duty :D

• Like 1

Pay? I see it is a citizens duty :D

Citizens Duty? Well wouldn't you rather be on the Steve Irwin to save the whales? :yes:

• Like 1

Citizens Duty? Well wouldn't you rather be on the Steve Irwin to save the whales? :yes:

LOL, now I know you are taking the p!ss!

I have many a rotten egg just waiting for that tosser to roll into a harbour near me. I think Steve's Wife did him a huge disservice letting Watson change the name of that boat to his. But then again, she seems determined to undo every good bit of work he ever did. Steve planned to spend some time on one of Watson's Boats, I wish he had as I honestly doubt he would approve of what we see first hand.

One thing that Sea Shepherd does is ensure the Japanese will have a bigger whaling force each time that bunch of idiots annoys them enough. The Sea Shepherd ensures continued whaling, it in no way halts it. They have been on the water for about 35 years, and it is only getting worse.

Australia's cetacean management is a joke, people think because of this bru ha that they give a crap, they do not, not for one second, that is why we still have captive Dolphins when New Zealand outlawed it ages ago. I hate to say it, but when it comes to Sea Conservation, I think we Aussies are hypocrites.

Who are the Men In Black?

They are men who "dissuade" people from talking about top secret government aircraft they saw, for the purpose of national security, and use intimidation to find out just how much they know and saw of the secret government aircraft. Nothing to do with little green men.

Edited by Amerix

This is not any kind of new news.

What would you even know about it? *snort*

You're far too low of a a pay grade to be even aware of standard practise for how we deal with these kind of matters.

Begone, insect! And let the grown-ups deal with these matters.