Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

a prophetic Truth

SpiritWriter

There is nothing about The Mayan calender or any other New Age prophetic occurance etc... that delegitimizes Jesus dieing on the cross for our sins.

I don't understand what you are saying. please explain, I am kind of slow.

She said nothing can never ever shake her Faith.She has the full armor of God equipped, and she is ready for battle as a Warrior of Light for her Lord.

She said nothing can never ever shake her Faith.She has the full armor of God equipped, and she is ready for battle as a Warrior of Light for her Lord.

Amen!

• Like 1

Is there a purpose to this thread?

• Like 3

Is there a purpose to this thread?

It's an announcement of the "Righteous Harvest" for the faith full.The Lord will enact his promise very soon.He will pluck the ripest Fruit from the Vine, and cast aside the withered Fruit like Weeds.

The Lord has Crowns waiting for the heads of the most humble in his name.

Edited by davros of skaro

It's an announcement of the "Righteous Harvest" for the faith full.The Lord will enact his promise very soon.He will pluck the ripest Fruit from the Vine, and cast aside the withered Fruit like Weeds.

Are you mocking, or do you mean that? I'm just curious, not trying to pick a fight.

• Like 1

Are you mocking, or do you mean that? I'm just curious, not trying to pick a fight.

It's what they believe.Just read the NT, or watch this vid.

[media=]

[/media]

Passion of the Wine.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=260759&st=15#entry5045427

400_Dionysus_Ambrosia-wine_Greek_vase_4th_c._BCE_.jpg

Edited by davros of skaro

It's what they believe.Just read the NT, or watch this vid.

[media=]

[/media]

Passion of the Wine.

http://www.unexplain...15#entry5045427

400_Dionysus_Ambrosia-wine_Greek_vase_4th_c._BCE_.jpg

That video was pretty interesting, lol.

I used to be a Christian.....I've read the bible a few times....I get the whole...."I'm proclaring my faith in view of everyone!" deal...

And where I differ from you is that I think Jesus was a real man...but that he wasn't necessarily devine in nature....I think he might of been something else, but I don't want to derail this thread with my ideas. ;)

• Like 1

That video was pretty interesting, lol.

I used to be a Christian.....I've read the bible a few times....I get the whole...."I'm proclaring my faith in view of everyone!" deal...

And where I differ from you is that I think Jesus was a real man...but that he wasn't necessarily devine in nature....I think he might of been something else, but I don't want to derail this thread with my ideas. ;)

No problem.Just see "Personification of Caesar" in my sig if interested?

This thread is just proffessed faith in the skeptic thread......

One time some years ago I was dreaming, and the rare moment for me I became lucid, or aware I was dreaming.I was like cool, but as soon as I focused the dreamscape fell away like a curtain to blackness, but I saw a dot of light.Being open minded, and having read books on OBE's/NDE's I called out in my mind "GOD!?".Then the light twinkled, and I immediately fully woke up.I had this powerfull effect of joy, and everything in the World made sense, but I also felt carefree (too much carefree).This was to me an antidepressent to me, or in other words I felt like I took something.

I researched the Brain, and how it produces the exact kinds of chemicals that affected me like Dopamine for one.I see how people get fooled into wanting to believe instead of applying critical thinking.

• Like 1

There is nothing about The Mayan calender or any other New Age prophetic occurance etc... that delegitimizes Jesus dieing on the cross for our sins.

But there is also nothing in the evidence of history that legitimises what the bible says in that regard.

Biblical scripture armours it's adherents against the influence of other religions and/or prophets by speaking of 'false religions/prophets', but there is no way of knowing those other religions or prophets are, indeed, false except to believe what the bible tells you to believe. The argument you make in your pronouncement is a circular one.

Edited by Leonardo
  • Like 1

“Of course, it would be easier to get to paradise with a full stomach, all snuggled up in a soft feather-bed, but what is required is to carry one’s cross along the way, for the kingdom of God is not attained by enduring one or two troubles, but many!”

– St. Anthony of Optina

And St. Anthony of Optina had personal experience of "attaining the kingdom of God" before he said that, I assume?

Or was he just basing his quotable speech on what he had been told to believe from studying the bible/scripture?

And St. Anthony of Optina had personal experience of "attaining the kingdom of God" before he said that, I assume?

Or was he just basing his quotable speech on what he had been told to believe from studying the bible/scripture?

Virtues are formed by prayer.

Prayer preserves temperance. Prayer suppresses anger. Prayer prevents emotions of pride and envy.

Prayer draws into the soul the Holy Spirit, and raises man to Heaven.”

– St. Ephrem of Syria

Prayer preserves temperance. Prayer suppresses anger. Prayer prevents emotions of pride and envy.

"So does holding your tongue while counting to 10 or 20."

St. Leo of UM.

• Like 2

– St. Ephrem of Syria

• Like 1

– St. Ephrem of Syria

"What harm would it do, if a man told a good strong lie for the sake of the good and for the Christian church ... a lie out of necessity, a useful lie, a helpful lie, such lies would not be against God, he would accept them."

Martin Luther (Cited by his secretary, in a letter in Max Lenz, ed., Briefwechsel

Landgraf Phillips des Grossmüthigen von Hessen mit Bucer, vol. I.)

"I was already Bishop of Hippo,when I went into Ethiopia with some servants of Christ there to preach the Gospel.In this country we saw many men and women without heads,who had two great eyes in their breasts;and in countries still more southly, we saw people who had but one eye in their foreheads."

St Augustine

(Sermon 37; quoted in Taylor, Syntagma, 52; Diegesis, 271; Doane, Bible Myths, 437.)

I see, it is an oath. I think most religions and clubs have oaths. In my branch of Druidy you declare "nature is God" three times in front of witnesses you are a member. Most Covens you have to take an oath before you become a full member. An oath is a statement of intent, which is a lot like a spell.

• Like 1

There is no discussion.
  • Like 1

No problem.Just see "Personification of Caesar" in my sig if interested?

This thread is just proffessed faith in the skeptic thread......

One time some years ago I was dreaming, and the rare moment for me I became lucid, or aware I was dreaming.I was like cool, but as soon as I focused the dreamscape fell away like a curtain to blackness, but I saw a dot of light.Being open minded, and having read books on OBE's/NDE's I called out in my mind "GOD!?".Then the light twinkled, and I immediately fully woke up.I had this powerfull effect of joy, and everything in the World made sense, but I also felt carefree (too much carefree).This was to me an antidepressent to me, or in other words I felt like I took something.

I researched the Brain, and how it produces the exact kinds of chemicals that affected me like Dopamine for one.I see how people get fooled into wanting to believe instead of applying critical thinking.

Are you really applying critical thinking though? Or are you applying bias? How far do you "critically think"? Is it just to the point that confirms your own bias, or do you look deeper and still hold to analysis? Davros, your posts are seething with mal intentions, ridicule, and angst. I seriously doubt you are able to critically think about any of it which in the end simply turns you into a parrot not far off from that which you preach against.

Spiritwriter's comment was nothing what you so "logically" proclaimed. Seriously I snickered out loud as soon as I read your response.

• Like 1

Well I just mean that yes we may have a lot going on in the spiritual world and that there are many different trains of thought as well as experience, and I have found so many people that cannot see that two different things can be valid at the same time. I believe it is because of the aspect of Christian teaching that says there is only ONE way. Another person who thinks differently because of whatever they have become aware of on their spiritual path may assume (and I have seen this, so its not coming from nowhere) that nothing from the Christian religion has any value, worth or spiritual truth. Maybe it is because they have heard from Christians that their way is not correct and so it now is a battle of the mind. My offering is that what Jesus did on the cross (as well as many other aspects of who Christ is and what Christianity has to offer) is still very valid and has been for more than 2000 years.

I specifically mentioned the Mayan Calandar because I believe there has been a shift and there seems to be some truth in it. I don't much about anything, but I also assume there are many other truths out there that I just don't know about.

Edited by SpiritWriter

Please don't speak for me, answer questions on my behalf or assume you know my thoughts. Although it is because of my own personal faith I am able to understand the logic behind THE TRUTH of what I'm stating here, the thoughts I have on this matter are not particular to MY faith or MY equipment to do battle. This is a general truth applicable to all who can understand it.

I think they Mayan religion and culture is a world away from the Middle East in more ways than one. They are just as old and as complex right up until the Spanish showed up, but they were a very different culture and a very different "Truth.". One of the pitfalls of "Truth" is it can be subjective by culture and perspective.

Jesus, died because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, the Roman Empire could be a brutal state. Killing was their main entertainment, they took the reality show to the extreme. I think those who died on crosses died for the sins of greed and the state. Nothing much has really changed people are still dieing for greed and the state. We just keep exchanging one empire for another.

• Like 1

Please don't speak for me, answer questions on my behalf or assume you know my thoughts. Although it is because of my own personal faith I am able to understand the logic behind THE TRUTH of what I'm stating here, the thoughts I have on this matter are not particular to MY faith or MY equipment to do battle. This is a general truth applicable to all who can understand it.

Good thing I did not go with my original statement to your post, because this is what I got from it. "Everything is false except what I believe in."

Same thing can apply to me, but I lean on evidence based beliefs.

Are you really applying critical thinking though? Or are you applying bias? How far do you "critically think"? Is it just to the point that confirms your own bias, or do you look deeper and still hold to analysis? Davros, your posts are seething with mal intentions, ridicule, and angst. I seriously doubt you are able to critically think about any of it which in the end simply turns you into a parrot not far off from that which you preach against.

Spiritwriter's comment was nothing what you so "logically" proclaimed. Seriously I snickered out loud as soon as I read your response.

What is your exact problem? Is it with me, or really with yourself?