Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why so many 'debunkers' here?

bendigger0

What's up with all the 'debunkers' here? Isn't this forum for folks who want to positively discuss the reality of ufo's, extra-terrestrials, and related phenomena?

What's wrong with skeptics? It isn't a very good discussion without different point of views.

• Like 7

Nah, it's more like wanting to explain unexplained mysteries. That can include looking at all sorts of explanations.

• Like 2

You want to check the join dates of some members...if youre still a member in 2 years time I bet you too will chime in to posts you have previously looked into and learned about. The same old topics do have a habit of popping up and down again faster than Abi Titmus's knickers

Get rid of the longer serving members and you'll have a rapid decrease in debunkers, but as that wont happen, its just to be lived with. But hey, even debunkers 'discuss' the case to a degree and if you can look at the quality of the info, you'll become a more refined believer, inasmuch as you'll realise how much absolute bunkum there is in ufology and thus you'll look at cases a little more deeply... rather than just accept them at face value

Edited by seeder
  • Like 3

What's up with all the 'debunkers' here? Isn't this forum for folks who want to positively discuss the reality of ufo's, extra-terrestrials, and related phenomena?

Just talking about it with people who agree with everything you're saying is like playing with your self don't you think? BTW, there are no ET's visiting the earth. Edited by OverSword
  • Like 5

It's actually nice to have different opinions every now and then. If everyone were agreeing on things, it would make for boring discussions.

• Like 3

it's for people to discuss these topics yes, but it's not a woo-woo site where everyone just takes another's story at face value and runs with it. in order to properly discuss something of this nature, there must be evidence that holds up to scrutiny.

• Like 3

It's actually nice to have different opinions every now and then. If everyone were agreeing on things, it would make for boring discussions.

I agree.

Why so many 'debunkers' here

Because there is much to debunk. 99% of all UFO sighting reports are faked and 98% of the YT UFO clips

are faked or just someting filmed by idiots who are still thinking that the audience has a content of 100% idiots.

So it must be filtered very strictly to get the "real good" UFO reports out of the crap.

Edited by toast

Nobody gets a free ride here, matey!s1431.gif

Edited by ealdwita
  • Like 2

& sadly it's never big news when a popular sighting becomes utterly debunked. But the world can't shut up about it when they first appear in the media. i.e. disappearing village in China & New York daytime UFO

• Like 1

Several reasons, some bone fide, some certainly not. The majority of debunkers, when it comes to historically proven fact, simply point out that when a poster says that the Earth is flat, they are in fact wrong, but how they say this of course depends on their personality, which leads to the second type of debunker, fewer, but rather loud. Some, who have genuine knowledge, are rather pompous and arrogant and will take any opportunity to show how "wonderful" they are by beating on another poster who says something these "egos" do not like, even if they have made a simple error, they are simply cannon fodder for these inflated egos. The attacked poster may even be right, but this will not do for the egos, as it is they who are right, always! These egos also do not like people to dream, for dreams, fantasies, call them what you like, are alien to the egos, as dreams cannot be measured and cataloged, and dreams do not have "i" to be dotted and "t" to be crossed. Also there is the chaos theory, dreamt up by me only this instance. It is that if anybody posts about ideas or theories that cannot be proved, and such theories go against the dusty and rigid world of the egos, then they fear that the world will dissolve into chaos if any theory, or simple dream, that they do not like, gains any purchase. Some debunkers, just as some who post truely ridiculous fantasies, are here simply to troll to one degree or other, some have been here a surprising amount of time and have high post counts.

Edit to point out that I myself am a skeptic, but not with a closed mind.....

Oh, I forgot about the religious "something or others". Well, the reason for them is, um, well, better leave that I think......

Edited by Kaa-Tzik
  • Like 2

Because being a skeptic/debunker weeds out all the horrible evidence to try and find the truth. I would love to find out that et are visiting earth, but I'm not going to believe it based off grainy video or one mans eye witness testimony. I don't want to have to "believe" it at all. I want to know it, through actual evidence. So we try and get rid of all the chaff. It's that simple. I used to be a believer in all sorts of things, but when I saw the level of "evidence" we actually had, I eventually had to step back and admit that i was being irrational. And that's when I became a skeptic.

And on top of that, what fun is a discussion with only one viewpoint? If you are not being challenged and your beliefs tested, then you have no idea if they are correct. Who in their right mind wants to believe false things?

• Like 3

And some debunkers or skeptics here, were once true believers themselves... they came here to discuss and after MUCH discussion considered that they themselves may have been too enthusiastic...and with a great variety of researched inputs put forth, slowly became cynical of ufology... then skeptical.

Thats always worth bearing in mind.

typo

Edited by seeder
  • Like 2

What's the good of an 'unexplained mystery' that can be explained?

I'm glad for the skeptics and debunkers because it allows us to see which mysteries, or parts of mysteries, are truly 'unexplained'.

• Like 3

I personally like the people who peel back everything and then say 'Nope, sorry. Maybe next time' It's good to look at something fully, break it into pieces, and then evaluate.

Yes, it would be exciting, frightening and amazing all mixed in one to have solid (Well nothing is one hundred percent) concrete evidence of say 'Aliens visiting Earth, Aliens have, etc, but if we find something is a hoax, or is just something else, the truth is better that way. Some people just crave for something to be real so much and will dismiss everything else in front of them that it could leave a big red mark in the face. I, personally myself, am all for seeing is believing and actually having evidence.

It is nice to believe and have faith and imagine but if it's a lie surely it's better to say it?

• Like 3

[...] Some, who have genuine knowledge, are rather pompous and arrogant and will take any opportunity to show how "wonderful" they are by beating on another poster who says something these "egos" do not like, even if they have made a simple error, they are simply cannon fodder for these inflated egos. The attacked poster may even be right, but this will not do for the egos, as it is they who are right, always! These egos also do not like people to dream, for dreams, fantasies, call them what you like, are alien to the egos, as dreams cannot be measured and cataloged, and dreams do not have "i" to be dotted and "t" to be crossed. [...]

I'm curious: when you were debunking some fantasies surrounding Dyatlov pass incident, that was your "ego" speaking, right?

• Like 1

There would be nothing to discuss if everyone just sat around agreeing with one another about everything. This is a open forum, meaning all positions and points of view should be represented. We neither cater exclusively to skeptics nor believers but instead to a healthy mix of both.

With that said and given that this thread seems to be based on a somewhat loaded question, I'm going to close this down sooner rather than later before the responses take a turn for the worse.

Closed.

• Like 5