Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Curse of Oak Island

Myles

they are doing a last season season recap first. best I can it is in three episodes.

• Like 3

We'll probably get it here a few months later, though I doubt they've found anything at all of note.

We'll probably get it here a few months later, though I doubt they've found anything at all of note.

I agree and what ever treasure was there is long gone by now...it would be nice if they found something!!!

• Like 2

I watched an episode the other night. They finally did something worthwhile. They (supposedly) recovered some coconut fibers from the beach area and (again supposedly) got them verified by a lab as coconut fibers. Then they carbon-dated them to around 1300 to 1400 AD with 95% certainty. If true (again the big if) then that would really get one scratching one's head as its well before pirate booty!

• Like 2

I watched an episode the other night. They finally did something worthwhile. They (supposedly) recovered some coconut fibers from the beach area and (again supposedly) got them verified by a lab as coconut fibers. Then they carbon-dated them to around 1300 to 1400 AD with 95% certainty. If true (again the big if) then that would really get one scratching one's head as its well before pirate booty!

That would fit in nicely with the suppression of the Templars and the disappearance of their treasure. On the other hand, it would also mean the rope and pulley the boys discovered had been hanging from a tree branch for just short of 500 years, which is a pretty long while for pully, rope, or tree to last. This claim should probably be approached with caution.

Your right, but the rope, tackle and tree need not date back to the original burial. Whoever dug the pit would likely have marked the spot (no X's were readily available) with a good sized rock. The rock would then have been carved with some sort of distinctive mark. A later visitor knowing something about the legend might have then rigged up the rope and tackle to move said rock. Finding a rock or boulder nearby with a strange carving on it would be a logical outcome. Great story now pointing to Templars?

Not to mention that the rope and tackle and such are reported from 1795, when the kids first found the site. So, that is only 300 years. :whistle:

Edit: Oh, if you mean from 1300 AD, then yeah that is 500 years.... :innocent:

Edited by DieChecker

Not to mention that the rope and tackle and such are reported from 1795, when the kids first found the site. So, that is only 300 years. :whistle:

Edit: Oh, if you mean from 1300 AD, then yeah that is 500 years.... :innocent:

The rope would not have lasted 300 years either.

• Like 1

So a shipload of coconuts headed for the Mounds/Almond Joy factory got caught in a hurricane, washed ashore on Oak island and were consumed by Templar survivors of an earlier shipwreck which occurred when they were fleeing the pope's purge. Looks like the makings of a very bad movie!

They need Nicolas Cage. He always takes very esoteric, seemingly unconnected things and finds huge treasures. At least in the National Treasure movies he does.... :tu:

• Like 2

They have some new digging deeper version of the old shows I am not sure they are different though. Maybe just a name change like Pepsi Maxx?

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder, since they got this new information, with the scanning - that showed an extensive tunnel system on the island - could it be so that these are natural caves that had many surface openings on the island, A cave system that some people discovered way back, and saw the potential to use it as a hiding place for whatever treasure they wanted safe - and that after they placed their treasure down there, they used the soil from the place where the swamp now is, to fill up the natural cave-openings on the island.

They said earlier that they had strong indications that the swamp on the island was man made, and that large quantities of soil must have been removed to create that swamp. That would solve the mystery why this swamp was created, and where the soil that was dug up went. And also, it would have made the treasure hiders effort a hell of a lot easier to use an existing natural cave system, than have to dig these deep extensive holes to bury a treasure. It would make sense regarding those timberlogs-sections they found in that money-pit hole. Every ten feet there was layers of logs in place. and it would make sense to put them there if one just filled up an existing hole that had spacious caverns at the bottom. Otherwise the soil would just keep filling up the cave, and also there would be natural settings of the soil over the years so a hole would be visible - and they didn't want that.

I guess we have to wait and see. :)

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

This show is presented in such a cringe worthy fashion I can't even make it through an episode

The third season is getting old..It looks like they do not have a clue as which direction they should follow..They really need to find something then a few planted coins...Totally a stretch at this point...

The third season is getting old..It looks like they do not have a clue as which direction they should follow..They really need to find something then a few planted coins...Totally a stretch at this point...

Was it the second episode where radar showed a chest, and a body ( some forensics dude said for sure ) down that hole filled with water?

They said they were going to clear it out, then send divers down.....

I take it they decided to save that for the 4th season?

• Like 2

Was it the second episode where radar showed a chest, and a body ( some forensics dude said for sure ) down that hole filled with water?

Yeah, that is pretty stupid huh? They made a big deal of clearing the water and checking any debris that came up, and then failed to follow up on it.

My guess would be that they did follow up on it... Probably they followed up on a lot of stuff, and.... They found nothing. There is only so much "We found nothing" that one can publish on TV without being canceled, and so they keep trying to weave around. That's my guess anyway.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

We are only at episode 6 and there's still 7 more to go...What's next maybe a alien UFO???

Episode 10 has the cast of Finding Bigfoot, and Ghost Adventures coming in to do research on the island.

• Like 1

So the Knights Templar were actually Illuminatie Bigfoot ? :w00t:

Yup, but they are all dead now, and are just ghosts.

• Like 1

At that point, if they seriously thought a body was there, they were obliged to call in the police: you don't just say "Oh, look! A body! Let's dig it up!" (or "Let's not dig it up!" as the case may be). It could, after all, be recently and surreptitiously buried, or the remains of some treasure hunter missing since 1987. So I think we can discount 'the body'.

Edited by PersonFromPorlock

I was pleased to see that when they found nothing in that tunnel, they pretty much put an end to that part. Just the "dumb" brother still is not convinced. Everyone else jumped ship.

I don't think they will ever find anything because I don't think there is anything there. But it is entertaining watching them try.

• Like 1

Yup, but they are all dead now, and are just ghosts.

Unless Scooby Doo and the gang get involved, in which case they'll capture them accidentally, pull off the mask, and....

OLD MAN WITHERS!!! Or maybe Rick Lagina???