Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Manned Mars mission possible by 2030

UM-Bot

A panel of experts has concluded that a manned mission to Mars by 2030 is a realistic possibility.

NASA might be working towards a manned visit to an asteroid within the next decade, but the ultimate goal of having humans set foot on Mars has not been forgotten.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/260800/manned-mars-mission-possible-by-2030

I really hope that they get more money! Just take it out of the crazy amount we spend on defense. A manned mission is much more reasonable than this whole 'mars colonization' thing that they want to try.

• Like 1

I really hope that they get more money! Just take it out of the crazy amount we spend on defense. A manned mission is much more reasonable than this whole 'mars colonization' thing that they want to try.

It wouldn't hurt the better off countries kicking in some money also , they could make it a collective effort :)

I see no other way than "JUST DO IT" Nike can kick in a few million,and all the other mega corp`s out there Tie It all together Get IT Done ! Many ,hundreds ,and even thousands of people would actually give up life on earth to do this ! Even knowing its a One Way venture ! Man is made to explore ! :tu:

I would like to see men land on mars,..but it won't happen its all science fiction.nasa will never come up with the right rockets

Every year they release statements saying manned mission by blar blar year but when that year turns up its just another probe, we have the tech and means to do it, but the brass dont want to stump up the cash and the health and safety people are putting so many regulations and dos and donts that going to mars is impossible as it just isnt safe enough for them, the time of the RIGHT STUFF was over in the apollo missions now its all about making the money back if you spend it and not making even the smallest mistake incase it hurts the brasses positions so i dont see any manned missions to anywhere but LEO i think it will be china that will spearhead the colonization of the solar system IMO

The Mars One program will have people on Mars by 2025.

The Mars One program founders will get rich by 2018 and shut down the project at the same time.

I would like to see men land on mars,..but it won't happen its all science fiction.nasa will never come up with the right rockets

The required carrier systems will not be a problem.

I see no other way than "JUST DO IT" Nike can kick in a few million,and all the other mega corp`s out there Tie It all together Get IT Done ! Many ,hundreds ,and even thousands of people would actually give up life on earth to do this ! Even knowing its a One Way venture ! Man is made to explore ! :tu:

Do we realy want mega corp`s to rule outer space? Becouse that would happen. No national claime on Mars, but mega corp`s domain?

Why do we need to go to mars? Waste of money.

• Like 1

I think you will stay quite alone with this opinion here on UM. :yes:

Edited by toast

NASA is not the only space agency that exists. Many other space agencies are planning to put people on Mars before 2050.

• Like 1

Why do we bother getting up in the morning?

Why do we travel abroad to explore a place we have never been before?

Why do people go climb huge mountains there is no reward up there?

Why bother going to space at all? Even though new medicines and tech is being made due to the zero g enviroment, lets just let us humans stagnate on earth till we destroy it or over populate it or some plague kills us all because some person doesnt seem to understand that putting our eggs in one basket is a bad idea and that going to mars is a step further to not just understand how planets work and maybe save earth from the same fate but a step further to colonization of space so as a species we live on if anything happens to earth going to mars we can learn how to live in an inhospitable place and thrive maybe even learn how to successfully terraform small parts of mars maybe even in the far future give mars an ozone so we can spread out so we can last longer.

Or maybe we are a plague and leaving earth to populate the universe is a bad idea and we just overpopulate and strip everywhere of resorces and kill anything we can eat untill there is nothing left and we die a horrible cold death of our species full of regret as we didnt listen billions of years ago to a guy on the unexplained mysteries forum heehee lmao

A panel of experts has concluded that a manned mission to Mars by 2030 is a realistic possibility.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...ossible-by-2030

This may be realistic possible but with today's technology it will be prohibitively expensive!! Such space goals will be like the moon program and after 5 or 10 years it be scrapped.In order for space to take off and permitted mars base for very long time the space cost will have to come down a lot.

This may be realistic possible but with today's technology it will be prohibitively expensive!! Such space goals will be like the moon program and after 5 or 10 years it be scrapped.In order for space to take off and permitted mars base for very long time the space cost will have to come down a lot.

This is because few countries want to work together since everyone wants Space for themselves. No one seems to view space as important, until the day comes when we are all clustered on Earth and an extinction event occurs and we have no non-terrestrial colony to escape to. Space exploration should be the number one priority (more important than national defence) until we can get a substantial number of people onto other celestial bodies, inhabit and colonise them and make sure we do not have all our eggs in one basket. Once we have colonies, then we can feel safer knowing an Earth extinction event (supervolcano eruption, celestial body collision, etc) would not wipe out most or all of our species.

I agree with ashiene with all of the

Solar flares we been getting from the

Sun It's just a matter of time until it

knocks out our power grid and we don't

Need to wait to the last minute to colonize the Red Planet

I don't think a manned mission to Mars is all that important unless they're setting up a base and colony.

Outside of the above statement, by 2030, if Ray Kurzweil is correct, we should have created true AI by then, there will literally be no other need for manned space missions aside from colonization. Robots and computers are way more resilient, need no motivator outside of commands, and make less mistakes than human beings.

On a side note, has anyone seen "Europa Report"? It's on Netflix, you should give it a watch if you're interested in space travel.

Actually NASA could of sent astronauts on Mars already. Don't you remember Mars Direct? Back in 1996 Robert Zubrin and David Baker were laying out plan to land people on Mars in year 2007; but yeah they are all distant dreams in a country that's Military Junta. They were saying that 50 billion dollars in 10 years would do which wouldn't even be increasing current military budget but I guess stealth aircraft carrier and vast facilities for storing peoples personal data or not taxing rich people are needed more.

And why would people think going to Mars or Europa is more important when they're constantly being fed in the media that military is more important, especially the movies in which every other is about whole world being rescued by multi-quadrillion military budget.

Actually NASA could of sent astronauts on Mars already. Don't you remember Mars Direct? Back in 1996 Robert Zubrin and David Baker were laying out plan to land people on Mars in year 2007; but yeah they are all distant dreams in a country that's Military Junta. They were saying that 50 billion dollars in 10 years would do which wouldn't even be increasing current military budget but I guess stealth aircraft carrier and vast facilities for storing peoples personal data or not taxing rich people are needed more.

And why would people think going to Mars or Europa is more important

when they're constantly being fed in the media that military is more important, especially the movies in which every other is about whole world being rescued by multi-quadrillion military budget.

That's all America thinks about going to war war costs money

We might just someday make it over our petty Ideas of Politics,power,War`s and such to join together and travel the Stars, IT will take a World Wide consciousness to achieve this Goal.

I for one would love to work towards this point of Possibilities ! :tu:

• Like 3

We might just someday make it over our petty Ideas of Politics,power,War`s and such to join together and travel the Stars, IT will take a World Wide consciousness to achieve this Goal.

I for one would love to work towards this point of Possibilities ! :tu:

Well there is a Nuclear Fusion Awarness Society for explaining people what Nuclear Fusion is. It is trying to make people grasp something that will be a re-birth of human race. We will literally be a Star Trek society looking back on this very same day with the same affliction like we look at Medieval Times now. Goal of Nuclear Fusion Awarness Society is to get as many people to gain some gravity and make it happen since politicians are still clinging to this anachronistic monetary vision of the world and this simply can not go anymore. With Nuclear Fusion nobody will be hungry or homeless or ashamed anymore. There will be plenty resources for everyone and thus people will stop being enemies to each-other. You will be able to go and live on Venus populated with elephants.

As I see it money should function like a blood in society: you do something and then get some of it, which you then give away to make it circulate - but unfortunately big businesses and corporations are taking more then fair share and therefore it will never work. They will always have money to bribe authority, not pay taxes, use slaves and even when caught go to prisons that are like four star hotels. The only way is to bring the whole monetary thing down and Nuclear Fusion will do just that. It will make money as worth as paper it is pressed on because Nuclear Fusion will bring us not only cheap electricity but also cheap gold, food, iron, car fuel... you name it.

Well there is a Nuclear Fusion Awarness Society for explaining people what Nuclear Fusion is. It is trying to make people grasp something that will be a re-birth of human race. We will literally be a Star Trek society looking back on this very same day with the same affliction like we look at Medieval Times now. Goal of Nuclear Fusion Awarness Society is to get as many people to gain some gravity and make it happen since politicians are still clinging to this anachronistic monetary vision of the world and this simply can not go anymore. With Nuclear Fusion nobody will be hungry or homeless or ashamed anymore. There will be plenty resources for everyone and thus people will stop being enemies to each-other. You will be able to go and live on Venus populated with elephants.

As I see it money should function like a blood in society: you do something and then get some of it, which you then give away to make it circulate - but unfortunately big businesses and corporations are taking more then fair share and therefore it will never work. They will always have money to bribe authority, not pay taxes, use slaves and even when caught go to prisons that are like four star hotels. The only way is to bring the whole monetary thing down and Nuclear Fusion will do just that. It will make money as worth as paper it is pressed on because Nuclear Fusion will bring us not only cheap electricity but also cheap gold, food, iron, car fuel... you name it.

So cheap everything is the Goal ? What about Water? Does it make enough to bath the planet,and Feed the planet? I see that we better get off our collective Butts and Get really changing our waist & greed systems also.

I dont want to Live on Venus with Elephants,Maybe Venus with Super Models,and Lots Of Crazy Things to Fly around and Race around !

And Lots of Parties !

And Man will always want to explore,continued challenged,Push the limits ! JMO. Cheers ! Im all in for a Trip to the Stars ! :tu: