Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama bailing out insurance companies

Merc14

Of course our Govt made sure the IRS has the right to collect.

They knew many would be thinking: I'm not going to buy this, and I'm not going to pay the fine, (or fee or tax, or whatever they are calling it this week.)

Pelosi also said, "we'll have to pass it to find out what's in it!" (I live in NV, both Pelosi and Harry should've been sent out to pasture long ago.) :yes:

• Like 2

Of course our Govt made sure the IRS has the right to collect.

They knew many would be thinking: I'm not going to buy this, and I'm not going to pay the fine, (or fee or tax, or whatever they are calling it this week.)

Pelosi also said, "we'll have to pass it to find out what's in it!" (I live in NV, both Pelosi and Harry should've been sent out to pasture long ago.) :yes:

Reid owns teh union vote in Vegas so he si bulletproof. He ad them bussed to the voting centers last time.

I personally don't care. I have insurance, I will always have insurance, and my insurance did not go up. .

actually i woulod not be so sure, unless i was working for gvmnt, which you previously denied doing.

lol, that was dumb of me, never mind this, lol, 8 years in gives you for life ins,

lol, that was dumb of me, never mind this, lol, 8 years in gives you for life ins,

Don't be so sure

If the insurance companies are getting so fat on this program, why are they starting to pull out?

Not so much -

Insurance Companies Are Optimistic About Obamacare: ‘We’re All-In, And We’re Happy We Are’

Many insurance executives are predicting that the Obamacare marketplaces will be a robust and growing segment of the U.S. health care industry despite Healthcare.gov’s botched rollout, and saying that the age and health demographics of those who have already enrolled in new ACA plans are on track with their expectations.

“Despite the near-term uncertainty, we believe exchanges will be growing as a big part of the market over time,” WellPoint Inc. CEO Joseph Swedish told conference attendees on Tuesday. “We are more focused on the end game of exchanges than the twists and turns in the near term.”

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2014/01/15/3165131/insurance-execs-optimistic-obamacare/

Not so much -

Insurance Companies Are Optimistic About Obamacare: ‘We’re All-In, And We’re HappyWe Are’

Many insurance executives are predicting that the Obamacare marketplaces will be a robust and growing segment of the U.S. health care industry despite Healthcare.gov’s botched rollout, and saying that the age and health demographics of those who have already enrolled in new ACA plans are on track with their expectations.

“Despite the near-term uncertainty, we believe exchanges will be growing as a big part of the market over time,” WellPoint Inc. CEO Joseph Swedish told conference attendees on Tuesday. “We are more focused on the end game of exchanges than the twists and turns in the near term.”

http://thinkprogress...stic-obamacare/

ThinkProgress? HS, are you serious? You need to grow up and read better news sites. Here you go chippy http://lmgtfy.com/?q...ut of obamacare

Edited by Merc14

Hey new guy, here's my favorite thread to show people... http://www.unexplain...opic=252534&hl=

I'm new HERE, but I didn't just fall off the turnip truck yesterday. :rolleyes:

I read the link, and that law applies ONLY to those who now file quarterly, and the IRS has the right to charge a quarterly filing non fee payer interest/penalties until they DO pay. Also, after seeing the lg numbers of ppl trying to take advantage of this, the IRS can and will change that law, (which will be sooner rather than later) and then those quarterly filing non fee payers WILL be subject to Levy, and will then be forced to pay their debt(s).

Also, those taxpayers who file once per yr, (now by far the lg majority of taxpayers) ARE now subject to Levy, etc. for same failure to pay.

P.S I know the IRS well, we were on a first name basis for yrs. I've received NO LESS than 14 Intent To Levy notices from them, (ALL due to misidentified income) and it only took 8 yrs. for ME to straighten THEM out. :tu:

I read the link, and that law applies ONLY to those who now file quarterly, and the IRS has the right to charge a quarterly filing non fee payer interest/penalties until they DO pay. Also, after seeing the lg numbers of ppl trying to take advantage of this, the IRS can and will change that law, (which will be sooner rather than later) and then those quarterly filing non fee payers WILL be subject to Levy, and will then be forced to pay their debt(s).

Also, those taxpayers who file once per yr, (now by far the lg majority of taxpayers) ARE now subject to Levy, etc. for same failure to pay.

P.S I know the IRS well, we were on a first name basis for yrs. I've received NO LESS than 14 Intent To Levy notices from them, (ALL due to misidentified income) and it only took 8 yrs. for ME to straighten THEM out. :tu:

The SS was nothing compared to our boys and girls at the IRS. They were brought before congress and laughed at them. Of course, if the IRS went after abortion clinic people like they do tea party people the turtle shell above would be screaming bloody murder

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

:D

Co-signed, if they want you, they will find a way to get you.

Wonderful that Ninjadude's favorite program hired 14K IRS agents instead of 20 programmers who knew what they were doing. BTW, Ninja doesn't have to use Obamacare, yet, and is very happy about that fact but he supports and defends it as the best choice for the likes of you. Classic liberalism.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 2

The website's another great example of our Govt @ 'work'......noticing the many TV ads trying to sell us the 'deals'.

"Buy now, the deadline for registration is fast approaching." :w00t:

Hey didn't mean to insult.

No, the law is what it is. Anyone with a regular paycheck and some gumption can do the same. Just claim high on your W-4 until there is no withholding and pay your taxes quarterly. So, maybe on a technicality you're right. Guess I'll find out what happens. I ain't paying the pricks.

I disagree. They are subject to theft of their tax returns. If the penalty is not truly enforceable then it's theft. It is our employees who think they're our bosses telling their goons it's ok to steal from their employers but don't break their knees if they refuse to cough it up. I really don't doubt shifty strong arm tactics and 'random' audits will be dished out to guys like me. F it. I'm standing on principle.

Wow, you'll have to share that story some time.

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 1

The website's another great example of our Govt @ 'work'......noticing the many TV ads trying to sell us the 'deals'.

"Buy now, the deadline for registration is fast approaching." :w00t:

Approaching $1BN dollars and still one of the most insecure sites on earth. Does anyone think Amazon or Newegg spends this much money on their website? On top of that it is completely nonfunctional, totally insecure and they aren't even plugging the holes! Why? Answer that boys. http://www.dailytech...rticle34179.htm

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 2

Hey didn't mean to insult.

No, the law is what it is. Anyone with a regular paycheck and some gumption can do the same. Just claim high on your W-4 until there is no withholding and pay your taxes quarterly. So, maybe on a technicality you're right. Guess I'll find out what happens. I ain't paying the pricks.

I disagree. They are subject to theft of their tax returns. If the penalty is not truly enforceable then it's theft. It is our employees who think they're our bosses telling their goons it's ok to steal from their employers but don't break their knees if they refuse to cough it up. I really don't doubt shifty strong arm tactics and 'random' audits will be dished out to guys like me. F it. I'm standing on principle.

Wow, you'll have to share that story some time.

O.K, I might have overreacted some. I'm a bit touchy when it comes to IRS regs, and it's the technicalities that they'll get you on. They will try to keep you on the Installment Agreement as long as possible so they can continue to charge you, (even more) interest/penalties.

I said the same, "I'm not paying"...luckily, (for me) I didn't have to, (on that issue, anyway).

Sharing that story would fill several pgs. here, I'll give a bit: I told them on the phone to go ahead and send me another Intent To Levy notice if they like, (after the 14th one!!!). I sent them an UNSIGNED Return, (as an example trying to show their mistakes) and they tried to call it valid. They withheld pertinent info from me intentionally to just raise my liability amount....also tried to prevent me from accessing and utilizing the proper IRS Departments I needed to be in contact w/ for contesting the liability amount.

(I could go on and on.....also lucky for me now I don't owe them a penny, :clap: only because I learned the codes, and I fought them every inch of the way, most ppl just say, 'the IRS says I owe, so I'll pay.")

• Like 2