Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

anti-gravity may not be possible

nec207

This past month , I have been thinking about anti-gravity and the more I think about it the more I disprove of anti-gravity is not possible.First the concept of anti-gravity came out of UFO researchers trying to explain how big craft not sucking in aire or blowing aire out , and no noise can stay in the aire.It has become popular for people advocating that NASAA do researcher into anti-gravity to revolutionized space industry and lower space cost!!

But anti-gravity is major taboo to talk about among scientist that I think is because they think you are a UFO junkie.So the only people who talk about it are the public and non scientist or amateurs in their own home trying to do research into it and some people that just want to get their name on coast to coast AM or the news paper.

Well Lockheed Martin and NASA does get some scrapped left over budget money and have done research into it wih no results.But that may be becuse of the scrapped left over budget money they get.

But looking at it from a scientific view point you could use scientific data to prove or disprove is the concept even possible , with out understanding how the propulsion system works!! Using brute force trying get anti-gravity working in shop with out understanding how gravity and anti-gravity work.

After talking to some people and thinking about this anti-gravity may be not be possible.Here is why.

If there was antigravity around moments after the big bang or doing big bang than disappeared ,There would be less effect of friction,and make a more uniform mass distribution than what we see today.Anti-gravity would just keep mass from forming structures like stars and planets.

Also the math and standard model does not support anti-gravity.So no hopes one day a big particle accelerator is going fined a anti-graviton moments after the big bang or doing big bang.

Also looking at UFO documentary on UFO's , it seems the craft is using electricity or monomagnetism propulsion system ( we have not found any magnetic monopole in nature at this time) base on the strong EMF field and RF interference to any thing electronic or electrical.So it does not look like UFO are using anti-gravity base on the strong EMF field and RF interference to any thing electronic or electrica.

What is your thoughts on anti-gravity or what UFO are using?

• Like 1

Seems like anti-gravity is used to describe anything that appears to defy or repulse gravity, whether or not it actually does. I don't think it exists.

• Like 3

anything anti gravitational would be flung out off the planet and orbit in a heartbeat ~ so i guess if it does occur ~ you'll have to be right there to see it happen ~

• Like 2

I think a coherent understanding of how Gravity seems to exist would be a good starting point. Is it really a force or is it an inexplicable (to date) consequence of String Theory or thermodynamics?

If Gravity has no fundamental particle (the Graviton) as seems likely, then Gravity waves as a consequence of ripples (or warping) in Spacetime also falls as a theory.

• Like 2

What is your thoughts on anti-gravity or what UFO are using?

That’s one of the unanswered questions that I still have but I think we should exclude UFOs out of it as we have no scientific based

evidence of alien spacecraft’s so far and so it’s useless to speculate about propulsion systems of such.

Also I think that a mix-up of gravity and (electro)magnetism should be avoided in the general question even if both forces are influencing

each other in some cases. And I´m still fascinated about the fact that a thumbnail sized magnet can lift up an iron coin because this shows that the little magnet has more power (to the coin) than the gravity force of the whole planet.

As gravitation is one of the 4 fundamental interactions (electromagnetic/gravitational/strong nuclear/weak nuclear) I don´t think that the

borders of physics can be cracked here to create an anti-force mechanism, means to eliminate gravitation. As we can create magnetism

by electricity flow I think it is more important to think about options of creating gravity force that can be used in the opposite direction of

the “natural” gravitation force of whatever, than to think about how existing gravity can be “deleted” or made without effect.

Edited by toast
  • Like 1

I can create anti-gravity with two opposing magnets. It's easy.

That`s incorrect because gravity isn´t made without effect with that procedure, it´s just that the magnetic power is

stronger than the gravity power, that still exist in yr experiment.

• Like 1

I can create anti-gravity with two opposing magnets. It's easy.

This is what I mean, people use anti-gravity to refer to phenomena that is not anti-gravity.
  • Like 1

Gravity when seen as a force only has an attractive component, which is why it is so all pervasive in spite of being so weak relative to other forces. The other forces tend to cancel out with their attractive vs repulsive forces and their limited ranges.

Seen as geometry of space-time, there is no way gravity can be other than just attractive.

The accelerating expansion of space-time may be a manifestation of some sort of anti-gravity that is effective only over vast distances.

• Like 1

Our current understanding of physics doesn't allow anti-gravity. In truth we do not understand the fundamentals of gravity just predicting it. Its still hypothetical with plotholes and gremlins and remains a mystery so how could we even say anti-gravity is impossible? We must first beable to understand and than manipulate it.

Fast forward the human race a thousand years to a million years from now and any technology you see would be just plain magic. Its likely we will even beable to manipulate the forces of nature but who can predict the future? No one.

Edited by lufia
  • Like 2

Agreed. Being that we don't really know how gravity is generated to begin with, making any claim of how it would be un-generated is kind of pointless.

• Like 2

Actually there is in US, Or better said was a mysterious Latvian origins man back in 1940's whom has built the Florida's coral castle. Apparently he worked alone moving blocks weighting tons by using some sort of thin triangular wooden crane with a small electrical device on top which supposedly accordingly to a few eyewitnesses made the blocks levitating in the air easily pushed away and rearranges as desired.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coral_Castle

In the same time in Europe there is a fast train levitating upon magnetic principles.

Edited by qxcontinuum

Ed claims using electromagnetic principles and magnetism ... not anti gravity ~

• Magnetic Current Research link

~

~

Q & A: Ed Leedskalnin and magnets?

• van.physics.illinois.edu link

~edit - added links

~

Edited by third_eye

anything anti gravitational would be flung out off the planet and orbit in a heartbeat ~ so i guess if it does occur ~ you'll have to be right there to see it happen ~

I've seen it, but couldn't tell you if it was "anti-gravity" or not.

• Like 1

I've seen it, but couldn't tell you if it was "anti-gravity" or not.

Well you know how it goes in terms of skepticism ... if you don't know for sure ... or even if you do know for sure ... 'only' ... it won't count

:tu:

~

Well you know how it goes in terms of skepticism ... if you don't know for sure ... or even if you do know for sure ... 'only' ... it won't count

:tu:

~

I don't care who it "counts" to, I just want to know what it was.

That will never happen.

So this means it would be impossible to create artificial gravity / like walking around on the Enterprise ?

So this means it would be impossible to create artificial gravity / like walking around on the Enterprise ?

This question cannot be answered now.

Edited by toast

If only I can help ... but I don't have the answers ... at least I admit that I don't ... and as far as I understand it ... even the most cutting edge of the Highest of Science today won't be able to offer you any answers ~

~

If only I can help ... but I don't have the answers ... at least I admit that I don't ... and as far as I understand it ... even the most cutting edge of the Highest of Science today won't be able to offer you any answers ~

~

I know. <_<

• Like 1