Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Alien 'Starchild' Skull Mystery Continues

UM-Bot

news icon rJust over 70 years ago, a young girl in Mexico wandered into a tunnel. She discovered a human female skeleton on the cave floor with a small skeletal hand sticking out of the dirt, grasping the arm of the skeleton.

"She found in a shallow grave another skeleton of a smaller being that she said was misshapen all over," says Lloyd Pye, the author and researcher for the Starchild Research Project.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Wusa 9 News

I remember a recent show I saw on Discovery (Science or Civilization) where they disproved the "alien"-aspect of this "Starchild" - if I rememver correctly they proved some rare bone-disease could cause exactly this skull-shape. The show was/is about skull-shapes, but can't recall the show-title, other than something with "...skull..." ;-)

• 7 years later...

Thread necromancy alert - the original posts date back to 2004...

I'd suggest you visit the Lloyd Pye website, and if you are taken in by such a money-seeking *charmer*, well, what can I say...

At one stage Pye proclaimed:

To the best of my knowledge, the top lab in the world for what we need done is the Kureha Special Laboratory in Iwaki, Fukushima Prefecture. That's about 200 kilometers northeast of Tokyo. What I need to determine is whether or not we can trust the results of any analysis we get from them. This was no different during the long struggle to find the proper DNA lab. Just because a lab exists, that doesn't mean we can trust any result they give us. If one person working on the analysis has a private agenda that is strongly antithetical to what we're trying to accomplish, we're toast. Such tests are too easy to sabotage. We might as well not even try it.

If that doesn't ring alarm bells, I dunno what would. DNA tests aren't rocket science, and this guy is just going from lab to lab (all the time seeking donations, selling books and videos, of course) until he can find some words to twist into "Omigod it's alien!" DNA tests have already been done and showed it to be human, but Lloyd didn't like those...

There's quite a good coverage of the pseudoscience and deceitful methodology that he uses here (although the image links seem to be broken..).

Or do you have some additional/new information you would like to discuss?

• Like 1

i heard the same, that it was bone condition as mensioned earlier.