Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My `ghost` experience - surreal

outoftheworld

Hi i thought i would tell you about me ghost experience.

Ive had a few weird things happen to me in my life, at one point i even thought i was being abducted, but the more time wears on, the more blurry memorys get, and i just put it down to imagination.

However i have had one experience i can not understand, and there is no logical explanation for it, i wasnt dreamy or in a trance or drunk or asleep, it actually happened as clear as im looking at the screen right now, it happened.

Basically it was a sunday afternoon i took a nap - i get tired very easily due to my diabetes.

Anyway, i wake up rub my eyes and there next to me was a man standing there.

He didnt look like a ghost or anything mystical. He was wearing an every day suit, he had a short trimmed beard,

My brain immediatly said `oh well he must be done of my dads mates.. then my brain said hang on why would he be in the room..... then the next thought was this doesnt make sense my door is locked` (all those thoughts flashed through my head within the space of a second.

Then the person was gone, whoever it was, had dissapeared.

I wasnt scared, shocked, afraid or anything.

This wasnt sleep paralysis either, ive had that before.

Anyway, to this day i look for some kind of an explanation for it but i cant find one. As i said above, as real as i am looking at the screen right now, thatd how the person was, it wasnt wishy wash or a blurry memory it was real and physical.

Anybody whos had similar experiences it would be great to hear from you

While I have no doubt your experience was real to you, I personally discount any such stories that begin with "I was sleeping".

Hey i didnt come on here to get your approval

Besides.. any kind of day spent by anyone starts with.. i was sleeping.. and.....

Plus dont you think it makes sense that if you are visited from the other side it happens while asleep

• Like 2

Its apparently the norm on here for people to respond with rude remarks when you try to share a story.

I know, ive had so many nasty snide remarks made at me, some from people who been here approx a decade

and you know, im just waiting for the first people to tell me that im `too sensitive` and i `need to grow a set` or something

this is what i despise, yes sure its not like a random spam board where people out right flame and swear, but this board is a nastier kind of sarcastic `im better/ i look down at u` kinda nasty indirect remarks

ive only been here like 2 weeks, and i dont feel welcomed at all i really dont :no:

Edited by outoftheworld
  • Like 1

Might have been sleep paralysis though you say you know what your sleep paralysis is like. Might have been that you weren't as awake as you think you were. Might have been something spookier.

Its apparently the norm on here for people to respond with rude remarks when you try to share a story.

I was simply expressing my personal opinion on the topic at hand.

Please show me where I was rude.

rude

ro͞od/

adjective

adjective: rude; comparative adjective: ruder; superlative adjective: rudest

offensively impolite or ill-mannered.

"she had been rude to her boss" synonyms: ill-mannered, bad-mannered, impolite, discourteous, uncivil, ill-behaved, unmannerly, mannerless; More

Edited by Rafterman
  • Like 1

Hey i didnt come on here to get your approval

Besides.. any kind of day spent by anyone starts with.. i was sleeping.. and.....

Plus dont you think it makes sense that if you are visited from the other side it happens while asleep

No, not really. I think it's a well documented and understood by-product of the sleep process.

Edited by Rafterman

Sometimes I sense etherial people acting and talking at me like real people, not like visible real live people but more like apparitions at times when I have not been asleep, drunk, or because of any other medical condition; I have been to see doctors who cannot find anything at all wrong with me. A lot of people say they have had etherial visitations or seen apparitions, doctors say just live with it so far as this doesn't disrupt your normal activities.

All the time I keep asking myself, how the hell did they get into my apartment and how did they find me ?

Edited by spacelizard667

I was simply expressing my personal opinion on the topic at hand.

Please show me where I was rude.

rude

ro͞od/

adjective

adjective: rude; comparative adjective: ruder; superlative adjective: rudest

offensively impolite or ill-mannered.

"she had been rude to her boss" synonyms: ill-mannered, bad-mannered, impolite, discourteous, uncivil, ill-behaved, unmannerly, mannerless; More

You know i dont really like my aunt very much

But she told me one thing that has been one of the very core of my personality since she told me on that sunny summer of 2001..

`If you have nothing nice to say, then dont say anything`.

I know, ive had so many nasty snide remarks made at me, some from people who been here approx a decade

and you know, im just waiting for the first people to tell me that im `too sensitive` and i `need to grow a set` or something

this is what i despise, yes sure its not like a random spam board where people out right flame and swear, but this board is a nastier kind of sarcastic `im better/ i look down at u` kinda nasty indirect remarks

ive only been here like 2 weeks, and i dont feel welcomed at all i really dont :no:

You will find there are many skeptics here at UM this is not the kind of site where everyone just nods their head and agrees with every claim made, and it would be a boring site if it were. As Rafterman states, he was just giving his opinion and not being abusive or rude.

As to your experience, I have had a similar one when I was a child. I woke up to see a strange figure lying next to me, which scared me at the time as I was only about 9 or 10 but I believe it was down to having not fully woken up. Your brain can play tricks on you when you are either just waking or falling asleep.

You will find there are many skeptics here at UM this is not the kind of site where everyone just nods their head and agrees with every claim made, and it would be a boring site if it were. As Rafterman states, he was just giving his opinion and not being abusive or rude.

As to your experience, I have had a similar one when I was a child. I woke up to see a strange figure lying next to me, which scared me at the time as I was only about 9 or 10 but I believe it was down to having not fully woken up. Your brain can play tricks on you when you are either just waking or falling asleep.

Wasnt referring to skeptics, i have no issue with skeptics.. im a skeptic myself.....

but i mean downright nasty comments sugar coated on my other threads

Edited by outoftheworld

I'm not a mod.... But I am going to take a moment to remind everyone here to make sure they read the site rules. If you feel comments are mod worthy, PM a mod and let them know about it. The mods are pretty darn good here on UM.

Anywho, back to the OP topic....

• Like 1

I have experienced that as well, twice as a matter of fact.

Both times a man was standing at the end of my bed.

I wasn't afraid or alarmed or anything, I just closed my eyes and fell back asleep.

It was weird.

I should mention it was the same guy both times.... :tu:

You know i dont really like my aunt very much

But she told me one thing that has been one of the very core of my personality since she told me on that sunny summer of 2001..

`If you have nothing nice to say, then dont say anything`.

What did I say that wasn't nice? I didn't disparage you in any way. I didn't call you a liar. I didn't question your view of the incident (I actually supported it).

Perhaps you idea of being "nice" is that someone has to 100% agree with you every time you say something?

It all started when I was two years old or less, i could levitate, maybe something else but my dad won't let me. After a while, whe I was four or five I had a vision or something like that, it just came on me, I saw light, bright colours mostly white, i couldn't shake it. I wanted it to stop it was overwhelming, tried to close my eyes with hands and pillow but it was in my head. My grandma was babysitting me and really got scared. Few minutes later I was fine and we all forgot that. Except me, because I was at the doorpost of something I didn't like but learned to accept.

I started to dream about past, people who are dead, talking to them. I was researching, talking to polpe who knew some of my visitors, and was stunned how accurate my dreams were. It was fine sometimes, but very upsetting when I was in some of the roles or even worse when I started dreaming about future. A lot of future predictions were more than helpful, like being able to get around unknown city just because I remembered it from my dreams, or knowing that my flight will be canceled and that I have time to be late. BUT, dreaming about nasty crimes, brutal murders or something like that was upsetting. Even more when I realised that my dreams really actualized. I felt bad for not being able to help someone, coz I was clueless what ware names of murderer or victim.

Then I learned how to accept myself, feeling less guilty and trying to help people I actually se around.

Oh, one more thing. Seing people, ded people in my house happens from time to time. Like girl watching me while I sleep, or someone walking in room next to mine, or hearing voices or music when noone hears it.

I am new here but if someone wants to share an opinion I guess you'll replu here *SNIP*

*Please do not post personal e-mail publically. Use the site's Private Messanger*

Edited by Lilly
posting personal e-mail

Hi i thought i would tell you about me ghost experience.

Ive had a few weird things happen to me in my life, at one point i even thought i was being abducted, but the more time wears on, the more blurry memorys get, and i just put it down to imagination.

However i have had one experience i can not understand, and there is no logical explanation for it, i wasnt dreamy or in a trance or drunk or asleep, it actually happened as clear as im looking at the screen right now, it happened.

Basically it was a sunday afternoon i took a nap - i get tired very easily due to my diabetes.

Anyway, i wake up rub my eyes and there next to me was a man standing there.

He didnt look like a ghost or anything mystical. He was wearing an every day suit, he had a short trimmed beard,

My brain immediatly said `oh well he must be done of my dads mates.. then my brain said hang on why would he be in the room..... then the next thought was this doesnt make sense my door is locked` (all those thoughts flashed through my head within the space of a second.

Then the person was gone, whoever it was, had dissapeared.

I wasnt scared, shocked, afraid or anything.

This wasnt sleep paralysis either, ive had that before.

Anyway, to this day i look for some kind of an explanation for it but i cant find one. As i said above, as real as i am looking at the screen right now, thatd how the person was, it wasnt wishy wash or a blurry memory it was real and physical.

Anybody whos had similar experiences it would be great to hear from you

Hi Outofthisworld! :st

I know, that a lot of my experiences I like that I can also call on the skeptic in me, cause sometimes finding real world debunking would calm me. Ground me. But, I don't know if this experience is like yours. Granted, this is when I was coming out of sleep, so it could be sleep paralysis, but it also felt very real, I do say, never discount any experience. Sometimes, one knows how not so right an experience is. I do remember waking up from sleep, waking up from dreaming, and then looking down my bed in the dimness of my room, I swear I thought I saw my youngest brother sitting in a chair at the foot of my bed. I remember panicking and trying to get my light on, and when I finally did, of course my brother wasn't there. This was decades ago, and even though of my three brothers, I lost one to pancreatic cancer three years ago. But, that one I saw, is still alive and teasing me today. I still try to understand that experience. My mother told me my dad had the same experience and told her. Same situation, he was just waking up and seeing his brother at the foot of his bed and then he was gone. Now, when I heard this, my father was still alive, he just passed three months ago. Although, his brother is still alive. Maybe, it's sleep paralysis. The consistent waking up from sleep is part of this, but the feeling of this experience being so real, why is that? Yeah, what does that mean?

Thank you for sharing your experience. :yes:

I haven't had that type of experience before but i do believe you.

sometimes your ancestors have a strange way of saying hi.

It all started when I was two years old or less, i could levitate, maybe something else but my dad won't let me.

When I was two years old, My mother would put a plastic bag as a cape so i could pretend i could fly. Doesn't mean i really did.

Hit and run poster any way

I know most people love to share their stories, I did myself, but I'm with Rafterman, you were probably still sleeping and you thought you weren't. Totally different when something paranormal happens in the middle of brunch or before night while you're walking the dog.

• Like 1

No logical explanation?

You were not dreamy, or in a trance, or asleep?

You answered your own question.

Anyway, i wake up rub my eyes....................

• Like 1