Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Possible weird creature sighting

STIRyourMIND

Hey people, found this video on youtube was posted by - cfactorstout. It shows the destruction of the tsunami that day but at 10 mins and 47 seconds in, the appears to be a weird creature jump out of water and climb up onto a roof of building, it's a white creature that jumps from bottom left of screen, you can also see it maybe jump to next building at 11 min and 26 seconds in. There also maybe another one jumping out at 10mins and 30 secs behind the trees in same spot as well. Don't know what they are, I haven't really made my mind up. What's your opinion? The video is called,

Raw Japan Earthquake and Tsunami 2011 it's posted on youtube by cfactorstout.

Sorry about the way this post set up, I probably could have done it better

Cheers, stir

I think it is this video....

And here is a screen shot of the thing...

It is the white bedsheet thing in the middle.

post-26883-0-98210700-1389844240_thumb.j

It doesn't look much like a creature to me. more like a fluttering large piece of fabric. But, it does appear to actually move like a creature.

• Like 1

Hey checker, that's the video, your right about it looking like sheet or something, there reason I thought it may be more is how it moves and if you pause it a right times it appears to have legs also after it lands it disappears but the seams to be a motion like blur that hangs around where it would be, almost like "predator". Don't really know, need to run it thru a program to get better view but I don't have anything like that.

Cheers, stir

• Like 1

I'm with diechecker on this. It doesn't really look like anything living, and I wouldn't think anything of it if it weren't for the way it seems to jump out of the water. Pretty weird.

• Like 1

I agree with both of you on how it could just be nothing but if it is a sheet or piece of rubbish, why does it seam to suddenly disappear once it's on roof.

Cheers, stir

You know, now that I've looked at the video more, it looks like there's more than one. At 10:32 you can see something that looks very similar come out of the water behind the tree in the middle of the screen.

Scratch that, I think the one at 10:32 is just debris.

Edited by beelzebufo

That first section is something else, however, the latter half was nothing but the water blowing debris up...

• Like 2

That is very weird, but Here is my take.

A Co2 tank got caught up in the debri,got banged up, and released on expelsion of gas.The quick expansion froze it, and then equalized with the ambient temp making it dissapate.

There is weird editing with the video to consider too.

That first section is something else, however, the latter half was nothing but the water blowing debris up...

That's an even simpler explaination for the effect.

Like Darvos explanation the best as if it was debris why does it disappear once on roof, it goes from big white thing to nothing, I don't know could the light or water make the rubbish/sheet seam to disappear. Also could be editing but if so wasn't done by me and seams to be pretty big waste of time to edit it and then say nothing about it and leave it in such a long video.

Cheers stir

I caught what looked like second one at 10:32 as well beelz.

Cheers stir.

Hey checker, that's the video, your right about it looking like sheet or something, there reason I thought it may be more is how it moves and if you pause it a right times it appears to have legs also after it lands it disappears but the seams to be a motion like blur that hangs around where it would be, almost like "predator". Don't really know, need to run it thru a program to get better view but I don't have anything like that.

Cheers, stir

It does appear to disappear like a cloud of steam, but it might also have disappeared over a wall, I think. It is kind of a freaky thing to watch.

That is very weird, but Here is my take.

A Co2 tank got caught up in the debri,got banged up, and released on expelsion of gas.The quick expansion froze it, and then equalized with the ambient temp making it dissapate.

There is weird editing with the video to consider too.

At any point did you ever hear an explosion?....Nope, Co2 combined with water will emit an explosion...At not one point did you hear one.

Im no expert but the reason no one can say exactly what it is is because the video quality is crap. Even closer debris is only identifiable through imagination, the pixelation is shocking. At best the whole video looks like an animation of someones hazy memory. Close ups of the trees dont even provide details of leaves but our minds fill in the blanks. The movements of water are broken and unnatural due maybe to film speed rate which doesnt help to eliminate whatever it is at 10. 30 mark.

Between 13.05 and 13.15 sea spray can easily be seen rising and disappating as if it were smoke. Even so it is still very sketchy.

For a split second at 14.18 there is another very good example of sea spray.

Sorry to be a killjoy! :st

Edited by taniwha
  • Like 1

No need to apologise Tani your not being killjoy at all. Your right video isn't best quality, the reason I posted it was so someone could give me good explanation as to what it was, I'm not saying it a creature at all, hoping someone with better understanding or some type of program that can get better quality view would give me definite answer.

Cheers, stir

With a video that bad, there is nothing of use you can do - and if anyone pretends otherwise, they are not genuinely expert in the topic.. And I'll tell you why, although it's already been outlined by Taniwha and others..

Youtube videos are often very, very compressed, and this is one of the worst I've seen - the quality is reduced by the JPEG compression process being set VERY high, so that fine detail is obliterated by little blocks of *made up* data. Those blocks REPLACE the original detail, and cause entire areas of 8x8 pixels (or in some cases 16x16) to be overwritten with false data. In this case, you can see the blocking very clearly - any attempt to 'zoom in' or to clear up the blockiness will be trying to recover something from nothing. Now I will offer one small exception - if you have UNMOVING scenery that stays static, you can apply some techniques to 'average' the scenery. Problem is, in this case the things of interest are changing. So those techniques of stabilisation, stacking or object tracking just won't work.

If we could get back to the original footage, it may be better, although if it comes from a camera phone, that might be the original quality! Ironically, the best way to see that video in its truest form is to move yourself back far enough that you cannot see the blocking effects. Try it.... I think you'll agree with my opinion, namely that it is just debris being blown up by the waves or deflected water, or fabric/sheets/curtains perhaps even detergent foam being blown out of windows/skylights/whatever by the huge rushes of air outwards as the water rushes into enclosed spaces,

No creature.

BTW, may I ask, *how* exactly did you come across this?

BTW, may I ask, *how* exactly did you come across this?

This was posted a while back on UM. Couldn't locate it though using "Tsunami creature", can't remember the old thread title.

At any point did you ever hear an explosion?....Nope, Co2 combined with water will emit an explosion...At not one point did you hear one.

Nope. Just CO2 in solid (carbon dioxide) plus water cause a detonation if both elements are within a gasproof sealed container and after the inner gas-pressure has reached a value that the container cannot withstand. The event shown in the clip is a suddenly emission of a (whatever) gas caused by damage of the container. So not an "explosion" and so no noise of such.

Edited by toast

Cheers chrlz, know it's not admitted much around here but I wouldn't have a clue about video compression rates and the effects it has on footage, was one of reason why I posted the vid here, and I found the video completely randomly, me and a mate were just sitting around watching vids on youtube and came across it.

Cheers, Stir

You know, now that I've looked at the video more, it looks like there's more than one. At 10:32 you can see something that looks very similar come out of the water behind the tree in the middle of the screen.

Scratch that, I think the one at 10:32 is just debris.

I saw this as well and was going to post about it. I too, am with all of you, this doesn't look like anything known to science or like something alive, however the way it moves simply makes it seem organic, or at the very least, something with intelligence behind it. It's VERY strange indeed. I'm curious if anyone whom is an expert in Cinematography might be able to explain this as an anomaly with the lens or camera itself. It seems unlikely being this "creature" is seen in two different area's during this video, and the first time it's actually behind trees and natural items.

I'm stumped at the moment..

This was posted a while back on UM. Couldn't locate it though using "Tsunami creature", can't remember the old thread title.

Yes it was....And the giant hyrax was brought in........( smugfish )

It will here also.....give it time.

• Like 1

I think it is quite clearly a jet of foamed water hitting something at an angle that shoots it up into the air, which then vanishes as it runs out of energy. Throughout the footage you can see similar sprays that would probably react similarly if they hit an obstruction at the right angle.

The tsunami was frightening enough without monsters jumping out of the water

Yes it was....And the giant hyrax was brought in........( smugfish )

It will here also.....give it time.

(Not trying to topic jack here...)Well Howdy there good sir! I've not seen you around for quite some time! Not that I've been particularly active either lol. Hope all is well my friend.