Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Myles

The Curse of Oak Island

758 posts in this topic

travelnjones

They were doing some stupid crap this last episode.  They were talking about digging up this pad they built and will need again for removal of the sea wall.  If they dug a straight line roughly parallel to the pad and sea wall, but behind the pad they would intersect it (assuming its there).  I have been thinking they could have done that without the sea wall a few seasons ago.  

The metal detecting seems to be the most cost effective too they have.  They need to have Gary Draydon have metal detection tours of the island. 

Kenemet
7 hours ago, travelnjones said:

They were doing some stupid crap this last episode.  They were talking about digging up this pad they built and will need again for removal of the sea wall.  If they dug a straight line roughly parallel to the pad and sea wall, but behind the pad they would intersect it (assuming its there).  I have been thinking they could have done that without the sea wall a few seasons ago.  

The metal detecting seems to be the most cost effective too they have.  They need to have Gary Draydon have metal detection tours of the island. 

They're also terribly surprised at finding things on the floor of the cove.  Yet coves are landing spots for boats and I'd expect to find all sorts of junk in the water and around the shore.

We watch it for the 'what ridiculous idea will they promote as a theory next' factor.

Edited by Kenemet
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Piney
1 hour ago, Kenemet said:

We watch it for the 'what ridiculous idea will they promote as a theory next' factor.

That's the reason I don't watch it on top of my hatred for pot-holers and looters.

skliss
8 hours ago, travelnjones said:

That digging a parallel line is a good idea! It might be something not approved by the govt. Look at all the interesting stuff they would have missed though. They keep saying it's as much for keeping history intact as treasure hunting. I get a kick out of Drayton....whenever he goes  "Oooooooo..." you know its something good. 

Piney
5 minutes ago, skliss said:

That digging a parallel line is a good idea!

It's taught in actual archaeology courses. 

• Like 2

travelnjones

Rip Dan Blankenship

Jarocal
19 hours ago, Piney said:

It's taught in actual archaeology courses. 

AKA Cabal indoctrination...

• Thanks 1

Piney
1 minute ago, Jarocal said:

AKA Cabal indoctrination...

Sshhh... You'll blow it. :o