Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Curse of Oak Island

Myles

On 5/27/2018 at 7:59 PM, kmt_sesh said:

Don't encourage him.

Belief in aliens is even crazier than thinking there's actually something in that "pit." How many more seasons can they drag this out?

They've got a gift shop set up there on the Island.  I'd say they can milk it for another 59 years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

They've got a gift shop set up there on the Island.  I'd say they can milk it for another 59 years.

Probably a more accurate prediction than any prophecies we see here.

It is apparent that now is as good a time as any to found The Church of Oak Island.

I wonder if Tom Cruise would be at all interested? He may have prior commitments.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...

Just saw a teaser on History Channel.  looks like they are starting to get serious for season 6 (Nov 7).

It also looks like they are going to try a crossover with Ancient Aliens.  Marty visited Giorgio on Sardinia.

3 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

Just saw a teaser on History Channel.  looks like they are starting to get serious for season 6 (Nov 7).

It also looks like they are going to try a crossover with Ancient Aliens.  Marty visited Giorgio on Sardinia.

Oh gawd. Six seasons of nothing is pretty impressive.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Timothy said:

Oh gawd. Six seasons of nothing is pretty impressive.

That's what I hate about it.  I could go for a 2 hour special at the end of their 'season' to update what they did and the finds.  Or even a weekly update spot like what "Jack Horkheimer Star Hustler" was.  The engineering and the technology they are putting into play and the archaeological finds they recover is very interesting, just not multiple hours worth.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RavenHawk said:

That's what I hate about it.  I could go for a 2 hour special at the end of their 'season' to update what they did and the finds.  Or even a weekly update spot like what "Jack Horkheimer Star Hustler" was.  The engineering and the technology they are putting into play and the archaeological finds they recover is very interesting, just not multiple hours worth.

Ya, I just don’t trust them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

Oh, a potholer (i.e destroyer of archaeology sites) and a liar........:lol:   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

And this is a perfect example of why I don't watch TV

• Thanks 1

On 9/21/2018 at 6:16 PM, Jenn8779 said:

And this is a perfect example of why I don't watch TV

It is hard to beat the Hooterville Trilogy.  There hasn't been a decent crossover since The Avengers.

7 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Rivals the Kardassians, no?

I have, by some miracle, never been subjected to that show. So I can’t give an accurate answer.

But I’m pretty comfortable to say ‘probably’.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2018 at 2:57 PM, RavenHawk said:

It also looks like they are going to try a crossover with Ancient Aliens. 

If they do that, I'm done with it.

On 9/21/2018 at 11:57 AM, RavenHawk said:

I can see it now........Giorgio says it was Ancient Aliens who buried the treasure on Oak Island.

On 9/21/2018 at 1:57 PM, RavenHawk said:

They've not only jumped the shark, they're about to jump the sharknado.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, odiesbsc said:

I can see it now........Giorgio says it was Ancient Aliens who buried the treasure on Oak Island.

Nononononono.... the Ancient Aliens are actually Templars who buried the treasure underneath Michaelangelo's grave on Oak Island!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

They've not only jumped the shark, they're about to jump the sharknado.

Sharknado is more believable than anything Giorgio says........

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

Nononononono.... the Ancient Aliens are actually Templars who buried the treasure underneath Michaelangelo's grave on Oak Island!

I thought it was the Templars  looking for a good cellar to store vintage French wine.  They took the Ark and dumped out the contents and placed the bottles of wine in it before burying it on Oak Island.

• Like 1

Okay... Gentlefolk, let's have a "Unexplained Mysteries Oak Island Bingo"  Let's see how many predictions we can make about what they find (and check them off as they occur)

I'll start (cause it's my idea)

* at the end of the season there's still no treasure in sight.

* They connect the Oak Island "Mystery" with the Dogons and Sirius.

* they connect the Templars with Orion.

What's YOUR guess???  Let's keep a running tally!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Kenemet said:

Okay... Gentlefolk, let's have a "Unexplained Mysteries Oak Island Bingo"  Let's see how many predictions we can make about what they find (and check them off as they occur)

I'll start (cause it's my idea)

* They connect the Oak Island "Mystery" with the Dogons and Sirius.

* they connect the Templars with Orion.

What's YOUR guess???  Let's keep a running tally!

I find this vastly amusing... how many spots do we want on the card? A full 24?

I’ll kick in a few more to make the card....

Rick? I think that’s the right guy... will whine about money/ cost involved.

Someone will wear hip waders. 

A small artifact of nothing will turn up.

Weather/equipment/other delay.. tune in after the ad or next weeks show...

considering the nature of this thread... might I suggest a double bingo award for a full card X... for X marks the spot? We probably got a better chance of it here happening than on the show :rofl:

• Like 3

They will find another spot that shows promise.    They will spend 1/2 a day investigating and be done.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kenemet said:

I'll put my chip on this!  :yes:

.......and every remaining season after.

If the voiceover guy suffered a horrible accident and could never speak again - I wouldn't feel too bad.

Then again, they would probably dedicate a whole episode to him and go over all his "best" work repeating the same thing 300 times, so it would be a wash.

Edited by moonman
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, moonman said:

If the voiceover guy suffered a horrible accident and could never speak again - I wouldn't feel too bad.

Then again, they would probably dedicate a whole episode to him and go over all his "best" work repeating the same thing 300 times, so it would be a wash.

Could it be that his larynx was taken by the knights templars as a way to help hide the real treasure?

• Haha 2

On 9/21/2018 at 6:14 PM, RavenHawk said:

I miss that guy.

Anyway back to the thread:

Still milking Gullible's Island? Sheeesh!

• Thanks 1